Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 654397 times)

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
that red is pretty dubious too

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
lol well, that should have been a red on martinez either way...i guess the problem isn't var, it's the idiots running it?

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
4 forwards? interesting

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
ugh...shades of last season

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nice var system you got there. I guess it can only call one red card per team per game?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Nice var system you got there. I guess it can only call one red card per team per game?
Hey dumbass the problem is not the system. It's the referees use of the system. Do you honestly think they got more calls correct before VAR than after?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
There is an accountability problem.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't want to argue about it if you're gonna keep dropping D word bombs on me.  :angry:

You want to get every call correct (which is fine, I understand that). They'll probably get a few more calls right but my point is that that has never been worth breaking up the game to check on everything, especially after seeing them still get one wrong while using it. I hate referees as much as the next guy but most of their calls are good and the bad calls tend to even out in the end.

I also think I have a fear of change so maybe it will end up growing on me.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
That's fair. I think the stoppages have been less disruptive as of late though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was so disgusted by that performance that I had to take some time off of posting, I'm back now, let's do it.

MIR fan in the house tonight, let's hope my lifetime undefeated streak continues.
Where are you sitting?

I was in 130 row 10 seats 1-4, I only mention this because I literally had the best seats in the house. Midfield, right above the var screen. Low enough hear everything, high enough to see the entire field.

The in stadium replays were confusing as hell, I had no idea what the hell I was seeing. Seeing the play later, I thought it was more cynical, but I still didn't see a red, maybe I don't know what to lol for. More on this...

Hey dumbass the problem is not the system. It's the referees use of the system. Do you honestly think they got more calls correct before VAR than after?

I actually do. The issue isn't the technology but how officials have become overly reliable on it. It isn't a MLS and VAR issue it's a sports issue. The red that was called and the one that wasn't both should have been handled on the field. Whether both calls were correct or incorrect was besides the point, both were shocking displays of officiating by the head referee and the ARs. This is a plague all over officiating since the advent of instant replay. I'm just old enough where I've been a living, breathing, coherent adult for a decade of non replay and a decade of the replay era and officiating mechanics are much worse, everywhere, there's no safety net.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I want to add something else, separate of the officiating. I know I've been trashing Lobato for a year, but it was shocking to see in person, the negative impact he has on a match. I'm not blaming him solely for the loss, but we were absolutely playing 10 on 10. My nine year old daughter, who does play, mocked him for ALWAYS playing the ball back. He was right in front us, so it was obvious to see that he wouldn't even pick his head up to attempt to play a ball forward, on his feet or with a pass. Berhalter clearly noticed it too because they gave him all the space he wanted but he didn't want any of that space.

He's absolutely the worst player in skc history. He's worse than Jeferson because this dude has been around for two seasons now and has given absolutely nothing.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I want to add something else, separate of the officiating. I know I've been trashing Lobato for a year, but it was shocking to see in person, the negative impact he has on a match. I'm not blaming him solely for the loss, but we were absolutely playing 10 on 10. My nine year old daughter, who does play, mocked him for ALWAYS playing the ball back. He was right in front us, so it was obvious to see that he wouldn't even pick his head up to attempt to play a ball forward, on his feet or with a pass. Berhalter clearly noticed it too because they gave him all the space he wanted but he didn't want any of that space.

He's absolutely the worst player in skc history. He's worse than Jeferson because this dude has been around for two seasons now and has given absolutely nothing.

Didn’t lose but it sure felt like it :(

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Agreed that var is a sports issue in general. I've hated what it's done to college fball and bball (besides that spectacular overturn in the Miami Goal Line Stand game :cool:). I think the NFL got it right with the challenge system.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
^yeah, interesting...wonder if challenge system has been thought about for MLS...i assume not, cuz ultimately it's a FIFA thing?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:party:
This is about the first roaddron in over-the-rhine fyi

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
^yeah, interesting...wonder if challenge system has been thought about for MLS...i assume not, cuz ultimately it's a FIFA thing?

No, I think MLS could do the challenge system. FIFA essentially gave the go ahead to use video technology but it looks differently in many leagues and competitions throughout the world. MLS seems to have the most liberal use of video replay of any league I've seen, is very Americanized.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
DC United rumored to take Fabian Espindola with their first pick in the Re-Entry draft which starts at 2pm. Espindola + EJ could be dangerous.

Signing on to the noble cause of returning Swansea to the Premier League

:lol: jk guys :buh-bye:

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
very early returns on salloi at CF are positive

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
kuzain for croizet...let's see if a young child can outplay  our shaky frenchman

and melia makes up for goal 1 on that free kick

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Watched the highlights. We look good in the highlights!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yohan actually was playing really well, makes me sad he went out. Kuzain got the goal, that was aided big time by a deflection by MnUn. Outside of that he was mainly invisible imo. Jay Linds got on, which was fun, but it is so painfully obvious he doesn't have a left foot. Granted he is a RB and hopefully won't be forced to play LB often, he was not comfortable out there. Glad Rubio got a goal, K-Shelt is better at hold up play, but i don't see how anyone could argue that if you're looking for a goal from the #9 spot Rubio is your better bet than Shelton. Danny had a nice goal, and he's having a great season, not sure if he is the answer centrally though, but the way Gerso and he weaved and rotated it worked, and i think that can work with Johnny too, so maybe a false 9 with those 3 is the answer, not sure, i tend to lean towards saying Shelton's hold up play is probably the best move as long as we can continue to see scoring from the wings and midfield

Ilie Roger and Zusi bossed that game. Lobato had his best game as a Sporting player.

Bese and Ike were a bit lazy a few times on defense, but I’ll take 4-1 no matter how it comes.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Granted Minnesota United sucks but I wouldn't mind more minutes for Rubio and Gerso.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Granted Minnesota United sucks but I wouldn't mind more minutes for Rubio and Gerso.

Gerso got 90