Author Topic: eff the clones game thread  (Read 2097 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: eff the clones game thread
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2024, 08:22:23 PM »
Tang needs to spend the offseason working on ballhandling -- both the players ability to take care of the ball and his coaching ball security.

Or just recruit better ball handlers
Yeah idk. It seems like such a fixable thing, but we weren’t able to fix it all year so maybe just go the dude route.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2024, 08:27:28 PM »
the double byes seem to be working out well for the top seeds thus far

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2024, 08:30:32 PM »
We're going to be a lot better next year I bet

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2024, 08:46:14 PM »
We're going to be a lot better next year I betrtt
Maybe. It depends on who we recruit and if we can quit beating ourselves with an unacceputable turnover rate. The conference is going to get any easier. Hopefully our university president stays the eff out of the program next year.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2024, 08:58:27 PM »
If we would have been 275th in turning the ball over we probably win 3 or 4 more games. As in wouldn’t even need to be in the top 250. Unreal

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2024, 09:15:37 PM »

Going to have to hit a grand slam in the portal for that to be true
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2024, 09:44:52 PM »
We'll be better. They still play hard. Get a couple of dudes and cash in
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2024, 09:47:27 PM »

Tang needs to spend the offseason working on ballhandling -- both the players ability to take care of the  and his coaching ball security.

Camo and Dai Dai probably start at guard, unless Castillo (sp?) is really good. Both are way to sloopy with the ball. Cam is unexcuseably careless for an upperclassman with in oncourt experience. It doesn't matter who we bring in if those two don't get much better handling the ball.

Carter's issue is that he is asked to do too much because there aren't enough scorers. No one complained about or even noticed carelessness from him last season because he was usually the 4th or 5th scoring option. We don't need ball handling practice, we need scorers

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2024, 09:49:37 PM »

I think Keyontae showed that you don't really need a "grand slam",  (unless you think that portal haul was a "grand slam", I really have no idea what it means other than it sounds like we need multiple portal stars)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2024, 10:02:36 PM »

I think Keyontae showed that you don't really need a "grand slam",  (unless you think that portal haul was a "grand slam", I really have no idea what it means other than it sounds like we need multiple portal stars)

Well if we a have a Nowell already on the roster then he can probably hit a ground rule double
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2024, 11:42:42 PM »
Anytime you can get a high-major all conference performer in the portal you’ve hit a home run. Johnson was a grand slam.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2024, 07:48:13 AM »
Anytime you can get a high-major all conference performer in the portal you’ve hit a home run. Johnson was a grand slam.
Johnson was capturing a  10 billion megavolt bolt of lightning in a bottle.

Are we sure Kaluma is gone?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2024, 12:38:55 PM »

Tang needs to spend the offseason working on ballhandling -- both the players ability to take care of the  and his coaching ball security.

Camo and Dai Dai probably start at guard, unless Castillo (sp?) is really good. Both are way to sloopy with the ball. Cam is unexcuseably careless for an upperclassman with in oncourt experience. It doesn't matter who we bring in if those two don't get much better handling the ball.

Carter's issue is that he is asked to do too much because there aren't enough scorers. No one complained about or even noticed carelessness from him last season because he was usually the 4th or 5th scoring option. We don't need ball handling practice, we need scorers

100%

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2024, 02:09:43 PM »

100%

Yep. Not to say we haven’t been frustrated at times. I still don’t think he should really ever dribble the ball more than three times on a catch, but he’s improved across the board in advanced stats, including TO % with much higher minutes and usage rates.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cam-carter-1.html
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.