Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5613362 times)

Offline 09emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #21700 on: December 17, 2015, 09:27:49 AM »
What is the latest on Shackelford, is he a done deal to KSU?

Went on his official last weekend, signed the aid agreements already, and no word on any other visits to Texas or anything like that.

I'm sure he wanted to get that UT experience, but to be honest, our ancient coach probably has a better chance of being the HC at his school beyond 2016 than Charlie Strong does.

I'd be shocked if he decommited at this point.  Wanted to post the article bc it's pretty good.

Shackelford has scheduled an official visit at Texas for January 15, he is an early enrollee (at least he is supposed to be with us) Our semester does not start until January 19.  All he has and can sign with us is financial aid agreement. He does not become a binding commit (on his part anyway) until he has enrolled and the spring semester begins. So if we do lose him we are going to lose him right before the spring semester. 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #21701 on: December 17, 2015, 10:38:46 AM »

Went on his official last weekend, signed the aid agreements already, and no word on any other visits to Texas or anything like that.

I'm sure he wanted to get that UT experience, but to be honest, our ancient coach probably has a better chance of being the HC at his school beyond 2016 than Charlie Strong does.

I'd be shocked if he decommited at this point.  Wanted to post the article bc it's pretty good.

Shackelford has scheduled an official visit at Texas for January 15, he is an early enrollee (at least he is supposed to be with us) Our semester does not start until January 19.  All he has and can sign with us is financial aid agreement. He does not become a binding commit (on his part anyway) until he has enrolled and the spring semester begins. So if we do lose him we are going to lose him right before the spring semester.

If we lose him, we need to be very, very careful of the contact that we have had and will have with him, because if he signs with Texas, and we've done any contact outside of what we'd give a normal recruit, we can get our ability to sign these early financial agreements stripped for a period of time.  Apparently, this happened with LSU.

I guess if they sign the agreements early, we can have expanded contact, but if they end up signing somewhere else, we will get hit with sanctions for illegal contact.

It's stupid, but it is what it is.  In my opinion, it would be the most damning recruiting mistake this particular staff would have made.  Regardless, the fact that Shackelford is still looking around, period, after signing the paperwork, is absolutely pathetic on the part of this staff.  If he was wavering, at all, they shouldn't have asked him to sign it.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21702 on: December 17, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »

If we lose him, we need to be very, very careful of the contact that we have had and will have with him, because if he signs with Texas, and we've done any contact outside of what we'd give a normal recruit, we can get our ability to sign these early financial agreements stripped for a period of time.  Apparently, this happened with LSU.

I guess if they sign the agreements early, we can have expanded contact, but if they end up signing somewhere else, we will get hit with sanctions for illegal contact.

It's stupid, but it is what it is.  In my opinion, it would be the most damning recruiting mistake this particular staff would have made.  Regardless, the fact that Shackelford is still looking around, period, after signing the paperwork, is absolutely pathetic on the part of this staff.  If he was wavering, at all, they shouldn't have asked him to sign it.

What a stupid rule.  Did not know.  Thanks for the insight Pan.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #21703 on: December 17, 2015, 01:14:24 PM »
A recruit’s decision not to enroll at LSU after signing a financial aid agreement has the football program in some hot water.

LSU is banned from signing early enrollee recruits to financial aid agreements for the next two years, and the program will be stripped of 10 percent of its recruiting evaluation days in 2015, according to public records obtained by The Advocate.

The penalties, handed down by the Southeastern Conference and reported by the school Feb. 3, stem from a violation that occurred this fall involving an unnamed recruit.

The recruit signed a financial aid agreement with LSU, intending to enroll early in January and giving the school unlimited contact with him. But he decided not to enroll at the school. That makes at least some of LSU’s unlimited contact with the prospect illegal.

Matt Womack, an offensive tackle from Mississippi, signed a financial aid agreement with LSU in August intending to enroll at the school in January. Instead, Womack de-committed — as hundreds of prospects do each year — and signed a National Letter of Intent with Alabama in February.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/11707183-123/records-lsu-slapped-with-recruiting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21704 on: December 17, 2015, 03:08:39 PM »
If we get in trouble, I think Bill would just show up to the NCAA office looking all bewildered and they'd go pretty easy on us.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #21705 on: December 17, 2015, 03:20:39 PM »
A recruit’s decision not to enroll at LSU after signing a financial aid agreement has the football program in some hot water.

LSU is banned from signing early enrollee recruits to financial aid agreements for the next two years, and the program will be stripped of 10 percent of its recruiting evaluation days in 2015, according to public records obtained by The Advocate.

The penalties, handed down by the Southeastern Conference and reported by the school Feb. 3, stem from a violation that occurred this fall involving an unnamed recruit.

The recruit signed a financial aid agreement with LSU, intending to enroll early in January and giving the school unlimited contact with him. But he decided not to enroll at the school. That makes at least some of LSU’s unlimited contact with the prospect illegal.

Matt Womack, an offensive tackle from Mississippi, signed a financial aid agreement with LSU in August intending to enroll at the school in January. Instead, Womack de-committed — as hundreds of prospects do each year — and signed a National Letter of Intent with Alabama in February.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/11707183-123/records-lsu-slapped-with-recruiting
With our staff + Overlord Currie, I don't think their is a chance of over/illegal contact.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21706 on: December 17, 2015, 03:48:07 PM »

That is the dumbest freakin' rule.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21707 on: December 17, 2015, 03:55:10 PM »
Good way to 'eff with another school on the DL...

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21708 on: December 17, 2015, 06:53:53 PM »
Damn we're good
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #21709 on: December 17, 2015, 08:11:59 PM »
4 additional scholarships for this class, right?

Kalin Heath
Bryce English
Darreyl Patterson
Joshua Little

all gone

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21710 on: December 17, 2015, 09:11:06 PM »

Kalin Heath
Bryce English
Darreyl Patterson
Joshua Little

all gone

Pretty sure Darreyl Patterson is back on the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21711 on: December 17, 2015, 09:30:48 PM »

Kalin Heath
Bryce English
Darreyl Patterson
Joshua Little

all gone

I don't think that's how it works. You can only bring in 25 per class. Those scholarships probably will go to walkons I would guess.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #21712 on: December 17, 2015, 09:36:20 PM »

Kalin Heath
Bryce English
Darreyl Patterson
Joshua Little

all gone

I don't think that's how it works. You can only bring in 25 per class. Those scholarships probably will go to walkons I would guess.

well, as of right now, there's we're scheduled to have 5 mid-year enrollees that can count toward last years class, that frees up more room for the 2016 class.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21713 on: December 17, 2015, 09:39:31 PM »
Well...I don't think we were in trouble not having enough spots for this weak class.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21714 on: December 18, 2015, 11:02:10 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #21715 on: December 18, 2015, 11:08:31 PM »
My guy!

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21716 on: December 18, 2015, 11:08:49 PM »
Cool helmet
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21717 on: December 21, 2015, 03:14:29 PM »
:dance:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21718 on: December 21, 2015, 03:17:44 PM »
Didn't he like kill a guy?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21719 on: December 21, 2015, 07:50:31 PM »
We no longer interested here?

http://247sports.com/Player/Tramal-Ivy-23815
ahahahahahaha

CycloneInsiders @CycloneInsiders

@Allthewayivy25 Ames would be a great place for you're daughter

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21720 on: December 22, 2015, 09:31:20 AM »
shackelford is apparently coming to wally for advice. jfc.

Not to stir up any unnecessary chaos over the holidays but based on a conversation I had with Zach Shackelford last night, I think it's safe to say that he's still in limbo on whether to stick with his K-State pledge or stay at home with the Texas Longhorns.

I'd rather not get into the full details of what all was discussed but let's just say that Zach reached out to me seeking some answers about K-State because, according to him, I would shoot him straight (personally, that's a huge compliment in my book but that's neither here nor there). After going back and forth a little on things related to the roster, my suspicions heightened due to the conversation starting out of the blue, I asked about the Longhorns and whether or not new OL coach Mike Mattox has had some sort of an effect on his process.

"Yeah," Shackelford responded. "Just mulling over everything before I make a life long decision."

Clearly the weight of his choice is getting to Zach. Wish I could say more definitively based on our conversation that Zach was going this way or that way but I couldn't tell. In my opinion, his heart seems to be with K-State but the aura of the Longhorns (and likely some pressures to stay home closer to friends, etc.) won't go away. I also wonder a little about what, if anything, Shackelford's head coach Bob Shipley has said (assuming he has helped at all, I honestly don't know). Yes, Shipley as in the father of Jordan and Jaxon as well as being a one-time assistant at Texas under Mack Brown.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #21721 on: December 22, 2015, 10:01:08 AM »
 :lol:

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21722 on: December 22, 2015, 10:10:31 AM »
No way we sign 20 kids this year.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21723 on: December 22, 2015, 10:13:24 AM »
(personally, that's a huge compliment in my book but that's neither here nor there)

:goodbyecruelworld:

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21724 on: December 22, 2015, 10:24:24 AM »
So he's gone.  What 2 star can we find to take his place?