Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 997268 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10400 on: May 21, 2018, 10:13:24 AM »
will be notified via mail within 30 days

Expect a request for more info.  You might have to explain that your biz is that you do side work from home as a sole proprietor separately from your regular job.  It works out fine when you do that and give them documentation showing it's you at your residence and explaining that you need the card to use for biz-related matters to help keep your records straight.

What kind of stuff will they ask for?  Do I need a separate bank account or anything?

Like, copies of personal utility bills or something. Since you won’t have a separate biz entity they can look up and evaluate, they evaluate you the individual like you’re a biz, and check for stability or whatever. You don’t need a separate bank account.

All this is you deciding you’re gonna do side work running a lemonade stand. Obviously, you’re not going to set up an LLC for that, but you need this biz card with which to buy your supplies and keep those expenses separate from your personal expenses. Feel free to swap in anything in place of “lemonade stand.”

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: May 21, 2018, 10:25:54 AM »
if you don't have a real side hustle then you sell stuff on ebay and want those expenses separated from your personal

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: May 21, 2018, 10:32:34 AM »
I got a 60k delta gold amex offer in the mail, but I've already had that card. I read all the fine print and there is no verbiage about not getting the bonus if you've already had the card :Wha:

mrstdaver got one of those a few months ago.  Ended up getting her the Plat for 70k instead so never followed up on the details of having the card previously.  Find out and report back.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: May 25, 2018, 09:15:13 AM »
Got the 30 day let you know by mail response on my Chase Ink. It was my first business card attempt.  :ohno: Anything I can do to speed this up or do I have to wait for the snail mail response? Any tips would help SD get his referral faster.

TIA

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: May 25, 2018, 09:42:42 AM »
Call them and ask them what the hold up is. Have the time they just tell you that you are approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: May 25, 2018, 10:02:47 AM »
Call them and ask them what the hold up is. Have the time they just tell you that you are approved.

Will do, thanks.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: May 27, 2018, 02:10:48 PM »
MileagePlus Explorer doesn't look like a bad option. What if I did that between my CSP and Ink for an easy 40,000 points?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: May 27, 2018, 02:13:16 PM »
MileagePlus Explorer doesn't look like a bad option. What if I did that between my CSP and Ink for an easy 40,000 points?

i'd hold out for a 50k bonus, which is fairly standard.  if a 60k comes along, jump on it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: May 27, 2018, 02:14:59 PM »
actually, just checked flyertalk, and there's a 50k bonus available now.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1177334-special-credit-card-offers-master-thread-subscription.html

it's a good card to mix into your chase 5/24 rotation, assuming you prioritize miles over hotel points.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: May 27, 2018, 02:17:16 PM »
Of course I do. Air B&B is like, a thousand times better than staying in a hotel (sorry ChiCat).

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10410 on: May 27, 2018, 02:18:39 PM »
i'd give you a referral link, but neither my wife nor i has a united card at the moment.  you should wait on applying until someone here posts a referral, it's common courtesy.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10411 on: May 27, 2018, 02:19:30 PM »
I'm not a savage, sys.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: May 27, 2018, 02:21:25 PM »
Of course I do. Air B&B is like, a thousand times better than staying in a hotel (sorry ChiCat).

i always have too, but after quitting a job where i stayed in hotels a lot and organically accumulated points, i'm finally getting to a point where i'm reconsidering.  i also have about a million airline miles stockpiled.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: May 27, 2018, 02:23:39 PM »
I'm not a savage, sys.

i just know how the applying fever can take hold of a man, stevesie.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: May 27, 2018, 04:03:07 PM »
apparently there is a new ink, that chase considers a different card than the ink preferred.  if this card stays with a 50k bonus, that's a big addition to a ur rotation.  if it doesn't, it's a decent alternative (or addition to) using a freedom as a points warehouse for rotation gaps.

also, people are saying that inks are only subject to 5/24, but don't count towards it.  i need to check more on that, if true; i love it, especially later in the summer.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/ink-business-unlimited-current-offer/

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10415 on: May 27, 2018, 04:07:56 PM »
also gives 1.5 pts on spend, so could be useful for ur spend that doesn't fall into any other ur card's 2, 3 or 5x point category.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10416 on: May 27, 2018, 04:29:51 PM »
I still have my chase ink biz plus, the one that got replaced by biz preferred.  It still gets 5x on office supplies and phone/internet/cable, plus 2x on gas.  Preferred only gets 3x on phone/internet/cable and nothing extra for office supplies and gas.  I don't think I'll ever cancel that Plus as long as they let me keep it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10417 on: May 27, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »
apparently there is a new ink, that chase considers a different card than the ink preferred.  if this card stays with a 50k bonus, that's a big addition to a ur rotation.  if it doesn't, it's a decent alternative (or addition to) using a freedom as a points warehouse for rotation gaps.

also, people are saying that inks are only subject to 5/24, but don't count towards it.  i need to check more on that, if true; i love it, especially later in the summer.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/ink-business-unlimited-current-offer/

It’s true. Same for a lot of other business cards.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: May 27, 2018, 10:02:32 PM »
i new most non-chase business cards didn't count.  but the last time i'd looked at it, the conventional wisdom was that the chase business cards did count.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10419 on: May 27, 2018, 11:35:29 PM »
I cancelled my CSP a few days ago prior to the annual fee hitting.  Got it 5/7/16 and had the 50K bonus by 8/4/16 based on the statements from back then.  I've only applied for and obtained 3 cards since then so 5/24 is a non-issue.  I should be able to get a CSR and another 50K on 8/5/18, correct?  Maybe earlier if I have a friendly person at a branch do it?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: May 27, 2018, 11:49:44 PM »
i saw something about chase not clearing obstructions until 5 or 6 days after the 25th of the 24th month.  so i would either wait until 9/2 or so or investigate to be sure if you want to do it earlier.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: May 28, 2018, 12:54:54 AM »
I want to do it as early as possible to have it for a road trip i’m considering just after Labor Day in which I could kill it on travel spend including a bunch of non-chain hotels. I’ve had decent luck at the branches talking about this stuff with their humans; i’ll ask one in a month or so when I can consummate this.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: May 28, 2018, 02:17:28 AM »
According to most data points, you will not technically be below 5/24 until the first day of the 25th month after your fifth account was opened. For example, if your fifth-most recent account was opened on July 5, 2016, do not apply for a new card until August 1, 2018.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/ultimate-guide-chase-5-24-rule/

this is what i was thinking of.  but, this is talking about 5/24, not the 24 months from your bonus date thing.  dunno if they differ.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: May 28, 2018, 11:39:23 AM »
I could see it being the same, sort of.

I had been thinking it would be 2 years from the specific date I got the bonus, but it could easily be 24 calendar months, regardless of what date within the month you got it.  Like, even early in the month (August 4) makes the whole month of August (thru 8/31) a month that is part of the 24?

I'm gonna have to find a good Chase human and figure out exactly when I got the bonus and when 24 months accordingly has passed.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: May 29, 2018, 08:57:50 AM »
Got my first biz account approved.  :driving:

Questions: This doesn’t count towards 5/24 correct? I got it so I was under but it doesn’t add to my total right?

The guy at Chase was kind of a dumbass. He said I needed to set up a business profile to see my stuff online and then I could call and merge the biz profile with my personal, but it would all be under the new biz profile. I asked what happens if I do that and then cancel my only biz card. His head exploded and he had no idea. Does it even matter? I just want all of my cards to show up in the same spot if possible. I also don’t want to ever call them if possible. Do I really have to call them to merge?

TIA