Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983641 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10625 on: September 18, 2018, 08:37:03 AM »
My new Chase Business Ink Preferred is on its way. 80k point signup bonus after $5k in 3 months.

I'll be rolling my 50k points from the CSR into the Ink and cancelling the CSR before it renews. The 130k points will be enough to buy 1 of my two tickets to Tanzania next fall on KLM airlines. Boom.

Are you climbing Kilimanjaro?

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: September 20, 2018, 12:28:10 PM »
CSR a good offer now or wait?

(50k after $4k spend)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: September 20, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »
Meh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: September 20, 2018, 09:58:08 PM »
My new Chase Business Ink Preferred is on its way. 80k point signup bonus after $5k in 3 months.

I'll be rolling my 50k points from the CSR into the Ink and cancelling the CSR before it renews. The 130k points will be enough to buy 1 of my two tickets to Tanzania next fall on KLM airlines. Boom.

Yes. Next September. Wife and I. Got our deposit down and we’ll be booking airfare in a couple weeks. A week sleeping on the mountain followed by glamping on safari for several days through Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, and Tarangire National Parks. Haven’t been this excited for a trip since our two weeks though Southern Italy and Greece a while back. This is what life is about.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: September 21, 2018, 09:06:14 AM »

Yes. Next September. Wife and I. Got our deposit down and we’ll be booking airfare in a couple weeks. A week sleeping on the mountain followed by glamping on safari for several days through Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, and Tarangire National Parks. Haven’t been this excited for a trip since our two weeks though Southern Italy and Greece a while back. This is what life is about.

That is going to be amazing. I had some family do that a few years ago and am planning on doing it myself at some point.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: September 21, 2018, 10:01:49 AM »
Meh

Whats the bees knees right now?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: September 21, 2018, 10:31:30 AM »
Meh

Whats the bees knees right now?

pretty much nothing unfortunately. that one is fine but I'd hold out for a higher bonus (no guarantee they'll ever have one). especially given you can't get it again for a couple years.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: September 21, 2018, 11:58:04 AM »
I went ahead and settled for the 50k CSR offer.  It was time to switch from the CSP for the daily driver.
@mikec2w

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: September 21, 2018, 12:06:07 PM »
I went ahead and settled for the 50k CSR offer.  It was time to switch from the CSP for the daily driver.
In the same boat pretty much.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #10634 on: September 21, 2018, 12:09:29 PM »
Have an idle business Ink Preferred that I just cleared last payment.

Sapphire reward hits next cycle. 48 months until I can grab another.

Already have OG Freedom.

What's next? Airline? Cancel and get another biz ink?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10635 on: September 21, 2018, 12:43:27 PM »
yeah, marriott, spg, united, aa, whatever. get the chase ones first if you're under 5/24 then take the others to pound town.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10637 on: September 28, 2018, 07:43:41 PM »
got a mailer with a specific code for the new premium spg card at 125k with 4k spend. I don't know if that's publically available or not but I went ahead and pulled the trigger. $300 SPG/Mar reimbursement so the $450 is a minor deal similar to most other premium cards.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10638 on: October 03, 2018, 02:46:17 PM »
I've got a home renovation coming up, haven't had any rewards cards in years, and am thinking that a trip to Hawaii sounds nice. Any tips? Did the Hyatt two free nights really go away???

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10639 on: October 03, 2018, 03:16:16 PM »
I've got a home renovation coming up, haven't had any rewards cards in years, and am thinking that a trip to Hawaii sounds nice. Any tips? Did the Hyatt two free nights really go away???

The new version gets you 40k points for $3k in 3 months and another 20k if you get to $6k in 6 months. You should be fine.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10640 on: October 16, 2018, 01:37:04 AM »
a few months ago I would've said that the 80k ihg sign up was actually pretty good if you planned it all correctly. because you get one free night a year at any ihg which is nice and often overlooked.

I just used two of those to stay at the times square intercon when rooms were going for $400/night.

:frown:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2018/04/02/ihg-anniversary-night-devaluation/

yeah this is a pretty big devaluation. i'm going to call soon and cancel.

Bummer. Was looking forward to staying somewhere nice for free.

If you're already sitting on a free night, or would be getting it this month, you should still be able to use that anywhere.  It's the free nights issued starting this upcoming May that are shitty.

I still have an old one and was thinking of using it at that same spot at Portland some time when I can drive the dog there and find nature-y things to do, but that hotels on the too-good list for future free nights.

Got an "annual membership fee" of $89 today for my Chase/IHG card. I knew the annual fee for the IHG card I signed up for was $49. Turns out they've created two new an different versions of the IHG cards. I never received a new card version, but they didn't hesitate giving me that new annual fee even though I got the card like 6 months ago and already paid the original.

I was struggling to get the annual free night applied for a FattyFest room instead of using points.  Turned out to be user error, but in the course of figuring that out, I saw that the devaluation got delayed an extra year for the old cheaper fee select cards.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/ihg-select-card-uncapped-free-night-through-2019/
https://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea.com/2018/09/20/how-to-redeem-ihg-rewards-club-chase-anniversary-free-night/

I'd seen in the small print of an email that it listed 2019 instead of 2018, but figured it was a typo.  I'll skip using this for FattyFest and instead hope I find myself at the Miami Intercontinental or something again by next August.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10641 on: October 21, 2018, 03:57:16 PM »
When I did this four years ago, I just got a bunch of cards at the same time NBD. Today (in order):

Sapphire #1 - ok
Sapphire #2 - ok
AAdvantage - rejected, explanation in 7-10 days
MileagePlus - pending, decision in 30 days
SPG #1 - ok
SPG #2 - ok

What now? Venture? Should I just assume that all Chase cards will pend until a later date?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: October 21, 2018, 06:35:30 PM »
Some report only being approved for one card in 30 days. Others report being approved for three cards in 30 days. However, the most common data points suggest that you can pick up two cards in 30 days.
https://onemileatatime.com/apply-for-two-chase-credit-cards-same-day/

I only got one Chase approved (unless it counts by address).

And I got rejected on the Venture. I guess I'll try again in 30 days.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: October 21, 2018, 09:43:16 PM »
mrstdaver just got an Amex Plat 100k offer  :Woot:
I was about to go for the Delta Reserve 70k, but I want one of those Plats too.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: November 14, 2018, 08:33:28 AM »
i have the option of getting Hyatt Globalist status by doing this:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html

should i? i don't know much about Hyatt other than it seems more exclusive. i am currently Hilton Diamond which is usually nice because Hiltons are everywhere.

how quickly can you earn free nights with Hyatt if you are staying in one 3-4 nights every week?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10645 on: November 14, 2018, 09:14:27 AM »
very quickly. but there aren't many hyatts relative to marriott/hilton. hyatt is the best though, if they are where you want to be.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10646 on: November 14, 2018, 09:23:20 AM »
Tried to get Sapph Reserve again yesterday. Rejected.

What now?  Just did IHG and World of Hyatt. Have Freedom to hang onto UR points. Cancelled Sapphire Preferred a couple months ago. Been through a bunch of AmEx/AA cards in the past few years.

Would like to stay on personal cards, but nothing stands out.
Haven't gotten into biz cards yet, cuz imma scaredy cat on fudging that info but might be time to pop the lid off.
No companion for SW Companion pass, so not the best bang for the buck there really.

?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10647 on: November 14, 2018, 09:34:46 AM »
very quickly. but there aren't many hyatts relative to marriott/hilton. hyatt is the best though, if they are where you want to be.

trying to weigh my options - the hyatt place i'd be staying at doesn't seem like anything special but if the rewards are better it might be worth it. it's right next to a homewood suites that i'm currently staying at which is new and actually pretty nice, free booze/food every day 5-7.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: November 14, 2018, 10:27:12 AM »
yeah, at the end of the day when you are road warrior'ing it you should do whatever makes your day to day easier and not concentrate on what status, etc. you get out of it.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10649 on: November 14, 2018, 04:52:56 PM »
Tried to get Sapph Reserve again yesterday. Rejected.

What now?  Just did IHG and World of Hyatt. Have Freedom to hang onto UR points. Cancelled Sapphire Preferred a couple months ago. Been through a bunch of AmEx/AA cards in the past few years.

Would like to stay on personal cards, but nothing stands out.
Haven't gotten into biz cards yet, cuz imma scaredy cat on fudging that info but might be time to pop the lid off.
No companion for SW Companion pass, so not the best bang for the buck there really.

?

If you decide to go for the 80K Inks, let me know. A Canadian Friend of mine has a referral link that is way better than any other referral link you'll find on this blog.