Author Topic: Will this get better?  (Read 9613 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Will this get better?
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 09:23:29 PM »
The point is that this team has a severe lack of d-1 talent, but rah rah walkon

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 09:23:57 PM »
Seems more like  the growing pains as we move from teams filled with JUCOs to 3 star high school kids we develop.  Bill definitely wants a full cabinet before he retires again. A lot of young kids playing and a lot more getting ready to step in next year.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 09:24:15 PM »
It feels like how the first Snyder era ended.

Good news though...coaching search! <3

Not similar at all really. This team is much better than 2004 and is (maybe) falling from much lower heights.

This team would kick the crap out of that '04 team, they were so so so terrible.
You might very well be right, bit this team hasn't shown anything on the field to say this is true. We've only managed to beat a terrible FCS team, a very bad Conference USA team, and average Conference USA team at home in triple overtime.  The only difference so far this season is a lucky FG in OT by a back up kicker

There is a huge difference in what you just described (plus today at OSU) and barely beating a 1AA team, getting your ass kicked at home by a fringe top-25 team (Fresno) to start the season.

Yeah, this is my proof.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2004-10-09-kansas.html
That wasn't even a good KU team, if we lose to ISU then we'll talk

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2015, 09:25:52 PM »

Not similar at all really. This team is much better than 2004 and is (maybe) falling from much lower heights.

This team would kick the crap out of that '04 team, they were so so so terrible.
You might very well be right, bit this team hasn't shown anything on the field to say this is true. We've only managed to beat a terrible FCS team, a very bad Conference USA team, and average Conference USA team at home in triple overtime.  The only difference so far this season is a lucky FG in OT by a back up kicker

There is a huge difference in what you just described (plus today at OSU) and barely beating a 1AA team, getting your ass kicked at home by a fringe top-25 team (Fresno) to start the season.

Yeah, this is my proof.
Fair enough of course.  Only time will tell. I would easily see us losing to a 4-7 ISU, Tech, or WVU

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2015, 09:26:15 PM »

Yeah, this is my proof.
Fair enough of course.  Only time will tell. I would easily see us losing to a 4-7 ISU, Tech, or WVU

1.8 ypc  :sdeek:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2015, 09:29:16 PM »
wait, changing my post based on MIR's memory. Watching the 04 KSU/Colorado game was the absolute worst experience watching KSU football in person

Watch this and think about your experience that night.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2015, 09:29:44 PM »
Also think of all the trick plays and injuries that had to happen for a top twenty team to beat us at home. We are far away better than 04 and 05.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2015, 09:30:38 PM »
Also think of all the trick plays and injuries that had to happen for a top twenty team to beat us at home. We are far away better than 04 and 05.
Pro-Tip: OSU ain't a Top 25 team. They are very average.

Don't moral victory this crap.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2015, 09:32:51 PM »
Not disagreeing with mismanagement of talent or lack of talent standpoints, btw. I'm also pretty furious at what our schemes have become.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »

Well they'll probably win eight or nine this year so that's probably top 25. Not a lot of good teams out there.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2015, 09:34:03 PM »

But they are.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2015, 09:35:42 PM »

But they are.
The only ranking that matters is at the end of the year.  We were ranked #13 in 2004, so by that 2004 was a better team because this team ain't sniffing the top 25.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2015, 09:36:33 PM »

Yeah, they'll beat KU and have toss ups with ISU, Tech, and WVU; just like us. They are close to being the overrated dogshit I thought they'd be before the season started. They pulled horseshoes out of their asses to beat a shitty UT and whatever the hell we are.

Who would have thought that Tech would the fourth best team in the conference?

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »

But they are.
The only ranking that matters is at the end of the year.  We were ranked #13 in 2004, so by that 2004 was a better team because this team ain't sniffing the top 25.

I'd be willing to bet they end the season in the top 25. I think you're melting down too hard.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2015, 09:37:42 PM »
I'm pretty frustrated.  I was high on our d before todsy, but man that was brutàl.

The injuries are taking a toll; I'm now in the camp of "we are going to lose a bunch of close games this year."

Gd that was frustrating; osu is not good.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2015, 09:38:06 PM »

But they are.

srs response is srs

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2015, 09:38:17 PM »

Well they'll probably win eight or nine this year so that's probably top 25. Not a lot of good teams out there.

No freaking way they win 4 more games. 8 wins is their absolute ceiling.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »

I'm not sold on Tech. Their defense is abysmal and they're demoralized after these last two games. I think they're close to imploding.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2015, 09:42:54 PM »
OSU has a decent change to grab two non ISU/KU wins.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2015, 09:44:10 PM »

I'm not sold on Tech. Their defense is abysmal and they're demoralized after these last two games. I think they're close to imploding.

OSU's secondary is worse than ours

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2015, 09:53:04 PM »

OSU's secondary is worse than ours

I want to see what Tech does against ISU next week. If they blow them out then maybe they've taken a step forward but I have a feeling ISU keeps it close.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2015, 11:38:28 PM »
While it's indisputable that our talent level is not where it should be, this is nowhere near comparable to how bad the end of Snyder I was. I'd also argue that the majority of the best talent on the roster right now is in the FR & SO classes. There's still holes that need filled and a lot of developing to do, but it sure seems talent and raw athletic ability wise the needle is moving upwards.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2015, 11:58:42 PM »
While it's indisputable that our talent level is not where it should be, this is nowhere near comparable to how bad the end of Snyder I was. I'd also argue that the majority of the best talent on the roster right now is in the FR & SO classes. There's still holes that need filled and a lot of developing to do, but it sure seems talent and raw athletic ability wise the needle is moving upwards.

Snyder coming back and trying to recruit was embarrassing. We made adjustments 3 years ago and got to a reasonable level. But this staff probably needs 1 more recruiter. 

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2015, 12:10:28 AM »

Snyder coming back and trying to recruit was embarrassing. We made adjustments 3 years ago and got to a reasonable level. But this staff probably needs 1 more recruiter.

I would agree

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2015, 09:57:43 AM »

So where will we be after 5 straight maybe 6 straight losses?