Author Topic: Bombshell  (Read 78652 times)

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bombshell
« Reply #275 on: February 02, 2016, 07:55:50 PM »
You think you guys would be pumped about the walk-on transfers. This is what you guys have been bitching about for years and you guys can't even soak it in.

f them.  I'd like to know the details on the 'whys' - because that's really the interesting bit.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 02, 2016, 08:12:42 PM »

“We didn’t want to be put in a situation where we’re just putting him in to run the ball so many times. A lot of quarterback are just ‘special-black quarterbacks.’ A lot of the time they’re not put in good positions to utilize all of their skill sets. Of course he can run the ball, that’s not an issue.”

Collin Klein was a super special-black quarterback.

“We didn’t want to be put in a situation where we’re just putting him in to run the ball so many times. A lot of quarterback are just ‘special-black quarterbacks.’ A lot of the time they’re not put in good positions to utilize all of their skill sets. Of course he can run the ball, that’s not an issue.”
:sdeek:

So this is what happens when white people are afraid to talk about race and then are left to their own devices when something goes down.

All the man is saying is that he doesn't want his son known as a running qb who can't throw. He isn't accusing anyone of anything other than to say that K-State's offense is essentially let's run the qb a billion times a game.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 02, 2016, 08:15:44 PM »
He isn't accusing anyone of anything other than to say that K-State's offense is essentially let's run the qb a billion times a game.

He didn't do good dadding then, if he didn't already know that before his son committed and showed up on campus.  No sympathy for him (though a bit for the kid)

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 02, 2016, 08:22:07 PM »

Sounds like Sean might be out the door..  :Wha:

Who's the coach that's making all this happen?

Or future incoming coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scribe strikes again ... you should know better That_Guy (even though you're a chick)

I've heard different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 02, 2016, 08:31:44 PM »
He isn't accusing anyone of anything other than to say that K-State's offense is essentially let's run the qb a billion times a game.

He didn't do good dadding then, if he didn't already know that before his son committed and showed up on campus.  No sympathy for him (though a bit for the kid)
Jake waters

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 02, 2016, 08:36:21 PM »
Waters was a flash in the pan sought out to really take full advantage of the gifted prodigy that was Tyler Lockett.  And even casual followers of KSU football should know this.  Dads doing research on teams for their kid to play for should also know this. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 02, 2016, 08:37:56 PM »
He flung the ball around for two straight years.  Reasonable to think that a pass only offense would keep passes in the playbook when signing a kid that can throw. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 02, 2016, 08:38:32 PM »
Maybe he can't throw guys?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #283 on: February 02, 2016, 08:42:25 PM »
I stand by my opener. 13 have left. All names I gave are gone. Other names I don't have were walkons from my understanding. Davis, Banks, and Prewett were significant names. Prewett having biggest upside. Rest were just meh. Banks is just first to go public. You can thank me later.

It's later.

I was wrong. Thanks for the info. My bad for doubting you.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 02, 2016, 08:42:41 PM »
Maybe he can't throw guys?

How many successful fade routes did hubes throw out of bounds?

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 02, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »

Jake waters

Although if you go back to Snyder 1.0 there were some quality pro style throwing plays in the offense. Of course, that's a long time ago, plus Banks and Co. could've seen just how terrible our wide receiver corp is/was.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 02, 2016, 08:56:54 PM »
Well, yeah.  That's part of what they are saying now.   

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 02, 2016, 09:25:56 PM »
watershed and twobiz are great. maybe the same poster , but great. also, banks dad just seems like a normal gen x helicopter parent. the only thing he didn't really do his due diligence on is that kstate (dimel) was not going to allow his kid to come in and immediately start playing. that's just not the way they work it. i'm sure he can pass but by description he's always seemed to be a bit of a klein/roberson passing project and the longer dimel has been in charge, the more away from the run and especially the qb run we have gotten. banks seems like a decent kid though and i wish him the best. juco and then resigning is his best option.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #288 on: February 02, 2016, 09:29:53 PM »
watershed and twobiz are great. maybe the same poster , but great. also, banks dad just seems like a normal gen x helicopter parent. the only thing he didn't really do his due diligence on is that kstate (dimel) was not going to allow his kid to come in and immediately start playing. that's just not the way they work it. i'm sure he can pass but by description he's always seemed to be a bit of a klein/roberson passing project and the longer dimel has been in charge, the more away from the run and especially the qb run we have gotten. banks seems like a decent kid though and i wish him the best. juco and then resigning is his best option.

I don't think we love to pass as much as we dislike having our starter get physically beaten every season.

If we have a QB who can take absurd punishment, we will give him the ball.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 02, 2016, 10:12:59 PM »

I don't think we love to pass as much as we dislike having our starter get physically beaten every season.

If we have a QB who can take absurd punishment, we will give him the ball.

Or, if we have 3 or 4 good options at QB, which I'm sure was the plan this year until knees starting getting busted.

Offline TwobizE2P

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 02, 2016, 10:16:29 PM »
Haha...not the same. BP can verify. Plausible DS helps direct JB to MSU but JB will have some other options. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 02, 2016, 10:39:25 PM »

To be fair, Waters had just come in from Juco and (sort of) started. Also, for some inexplicable reason we had Hubes throwing a bunch this year--no way was Banks worse there.

Without any inside knowledge I have to think it comes down to who knows the playbook best. Some coaches simplify the playbook in order to take advantage of athletes who should be on the field. Snyder seems unwilling to do that. He sort of gave Sams a shot at by splitting reps with Waters, but it didn't work out obviously.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 02, 2016, 10:51:14 PM »
It's more about minimizing downside as opposed to maximizing upside. Every coach is going to select the qb who can quickly and consistently make the correct reads under pressure. Whatever "wow" factor banks had, it obviously didn't translate into consistency or production. Alot of guys can excel in HS or JuCo simply because they're athletic, but that doesn't account for much in the P5.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 02, 2016, 10:59:40 PM »

To be fair, Waters had just come in from Juco and (sort of) started. Also, for some inexplicable reason we had Hubes throwing a bunch this year--no way was Banks worse there.

Without any inside knowledge I have to think it comes down to who knows the playbook best. Some coaches simplify the playbook in order to take advantage of athletes who should be on the field. Snyder seems unwilling to do that. He sort of gave Sams a shot at by splitting reps with Waters, but it didn't work out obviously.

snyder is not in charge of the offense. dimel is. running and the qb running game is not dimel's thing. never has been, never will be. that's why we got waters over sams and snyder wondering out loud in post game why daniel didn't play more.

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2016, 11:03:12 PM »
also inexplicably, waters ran the ball quite a bit.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 03, 2016, 02:32:56 AM »
It's more about minimizing downside as opposed to maximizing upside. Every coach is going to select the qb who can quickly and consistently make the correct reads under pressure. Whatever "wow" factor banks had, it obviously didn't translate into consistency or production. Alot of guys can excel in HS or JuCo simply because they're athletic, but that doesn't account for much in the P5.
My sentiments exactly

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 03, 2016, 07:55:47 AM »
My sentiments exactly

This has changed in Snyder 2.0.  We tolerated the mistakes of Bishop and Roberson, because of their upside.  I don't think this is Snyder's preference, actually.  Go back and listen to him talk about Bishop in 1997-98; I remember he said something along the lines of "we have to make sure we don't coach him too much and detract from his natural abilities and leadership."  Of course,  Banks or Sams probably wasn't MFB.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 03, 2016, 07:56:39 AM »
I was under the impression that dimel
 Had almost everything to do with the kleinfense

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 03, 2016, 07:58:11 AM »
And bishop was probably the best athlete on the field most of the time.  Roberson as well to a certain extent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 03, 2016, 08:09:59 AM »
I'm a little bummed about Banks, but it seems/feels like more QB's are transferring then ever.