Author Topic: Orlando shooting. Sad.  (Read 55304 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Orlando shooting. Sad.
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2016, 10:16:11 AM »
wacky, how lax would you say obama is on muslim immigrant terrorists?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2016, 10:16:36 AM »
Why are there always initial reports of more shooters that end up getting retracted?

ratings

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2016, 10:17:00 AM »
on the lax scale, my guess is turbo

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2016, 10:17:09 AM »
They've chopped the vetting process down by 75%, the processing center in Jordan for Syrian refugees is a rubber stamp.   Refugees from a war the US makes completely symbolic and hollow efforts to end, while shipping in arms.   Why?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2016, 10:17:34 AM »
Most terrorist acts would fall under the hate crime umbrella.

I would agree with this statement.  I would however pose that a terrorist attack is one that exhibits a calculated use of violence to achieve a political or ideological goal.  Now I can see how an argument can be made that this situation fits that definition.  However this situation seems far more akin to the actions of Dylan Roof, a situation that was officially deemed to not have been terroristic in nature.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2016, 10:18:33 AM »
Mocat is so obsessed with my posting.  :love:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2016, 10:21:25 AM »
Are you rough ridin' serious? History was my jam, dumbass

Great!  Please explain how this is the "most lax" this country has ever been.  TIA

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2016, 10:23:38 AM »
It's been listed above. Read 'dax's post. Obama wants to flood refugees here to prove a point that this nation isn't "judgemental". He doesn't care about our safety.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2016, 10:30:24 AM »
Also if he acted as a lone wolf is this really an act of terrorism or a hate crime?  I understand the question is semantic and doesn't change anything but...  If he acted alone out of rage over seeing gay men kissing then this seems more hate crimey.   I mean if someone were an ISIS/PKK/Chechen/FARC/IRA associate or sympathizer and lashed out violently killing several in a road rage incident would it be terrorism?

He pledged allegience to ISIS. The "lone wolf" narrative misses the point. Organizations like ISIS, aided by the Internet, spawn these sorts of "lone wolf" attacks.

Obama is not blame for this - no more so than our ineffective federal agencies at large - but he will bear responsibility for many more attacks in the future. Obama has actively pushed to import hundreds of thousands of Muslim immigrants en masse, who as a result of such block migration will not assimilate, much as what is currently occurring in Minnesota with the Somali community, and it breeds radicalization. As Trump says, we need smarter immigration policy. Granted, he's a ducking moron, but at least he recognizes we have a problem.

I appreciate this perspective but would offer that I don't believe an immigration policy exists that leads to smooth assimilation.  If smarter immigration means no Muslims then we have done something similar in the past through the Chinese Exclusion Act.  I would suggest however that such a policy might not serve to panacea of tension alleviation that some imagine.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2016, 10:34:06 AM »
Get the people who wrote star trek and future movies like that in which everyone's gotten over everything and ask them what hypothetically happened between now and their movie settings that made it that way.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2016, 10:35:48 AM »
What's the line for when religion is deemed radicalized?

Interesting question, is radicalization an absolute line or is it relative the tenets of that religion? I'd think it would be and absolute line of advocating for violence in order to spread their religion but maybe it is broader definition of using coercion?

How about those who express or believe that those gays got what they deserved pursuant to their religious text of choice?

http://m.chron.com/news/article/Texas-Lt-Governor-Dan-Patrick-tweets-reap-what-8076147.php?cmpid=twitter-mobile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2016, 10:38:30 AM »

Interesting question, is radicalization an absolute line or is it relative the tenets of that religion? I'd think it would be and absolute line of advocating for violence in order to spread their religion but maybe it is broader definition of using coercion?

How about those who express or believe that those gays got what they deserved pursuant to their religious text of choice?

http://m.chron.com/news/article/Texas-Lt-Governor-Dan-Patrick-tweets-reap-what-8076147.php?cmpid=twitter-mobile

If ppl want change, they should start by making sure ppl like that don't gain office.  I am surprised that guy had the intelligence to delete a tweet since he didn't have the intelligence to not tweet that in the first place.  Morons and zealots holding office is a part of many of our problems.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2016, 10:43:01 AM »
If ppl want change, they should start by making sure ppl like that don't gain office.

Also deny their access to guns.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2016, 10:43:15 AM »

If ppl want change, they should start by making sure ppl like that don't gain office.  I am surprised that guy had the intelligence to delete a tweet since he didn't have the intelligence to not tweet that in the first place.  Morons and zealots holding office is a part of many of our problems.

scheduled tweets are bad.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2016, 10:44:42 AM »

The article claims that he posts a bible verse every Sunday a 7 am and that this one was scheduled last Thursday. It's sort of a weird verse to tweet, though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2016, 10:45:56 AM »
Yeah, I don't buy it.  I mean, it's good spin for them, and far superior than copping to being a huge bigot(again, for them), however I don't buy it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »
I have a hard time believing that someone is regularly picking a passage on a Sunday morning.  I think it would be a bit of a strange passage for an average politician but probably not for a Texan. 

Also, Twitter should make an option that will prompt you just before a pre-scheduled tweet goes out.

Quote from: Twitter Prompt
Still a good idea?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2016, 11:00:13 AM »
Wacky started binging early today... Wow! Such zeal!
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2016, 11:01:35 AM »
I think i'm still drunk from yesterdays sunday funday with Ms. Wacky. Talk about a binder!

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2016, 11:04:29 AM »
It's been listed above. Read 'dax's post. Obama wants to flood refugees here to prove a point that this nation isn't "judgemental". He doesn't care about our safety.

So it is your argument that allowing 10,000 asylum seekers in a 12 months period represents the "laxest" period of US immigration policy?

You might want to see if Brown Mackie will give you a refund on your history degree.

Or at least stop publically announcing that History is your "jam".

Dumbass

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2016, 11:06:56 AM »
 :Crybaby:u
I think i'm still drunk from yesterdays sunday funday with Ms. Wacky. Talk about a binder!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2016, 11:08:00 AM »
Hey dumb eff, libtard. Eat crap. If you do some research, you'll understand how 'lax Obama has turned this country.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2016, 11:11:28 AM »
Yeah, I don't buy it.  I mean, it's good spin for them, and far superior than copping to being a huge bigot(again, for them), however I don't buy it.

i like to think he gets up every sunday morning and picks out a total zinger verse and then tweets it at the exact time every Sunday. real boss move, imo.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2016, 11:15:28 AM »
If he believed it Thursday and believes it, he shouldn't have deleted it Sunday.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2016, 11:15:55 AM »
in 2015, there were ~350 mass shootings in this country. so far this year, there have been 133. only 3 of those (Chattanooga, San Bernadino and now Orlando) have been linked to radical islam. So while radical islam is a problem, it's a very, very, very tiny part of a major epidemic.