Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99633 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »
The middle east is, like, the birthplace of trade. If you don't think muslim extremism is responsible for a whole shitload of terrorism, you are so rough ridin' obtuse and ignorant you probably don't know what the colors on a stop light mean.

Yes. People have always fought over that trade, and they always will. Muslim extremism is just a byproduct of the fighting.

Yes, I'm sure it's the battle over control of the silk road that is the root of the problem, and all the violence in the name of allah is just a cloak.

Holy crap

I wouldn't say it's a cloak so much as a recruiting tool.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2015, 03:59:15 PM »
The middle east is, like, the birthplace of trade. If you don't think muslim extremism is responsible for a whole shitload of terrorism, you are so rough ridin' obtuse and ignorant you probably don't know what the colors on a stop light mean.

Yes. People have always fought over that trade, and they always will. Muslim extremism is just a byproduct of the fighting.

As I've said before, there is poverty, conflict and corruption all over the world, yet nowhere else comes close to the levels of terrorism and violence in the predominanly Islamic regions. It's right in front of you but you refuse to acknowledge it.

www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/02/06/asra_nomani_terrorist_in_jordanian_pilot_video_cited_similar_grievances_obama_aired_at_prayer_breakfast.html

Sub-Saharan Africa exceeds the levels of terrorism and violence in predominately Islamic regions.

You should stop digging. "Sub Saharan Africa" is a huge region that has about 250 million Muslims and includes Nigeria, home of Boko Haram, the worst African terrorist group (and of course they are Islamic).

Seriously, you should stop.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 06, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »

As I've said before, there is poverty, conflict and corruption all over the world, yet nowhere else comes close to the levels of terrorism and violence in the predominanly Islamic regions. It's right in front of you but you refuse to acknowledge it.

www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/02/06/asra_nomani_terrorist_in_jordanian_pilot_video_cited_similar_grievances_obama_aired_at_prayer_breakfast.html

Sub-Saharan Africa exceeds the levels of terrorism and violence in predominately Islamic regions.

You should stop digging. "Sub Saharan Africa" is a huge region that has about 250 million Muslims and includes Nigeria, home of Boko Haram, the worst African terrorist group (and of course they are Islamic).

Seriously, you should stop.

http://www.pewforum.org/2010/04/15/executive-summary-islam-and-christianity-in-sub-saharan-africa/

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 06, 2015, 04:03:23 PM »
Does anyone honestly believe that if the Middle East were predominately Christian, we wouldn't be seeing people shouting "Praise Jesus" as they chopped off American heads?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 06, 2015, 04:19:36 PM »

Does anyone honestly believe that if the Middle East were predominately Christian, we wouldn't be seeing people shouting "Praise Jesus" as they chopped off American heads?

So it's all about geography?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 06, 2015, 04:19:47 PM »

:lol:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 06, 2015, 04:23:54 PM »

I think so.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2015, 05:19:29 PM »

absolutely. Most places are influenced far more by geography than religion. For example, geography is why there were far more slaves in the south and not the north, not because of differences in morals or religion.

politics also play a role, but geography also generally drives the politics.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #283 on: February 06, 2015, 05:22:15 PM »

I think so.

in Waterworld
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 06, 2015, 05:47:03 PM »

absolutely. Most places are influenced far more by geography than religion. For example, geography is why there were far more slaves in the south and not the north, not because of differences in morals or religion.

politics also play a role, but geography also generally drives the politics.

Yeah, the same reason air conditioning is more common in hot places.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 06, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »
Geographically speaking, the middle east is conducive for jihadist violence, just like Mississippi is geographically conducive for growing cotton. It makes sense, if you're an indoctrinated lunatic.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 06, 2015, 06:16:11 PM »
Why aren't heads rolling in the Pacific islands?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 06, 2015, 06:29:57 PM »
Geographically speaking, the middle east is conducive for jihadist violence, just like Mississippi is geographically conducive for growing cotton. It makes sense, if you're an indoctrinated lunatic.

such an adorable simple mind.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2015, 06:30:45 PM »
I think Islam is a bit more disposed to violence than your average monotheism because of the story trend in its holy book and the history thereafter. In the Torah you have a group that is freed from slavery, grows a nice little kingdom, and then is shithoused by the Babylonians. Jews are accustomed to being the underdog. The Christians get Jesus in their book and Jesus is def. not a warrior. Christianity basically won Rome through a peaceful revolution. It spread until Constantine could no longer afford to outlaw the 25% who embraced it. The Quran is the story of Mohammed's rise to power and not much else. It ends with Islam being as powerful as ever and things only continued to get better for the next 800 years. My small and simple point is that there isn't much humility or nonviolence to be learned from the Quran.

All of that said, being unemployed is a much, MUCH bigger factor in the decision of young men to do terrible things to other people. Religion is just an excuse for that.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 06, 2015, 07:19:16 PM »

such an adorable simple mind.

I can only assume you're talking about yourself.  Perhaps you're talking about demography, rather than physical geography, but since this was raised the context of "if you placed christians in the same place it would be the same", I won't afford you such deference.

You people are just all sorts of stupid.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2015, 07:21:07 PM »
Geography precedes and shapes demography.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2015, 07:22:25 PM »
Can you give an example of a region that was prone to violence that had a new group of people move in and the violence or disruption in the region ceased?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 06, 2015, 07:22:38 PM »
I think Islam is a bit more disposed to violence than your average monotheism because of the story trend in its holy book and the history thereafter. In the Torah you have a group that is freed from slavery, grows a nice little kingdom, and then is shithoused by the Babylonians. Jews are accustomed to being the underdog. The Christians get Jesus in their book and Jesus is def. not a warrior. Christianity basically won Rome through a peaceful revolution. It spread until Constantine could no longer afford to outlaw the 25% who embraced it. The Quran is the story of Mohammed's rise to power and not much else. It ends with Islam being as powerful as ever and things only continued to get better for the next 800 years. My small and simple point is that there isn't much humility or nonviolence to be learned from the Quran.

All of that said, being unemployed is a much, MUCH bigger factor in the decision of young men to do terrible things to other people. Religion is just an excuse for that.

Nope, just geography,  and salt.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 06, 2015, 07:31:29 PM »
I think we're starting to see why jocks overwhelmingly  choose social sciences as a major.

This is not a shot at bubbles, who made a very thoughtful and reasoned comment.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 06, 2015, 07:36:33 PM »
Why aren't heads rolling in the Pacific islands?

WW2 aftermath

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 06, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 06, 2015, 09:57:47 PM »
my neighbor(who has shown me video of him killing taliban from 500yds with an m14 :sdeek:) was a marine and is very conservative. he has told me several times that those guys don't give a crap about religion, it's just a tool for them to gain some power.

edit: i can't believe i didn't make this comment earlier.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 06, 2015, 10:36:41 PM »

in the process, the president seems to be saying that he knows what real Islam is, he knows that there is such a thing as real Islam, and that he can tell you -- I want Asra to respond to this, professor we'll come to you after that -- and that he can tell you what it is, and that is a frequent mistake that people who have not been very highly educated in religion make, thinking that there is an identifiable, real version of any religion.

BAD MORAL EQUIVALENCY

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 06, 2015, 11:29:19 PM »
You shouldn't have to justify using the terms Muslim-extremism and terrorism (I hate that word, for different reasons) by pointing out that not all muslims are terrorists or extremists.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile