Author Topic: the "new" button  (Read 7177 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: the "new" button
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 08:51:57 PM »
Sorry guys...i wish i could help but you need to file a ticket

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 09:04:39 PM »
rough ridin' chris in IT, damn that guy

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 09:15:23 PM »
rough ridin' chris in IT, damn that guy
His performance review is this month so input would be great

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 09:15:49 PM »
Meh, I like tapatalk on my phone. Its weird that its just that thread.

Also, it works on tapatalk now.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 09:19:03 PM »
Also, it works on tapatalk now.

chris in IT :curse:

The Big Train

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 09:19:56 PM »
Chris in IT sounds like an bad person

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 11:02:26 PM »
Chris in IT sounds like an bad person

He's actually a pretty good guy

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 06:45:12 AM »
I was having fan's issue with the royals thread on tapatalk but that seems to be fixed.
The latest post instead of newest unread post thing is maddening and happens on multiple browsers and tapatalk alike

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 06:46:06 AM »
Non tapatalk users: are you kidding me?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 11:06:27 AM »
lol at anyone who uses that pos software

for those of you who use tapatalk, software is that part of a computer system that consists of encoded information or computer instructions

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 11:27:10 AM »
for those of you who use tapatalk, software is that part of a computer system that consists of encoded information or computer instructions

Man, you learn something new everyday here at gE. Thanks clams!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 11:38:06 AM »
do you just like use the full website on your phone? i mean i have a huge phone screen but there's no way i would enjoy that

The Big Train

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 11:43:37 AM »
do you just like use the full website on your phone? i mean i have a huge phone screen but there's no way i would enjoy that

Sometimes you get a screen full of cfbandymans or :lol: or :D so it's worth it sometimes

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2016, 12:13:29 PM »

Are you an iPhone guy? From what I understand the iPhone browser sucks and you have to seek out Tapatalk
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2016, 12:15:04 PM »
Nope

The Big Train

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2016, 12:15:40 PM »

Are you an iPhone guy? From what I understand the iPhone browser sucks and you have to seek out Tapatalk

Safari is the pinnacle of phone browser technology

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 12:24:52 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2016, 01:21:48 PM »

i use chrome on my iphone which is basically a refaced safari.  not sure why you wouldn't enjoy that or what you do enjoy about the use of a crap program like tapatalk but to each their own i guess.

my issues with tapatalk go back to when i paid for tapatalk pro to avoid ads and then they updated their crap software and it started showing ads and then they ignored all of my correspondence with them asking them to fix mine to ad-free.  like, completely ignored my threats of potential litigation and emails and even my post in their support forums.  so then i visited their headquarters when i was in santa monica and spit on their sidewalk.

also, every time they try to "update" their software, it comes out shittier than it was in the previous releaese

good news for Chris in IT- i think the "new" button issue only occurs in big threads like someone mentioned above, especially the royals one.  maybe the thread is too big for the board software to remember where the last post i saw was so it just goes to the last one.  #data #chrisinIT

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2016, 01:24:12 PM »

i use chrome.  not sure why you wouldn't enjoy that or what you do enjoy about the use of a crap program like tapatalk but to each their own i guess.

my issues with tapatalk go back to when i paid for tapatalk pro to avoid ads and then they updated their crap software and it started showing ads and then they ignored all of my correspondence with them asking them to fix mine to ad-free.  like, completely ignored my threats of potential litigation and emails and even my post in their support forums.  so then i visited their headquarters when i was in santa monica and spit on their sidewalk.

just because the waitress screwed up your order the one time you went there doesn't mean the restaurant sucks. also i have never had ads.

i do not enjoy the full website because of all the constant zooming in to click on stuff, way too much work. plus, tapatalk has dark mode!  :love:

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2016, 01:34:07 PM »
You double tap the screen and it auto-sizes everything perfect

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2016, 01:34:36 PM »
just because the waitress screwed up your order the one time you went there doesn't mean the restaurant sucks. also i have never had ads.

i do not enjoy the full website because of all the constant zooming in to click on stuff, way too much work. plus, tapatalk has dark mode!  :love:

Yep, all of this.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 02:38:04 PM »

i use chrome.  not sure why you wouldn't enjoy that or what you do enjoy about the use of a crap program like tapatalk but to each their own i guess.

that's a stupid analogy, let me help you-
if you go to a store and pay for something and they smile and take your money and push you out the door without giving you what you paid for, you're not going back.  at least, i'm not. 
i paid for no ads.  i contacted them through all available channels and asked them several times to revert my version to the ad-free version. a lot of
 users had the same problem.  they ignored me.

tapatalk is for those who can't figure out how to effectively navigate a mobile browser

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2016, 02:39:26 PM »

that's a stupid analogy, let me help you-
if you go to a store and pay for something and they smile and take your money and push you out the door without giving you what you paid for, you're not going back.  at least, i'm not. 
i paid for no ads.  i contacted them through all available channels and asked them several times to revert my version to the ad-free version. a lot of
 users had the same problem.  they ignored me.

tapatalk is for those who can't figure out how to effectively navigate a mobile browser

Yep, all of this

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2016, 02:53:22 PM »

just tried it again.  what a beat down

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
This would make great bet material. Loser has to use/not use Tapatalk for a week. It would be torture