Author Topic: Orlando shooting. Sad.  (Read 55374 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Orlando shooting. Sad.
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2016, 04:31:49 PM »
And in the refresh, specify the need for a refresh every 10 years or 25 years or whatever.

Yes, I like this.

I hated con law.
Me too.  But First Amendment and crimpro classes made me think that the constitution is pretty groovy in some respects.

Some.  Now we can make it really good.  My takeaway from those classes was that the decision-maker is going to do whatever they want and anything can be justified by spinning the constitution enough.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2016, 04:33:32 PM »
And in the refresh, specify the need for a refresh every 10 years or 25 years or whatever.

Yes, I like this.

I hated con law.
Me too.  But First Amendment and crimpro classes made me think that the constitution is pretty groovy in some respects.

Some.  Now we can make it really good.  My takeaway from those classes was that the decision-maker is going to do whatever they want and anything can be justified by spinning the constitution enough.
That's why we only accept the best and brightest for our highest court!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2016, 04:36:56 PM »
Smells like infringement in here
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2016, 04:37:10 PM »

Yes, I like this.

I hated con law.

They can contribute to the creation of Constitution 2.0 - the one in which "arms" doesn't refer to muskets.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »
Smells like infringement in here

As the real The Manhatter once said, "Sniff, sniff..."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2016, 04:38:36 PM »

Yes, I like this.

I hated con law.

They can contribute to the creation of Constitution 2.0 - the one in which "arms" doesn't refer to muskets.
I'll trade you the right to bear arms for the reproductive rights right here right now straight up.  Do we have a deal?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2016, 04:41:17 PM »

Yes, I like this.

I hated con law.

I'll trade you the right to bear arms for the reproductive rights right here right now straight up.  Do we have a deal?

No way.  I'm a man of the people.  I gotta check with my constituency (the whole world of america) as to what they want for each thing.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2016, 04:42:03 PM »
uncompromising in your #ethics. 

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2016, 05:44:24 PM »

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2016, 06:20:05 PM »
Should the constitution still be a thing in 2016?
there's some good stuff in there imo

Sure.  But it's def time for a reboot.  That would be a nice thing to break out by 2026 to celebrate 250 years of usa.

In 2.0, let's not set the expectation that we're forming a more perfect Union...maybe a "better than average" would do?  Also who will we be counting as 3/5ths of a person in 2.0? 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2016, 06:36:33 PM »

Yes, I like this.

I hated con law.

Well that would be worse all around
:adios:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2016, 08:37:11 PM »
jihadis may hate us, but they love our gun laws:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2016, 08:42:06 PM »
Nuc them!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Orlando shooting. Sad.
« Reply #363 on: June 14, 2016, 09:12:07 PM »
It's weird that people argue more about what the constitution says than if what it says is the best thing for it to say.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:15:45 PM by steve dave »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 14, 2016, 10:12:02 PM »
Psycho Islamic Terrorist Attacks patrons at Gay Bar .  .  . strike down the 2nd Amendment and blame law abiding Americans!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2016, 10:23:06 PM »
FYI retards, the constitution contains an amendment provision.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 14, 2016, 10:50:25 PM »
Let's hear more about this Constitupedia idea.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 14, 2016, 10:53:21 PM »
I saw a quote on FB from someone famous (I think).  They made it into a meme but it made a lot of sense to me. 

Something along the lines of there are two reasons to own an assault rifle.

Reason 1) take it every so often to a firing range to shoot targets and get horny (this made laugh) off of the smoke and fire that comes out of it while hollering loudly at its performance.

Reason 2) to kill

My feelings are guns need to be regulated.  I also respect gun owners and their rights to own firearms.  I don't understand why some gun activists get upset over the thought of restrictions on certain weapons. 

I'm probably pretty ignorant
and there are great needs that make total sense for Joe Somebody to have the ability to purchase an assault rifle.  I just haven't had it explained to me other than "its my right as an American citizen" or some junk like that.     

This is correct.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2016, 11:16:33 PM »
I saw a quote on FB from someone famous (I think).  They made it into a meme but it made a lot of sense to me. 

Reason 1) take it every so often to a firing range to shoot targets and get horny (this made laugh) off of the smoke and fire that comes out of it while hollering loudly at its performance.

Reason 2) to kill

My feelings are guns need to be regulated.  I also respect gun owners and their rights to own firearms.  I don't understand why some gun activists get upset over the thought of restrictions on certain weapons. 

and there are great needs that make total sense for Joe Somebody to have the ability to purchase an assault rifle.  I just haven't had it explained to me other than "its my right as an American citizen" or some junk like that.     

This is correct.

So can you offer an explanation other than the only one he's heard to this point?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2016, 11:44:15 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 14, 2016, 11:48:37 PM »
What if I promise to keep the word "infringed" somewhere in v2.0?  It might not be in the gun part, but somewhere that it can still be quoted in the pit?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 15, 2016, 05:42:54 AM »
What if I promise to keep the word "infringed" somewhere in v2.0?  It might not be in the gun part, but somewhere that it can still be quoted in the pit?
Like the baby's rights shall not be infringed.

Royals aren't gonna win 'em all

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 15, 2016, 07:28:33 AM »
I want to know which grouo is going to be counted as 3/5th a person before I sign off on this going any further

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 15, 2016, 07:44:41 AM »

Reason 2) to kill

This is correct.

So can you offer an explanation other than the only one he's heard to this point?

Yes.  Will it be heard or considered thoughtfully?  Probably not.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 15, 2016, 07:46:18 AM »
leave the guns alone, just regulate bullets and their components to death.

on a long enough timeline, all of the NRAtards will have to start hand reloading ever-y-thing if they want a murderdeathkillexplosionboner.