Author Topic: Suburban Dallas / TCU trip reports.  (Read 16965 times)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Suburban Dallas / TCU trip reports.
« on: November 11, 2012, 03:36:41 PM »
Man, can't wait to read them because I'm sure there are some amazing stories to be told!

Wish I could have been one of the 20,000 strong Cats fans that invaded the Alamo, but this will be the next best thing.

:emawkid:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 04:01:35 PM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Suburban Dallas / TCU trip reports.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »
Was a home game for me against another mid-major.

Making the hour drive to Waco next week....

Big 12 Champs...2nd time!
Free edge up to defensive starters when opponents held under 10.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 04:18:15 PM »
Threw  :lynchmob: many times in the stands.  Our crowd sounded great...we were very loud.  Can't imagine how intimidating that would be to TCU fans.  Met a fellow goEMAW'er wearing a #LIFE shirt. 

Went to Pete's Piano Bar on Friday night.  Cat fans got in for free if they wore kstate stuff.  The bar was packed with purple.  Fight song was played at least every 10 minutes.  Pretty Great.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 04:23:53 PM »

Went to Pete's Piano Bar on Friday night.  Cat fans got in for free if they wore kstate stuff.  The bar was packed with purple.  Fight song was played at least every 10 minutes.  Pretty Great.
awesome.  I'll assume you went there entirely based on my story about being allowed in to drink more while blackout drunk.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 04:32:44 PM »
Was awesome. That stadium is impressive. TCU ppl stomp other fanbases with courtesy. Free food, beer, and tickets. I'll probably go every time we play there. Oh, I also saw Daris.  :excited:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 04:54:28 PM »
It was unbelievable how nice everyone was.

Had a great time. Hard to tell how many K-Staters were there because not all TCU fans stuck to the "black out" but there was a ton of us.

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 05:59:48 PM »
Business trip...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 06:38:08 PM by Legit Elite »
Free edge up to defensive starters when opponents held under 10.

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 06:31:51 PM »
For a quick rundown..

1. Got incredibly pak'd at Frankies/Baseball Field Parking lot. lots of fun and lots of katz/cultaggie fans
2.Game sucked to watch
3. Prior to halftime in the SRO section, got into a little altercation with some TCU students...Had to be restrained by my ladyfriend before i took it upon myself to dickwhip the crap out of some overconfident rich kids, and a shoulderpad wearing midget for heckling the kstate fans around us  for having a  "lack of education" and going to a "public school" (to put it kindly)....Had it come to blows, i would most likely be facing some serious assault/manslaughter charges. Luckily for these little crap frogs my ladyfriend called the police over to save them from the worst beating of their lives.....could have been a real massacre seeing as how 8MP was only 1 section over and we were planning on getting even more pak'd at halftime (which we did).  :cheers:
4. Did some pretty elite postgame activities with 8MP, ScarySmart, BigDCat, and Trim in the VIP, EMAW, NUMBER1TEAMINCOUNTRY, room at Frankies

Just another normal weekend for elite emaw fans.... :dance:
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 06:34:22 PM »
also  :gocho: a family of 5 sporting all Notre Dame gear in DFW airport...losers

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 06:34:56 PM »
Very elite stories.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
Met and spoke with Michael Bishop...what an incredible human being  :blush:  Spoke at length with John Hubert's family...very good folk.  All in all a fun time.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Suburban Dallas / TCU trip reports.
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 06:52:19 PM »
4. Did some pretty elite postgame activities with 8MP, ScarySmart, BigDCat, and Trim in the VIP, EMAW, NUMBER1TEAMINCOUNTRY, room at Frankies

Just another normal weekend for elite emaw fans.... :dance:

Which one of you was Miller Lite Buckethead?

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
that was our elite non-poster friend

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »
Did not realize there were so many elite posters there.  I was there with Joe Totula and said hi to Trim, but that's all.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
Sparkling new stadium has many nice amenities. The standing room only area on the 1st concourse is pretty cool. They didn't seem to mind me standing there when my seats were level 300.

Those elongated video boards on both sides of the goal posts in the end zone are elite.

TCU and Fort Worth has alot of good looking women. ALOT.

Their sound system is much nicer that BSFS.

TCU stadium > KU memorial running track ...... x3 :lol:
"He's in Shape !"

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 07:35:27 PM »
I personally loved the TCU female student "uniform":  short black dress and cowboy boots....very nice.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »
Good times...

8MP tried to Sandusky me in the restroom, bumped into Bookcat at Frankie's before Trim and his crew showed up to help us close the place down.

There *might be* photographic evidence of a killerfrogs.com poster pre-game pak'ing with Trim and me as well.  Having been to a handful of games over there in the past few years, what they've done in stadium improvements is very impressive. 
bears are fast...

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 08:07:55 PM »
Good times...

8MP tried to Sandusky me in the restroom, bumped into Bookcat at Frankie's before Trim and his crew showed up to help us close the place down.

There *might be* photographic evidence of a killerfrogs.com poster pre-game pak'ing with Trim and me as well.  Having been to a handful of games over there in the past few years, what they've done in stadium improvements is very impressive. 
:sdeek:<-- but with Matt Millen face  :cry:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »
Walked out of the stadium throwing up  :weirdrobert: .  Never done that before but when it's true, got to do it.

Had a #1 team in the land style hangover this AM.  Finally got over it about middle of Oklahoma.  Rough drive back.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 10:57:24 PM »
Good times...

8MP tried to Sandusky me in the restroom

:dubious:  I believe what actually happened was that BookiePimp noticed my elite goEMAW.com Kleinsman7 t-shirt (limited edition) and we met in line for the bathrooms in pregame.  Was very pak'd and excited that aTm had just gone up 29-17 moments before.

Saturday night, pak'd in Stillwater with "Miller Lite Buckethead" and another EMAW and made really funny jokes about how we thought we were playing there the next day to all of the OSU and WVU fans who asked why we were there.  Both of those fanbases love our team, by the way.  It was weird how much they like us.

Anyway, the stadium was great.  K-State section was euphoric on announcement of the aTm interception.  Pak'd really hard all day, had a great time at Frankie's pre and post-game.  Saw several goEMAWers, including those MBP mentioned earlier plus rschmidt_md, purplebear4, and finally got to meet SkinnyBenny!  Trim called THE_ED and left a fantastic message.  I don't know why this sports bar had an elite private lounge area, but we turned it into EMAW celebration headquarters. 

Good times were had by all involved!
:adios:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 11:18:28 PM »
On a scale of Wichita State to Iowa State, how mid-majory is the entire game experience?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 12:23:51 AM »
good lord that half time show

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 12:27:06 AM »
On a scale of Wichita State to Iowa State, how mid-majory is the entire game experience?

some aspects were very legit. the stadium is pretty damn nice, great dance team. pre-game video/entrance was cool.

the band was as small timey as it gets in d1 football. the half time show was an embarrassment. they showed a music video and then had the dude perform the song directly after. granted it was for a great cause, but it was just weird.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 12:27:20 AM »
Walked out of the stadium throwing up  :weirdrobert: .  Never done that before but when it's true, got to do it.

Had a #1 team in the land style hangover this AM.  Finally got over it about middle of Oklahoma.  Rough drive back.

I'm assuming you're a current student so I'm gonna give you some friendly advice:  Always drive the first leg of a roadtrip.  I don't care if you have to drive nonstop to freakin' Padre, do it.  It's waaayyy better than having to drive back all hungover.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 12:50:49 AM »
good lord that half time show

Who knew we'd get to see a classic battle between the death star and enterprise?

:barf:
bears are fast...