Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99590 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2015, 10:49:37 AM »

What's your take on the Crusades? Spanish conquest of the Americas?

Just curious how you work out your moral equivalency.

The Crusades were a response to the Muslim Conquests.

I'm not denying, by the way, that Christianity or any other religion has been spread at least in part through conquest. But to compare Islam to Christianity in terms of violent conquest is laughably absurd.

Because of what happened immediately after the origin of each religion? Because I think their entire histories are relevant.

Again, you seem to be missing the point. the point is not whether a religion has ever been spread through conquest. Islam would not exist without violence and conquest. It saturates the Koran because the Koran was created in large part by Muhammed, a conquering (and pedophile, but that's beside the point) warlord. The same cannot be said for Christianity, which is founded on the Gospels of Jesus and therefore spread peacefully for centuries.

My point is that Christianity has practiced similar amounts of violence in the name of Christianity throughout its  history overall (there have been ebbs and flows). I don't care about their doctrine or how they were established.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 09, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »
has anyone here read the koran? i've read 10 or so paragraphs and a few select verses.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 09, 2015, 02:06:44 PM »
has anyone here read the koran? i've read 10 or so paragraphs and a few select verses.

Obviously dax has.  A person couldn't possibly make a statement as he did above without having read it firsthand.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 09, 2015, 03:06:43 PM »

I'm not denying, by the way, that Christianity or any other religion has been spread at least in part through conquest. But to compare Islam to Christianity in terms of violent conquest is laughably absurd. As I've said before - and you cannot deny this - the very origin of Islam owes itself to centuries of conquest and forced conversion, without which the religion never would have even made it off the ground. Christianity, by contrast, was spread peacefully for centuries after Jesus's death.
Did European settlers  spread their religion peacefully across the United States?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 09, 2015, 03:13:20 PM »

I'm not denying, by the way, that Christianity or any other religion has been spread at least in part through conquest. But to compare Islam to Christianity in terms of violent conquest is laughably absurd. As I've said before - and you cannot deny this - the very origin of Islam owes itself to centuries of conquest and forced conversion, without which the religion never would have even made it off the ground. Christianity, by contrast, was spread peacefully for centuries after Jesus's death.
Did European settlers  spread their religion peacefully across the United States?

European settlers did not settle the United States peacefully, though I'm not sure it really had anything to do with Christianity. Again, the libtards are dodging the point that Islam was founded based on expansion through violence. Not so with Christianity. Your attempts to equate Christianity to Islam are ridiculous.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 09, 2015, 03:22:42 PM »

European settlers did not settle the United States peacefully, though I'm not sure it really had anything to do with Christianity. Again, the libtards are dodging the point that Islam was founded based on expansion through violence. Not so with Christianity. Your attempts to equate Christianity to Islam are ridiculous.

If the christians started out nonviolent and passive, what happened to them to make them do the bad things they did?  I mean the muslims didn't have a choice is what you're saying.  It's the bedrock principle of their religion. 

Conquest and pedophilia from such a morally pure starting point?  What gives? 

Does that make them worse because they were taught better?  Seems like it might.  Like muslim extremists are indoctrinated to be violent lunatics, but bad christians are just inherently awful people.  #pastriesforthought
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 09, 2015, 03:39:09 PM »
I think the ancient Greeks did religion the best.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #357 on: February 09, 2015, 04:21:14 PM »
We've drifted a long, long ways from the facts of today.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 09, 2015, 09:14:37 PM »

Christianity would be almost nonexistent today without expansion through conquest.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 09, 2015, 09:27:19 PM »
Facts vs. Conjecture is a libtard favorite

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 10, 2015, 04:03:09 AM »

Maybe there  is a difference in the writings of each religion but the great similarity between the two is the thirst for power and control.   

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 10, 2015, 09:32:21 AM »
eff these ISIS assholes. It's time to kick their rough ridin' asses in.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2015, 09:43:37 AM »
I'm so sick of liberals pretending like this ISIS bullshit has nothing to do with Islam, or that anyone who is critical of radical Islam is saying that all Muslims are evil people.  It's such a ridiculous argument.  There are twice as many British citizens fighting for ISIS as there are for the British armed forces.  Thousands of educated, otherwise normal European Muslims are crossing the Turkish border into Syria to fight for the Islamic State, and it's not because they're some overly oppressed group of poor kids.  Islamic fundamentalism is playing a huge role in this crisis.  And again, that's not to say that all Muslims are bad people.  It's simply calling a spade a spade.  ISIS explicitly quotes the Qu'ran and follows strict Islamic doctrine, and in their view, they're practicing a purified, literal interpretation of Islam. 

And seriously, don't even get me started on the other atrocities that are taking place in the Middle East and in Africa.  98% of Somalian women have had their clitoris removed.  Gay people in the Middle East have been thrown from high-story buildings and beaten to death by mobs.  Honor killings take place on a daily basis, along with beheadings and other barbaric nonsense.  Majorities of Muslims in Pakistan and Egypt support the death penalty for leaving the religion.  This stuff isn't just isolated to a tiny faction of extremists.  It's a growing problem that people need to take seriously, and anyone who considers themselves a liberal should be appalled and sickened by the vast oppression and savagery that has taken place in the name of Islam. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Things Done In The Name Of Religion (Now Open To All Religions!)
« Reply #363 on: February 10, 2015, 09:56:43 AM »
I need to research how, why and if radical Islam is filtering in from Eastern Europe.  Particularly from the Balkanized regions.

It seems to be spreading peacefully, just like Christianity in its early days.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 10, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »
I'm so sick of liberals pretending like this ISIS bullshit has nothing to do with Islam, or that anyone who is critical of radical Islam is saying that all Muslims are evil people.  It's such a ridiculous argument.  There are twice as many British citizens fighting for ISIS as there are for the British armed forces.  Thousands of educated, otherwise normal European Muslims are crossing the Turkish border into Syria to fight for the Islamic State, and it's not because they're some overly oppressed group of poor kids.  Islamic fundamentalism is playing a huge role in this crisis.  And again, that's not to say that all Muslims are bad people.  It's simply calling a spade a spade.  ISIS explicitly quotes the Qu'ran and follows strict Islamic doctrine, and in their view, they're practicing a purified, literal interpretation of Islam. 

And seriously, don't even get me started on the other atrocities that are taking place in the Middle East and in Africa. 98% of Somalian women have had their clitoris removed.  Gay people in the Middle East have been thrown from high-story buildings and beaten to death by mobs.  Honor killings take place on a daily basis, along with beheadings and other barbaric nonsense.  Majorities of Muslims in Pakistan and Egypt support the death penalty for leaving the religion.  This stuff isn't just isolated to a tiny faction of extremists.  It's a growing problem that people need to take seriously, and anyone who considers themselves a liberal should be appalled and sickened by the vast oppression and savagery that has taken place in the name of Islam.

I am with you on some of this stuff, but this is an African thing, not a Muslim thing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 10, 2015, 10:24:00 AM »
Islamic extremism is absolutely the fault of Islam. It's a core tenant in fundamentalism. To say otherwise is stupid, and not really worth debating. I don't give a crap what other atrocities have been committed behind other beliefs or non-beliefs in the past.

These assholes need to be dealt with.
^read the quran

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 10, 2015, 10:24:49 AM »
Islamic extremism is absolutely the fault of Islam. It's a core tenant in fundamentalism. To say otherwise is stupid, and not really worth debating. I don't give a crap what other atrocities have been committed behind other beliefs or non-beliefs in the past.

I think it's the fault of the extremists.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2015, 10:35:31 AM »

I think it's the fault of the extremists.

Yes, poorly worded. Extremism and fundamentalism go hand in hand.

It's still time to kick these assholes' asses in. And this is coming from somebody who thinks meddling in the Middle East is generally bad.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:42:41 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 10, 2015, 11:53:11 AM »
To be fair to the libtards, ISIS and other islamo-groups wouldn't be able to travel around murdering and "ethnically cleansing" woman, nor set up arenas to publicly stone homosexuals and wives desirable to other men, without GEOGRAPHY.

So stupid.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 10, 2015, 12:43:51 PM »
If there was ever a unique situation about all this extremism, it's that powerful people are manipulating the poor and stupid for their own gain. You never see that in places with kickin geography. Never. Ever. Neverever.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 10, 2015, 01:03:32 PM »
Guys, we've been over this. Islam is no more violent than Christianity, despite the supposed differences in the teachings of Jesus and Muhhamed. #BECAUSECRUSADES. #BECAUSEGEOGRAPHY.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2015, 01:11:24 PM »
If there was ever a unique situation about all this extremism, it's that powerful people are manipulating the poor and stupid for their own gain. You never see that in places with kickin geography. Never. Ever. Neverever.

Guys, we've been over this. Islam is no more violent than Christianity, despite the supposed differences in the teachings of Jesus and Muhhamed. #BECAUSECRUSADES. #BECAUSEGEOGRAPHY.

:lol: you guys

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 10, 2015, 03:09:33 PM »
 :lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile