Author Topic: Planting Stories  (Read 1749 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Planting Stories
« on: October 19, 2014, 09:29:24 PM »
Team Obama does it often - and the NYT is only too happy to help. Two examples just this past week:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/19/us/in-black-vote-democrats-see-lifeline-for-midterms.html?referrer= A "confidential memo" warns of crushing losses if blacks don't turn out for the midterms. The confidential memo just mysteriously finds it's way to the NYT, and it had nothing to do with motivating black voters.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/18/us/amid-assurances-on-ebola-obama-is-said-to-seethe.html?referrer= Unidentified "senior officials" in the administration - I'd guess it's usually Valerie Jarret - "leak" that, behind the scenes, Obama is like really pissed that the dang government isn't reacting fast enough to Ebola. He's trying his best everyone, it's the governments fault! :shakesfist:

The NYT: All the News That's Fit to Plant.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Planting Stories
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 09:44:51 PM »
not your best effort
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 09:45:29 PM »
should've used your last line as the subject for more "pop"

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 09:52:54 PM »
get a little better everyday, i'm sure your next thread will really stir things up
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 09:54:22 PM »
should've used your last line as the subject for more "pop"

Yeah, but I thought I'd sucker some of the farmers into this thread with the title I chose. I'm sneaky like that.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 09:55:13 PM »
get a little better everyday, i'm sure your next thread will really stir things up

It's coming. Just hold your horses.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 10:05:50 PM »
Obama's propagandists try their best to make his turd heap adminsration look like a flower bed,  He is to stupid to realize that people, even his core supporters, are tired of his lying promises and indifference to others; the needy are worse off under this administration.  These folks are not rallying around the Prez because the know he is just a bunch of pretty sounding hot wind.  I am sick of Obama blaming others for his failure.  The buck doesn't stop with him.  It stops when he shoves it up the butt of some poor fart like the new hack ebola czar.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 10:06:38 PM »
Only president to ever use the media to his political advantage.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 10:19:39 PM »
Only president to ever use the media to his political advantage.

Yeah, the media did whatever GWB wanted. They loved him.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 10:31:28 PM »
The NYT is a joke
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 11:45:52 PM »
One time I planted an apple seed. It felt great to give back to the earth. I really felt like I had a thumb that day.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 11:52:17 PM »
On Earth Day in 4th grade Mr. Gibson somehow scored everyone in our class one little tree each. I planted mine in the backyard and tended to it daily.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 07:29:37 AM »
How far in the tank are you for someone when you continue to carry their water, while they attempt to put one of your own in prison for protecting sources?

The NYT probably just made an honest mistake, thinking that story was from an "authorized leak" like all the others.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 11:23:54 AM »
They will just probably just steal the elections by registering a bunch of illegals, no need to motivate anyone.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 01:02:42 PM »
Mums.  Never had a problem with them at the old house.  My new house, though, seems to kill them regardless of what I do.  Full sun, dead.  Part sun, dead.  Awesome black dirt, dead.  Clay, dead.  Miracle Grow, dead. 

I was feeling super inept.  I mean, mums are usually no brainers, but then, looking around the neighborhood, I noticed my neighbors all had super shitty looking mums as well.  So, I guess it isn't just me.

Everything else grows pretty boss.  If you have anything particular you would like to hear about, let me know.  I have several stories as my new house really didn't have much other than evergreens, grass, and lava rock when I moved in.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 01:07:29 PM »
Mums.  Never had a problem with them at the old house.  My new house, though, seems to kill them regardless of what I do.  Full sun, dead.  Part sun, dead.  Awesome black dirt, dead.  Clay, dead.  Miracle Grow, dead. 

I was feeling super inept.  I mean, mums are usually no brainers, but then, looking around the neighborhood, I noticed my neighbors all had super shitty looking mums as well.  So, I guess it isn't just me.

Everything else grows pretty boss.  If you have anything particular you would like to hear about, let me know.  I have several stories as my new house really didn't have much other than evergreens, grass, and lava rock when I moved in.

Tying putting your mums in a pot, fool. Mums should only be used as seasonal decoration - not permanent landscaping.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »
I've got a great planting story about my dad drilling wheat one fall and had a bee in the cab of the tractor with him.  Holes in the wheat field big enough to park a car in.  :ROFL:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »
I've been systematically burning back the bermuda grass in my yard this year, and I overseeded with fescue about 4 weeks ago. It really took off and has almost completely hidden the shriveled bermuda. My lawn is now a lovely dark green. I've been watering the crap out of it thanks to my irrigation well. :gocho:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »
Mums are pretty bad ass as a full time landscape plant.  They get huge and leafy in the summer once they are a couple years old.  They are great.  Also, when you have a really big yard, they definitely help add texture and interest.  Plus those fall colors!

I once was on a job where the owner's rep from Chicago got super pissed at the KC landscape architect for including mums in his design for a KC area building.  He yelled at him about it not being a smart design to include annuals in something that would cost a customer thousands and thousands of dollars to replant every year.  I then defended the landscape arch and told the owner's rep that mums aren't annuals.  He then smiled and yelled "Then why the eff does my wife tell me she has to buy new ones every year!".  Everyone, including him, LOL'ed pretty good at him. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 01:33:25 PM »
I bought some dwarf lilacs last summer.  They were like 6" tall.  This year they blew up to like 2.5' tall.  :surprised:  Didn't bloom much, but am thinking that next year will be the year. Really hoping they get filthy with blooms.