Author Topic: OSU Second Half Thread Official  (Read 9677 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: OSU Second Half Thread Official
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »
Defense wasn't helped by being in and of itself a shitty unit.

I am sorry but giving up as many third and longs as they did was their fault alone.  If they wanted off the field then they should have stopped OSU when it was 3rd and 10+.

The offense gave as much as they could in the first half of this game and the defense simply crap the bed over and over again.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2015, 08:30:23 PM »
our kicker putting it out of bounds on the last kickoff is unforgiveable
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2015, 08:33:31 PM »

It gave them 10 yards. They converted a 4th and 8 on that drive that was a much bigger mistake. It's pretty likely they were going to score whether they got it on the 15, 25, or 35.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2015, 08:44:35 PM »

It gave them 10 yards. They converted a 4th and 8 on that drive that was a much bigger mistake. It's pretty likely they were going to score whether they got it on the 15, 25, or 35.

oh, we should have kicked an onside if them scoring was inevitable then. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2015, 08:47:08 PM »

Honestly, we should have. The defense wasn't going to stop them.  If they got the back on the one yard line the only difference would be one less interception for zooks.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2015, 08:47:51 PM »

Someone said this on Twitter before the kick.

I didn't think scoring was inevitable before the drive started but after they converted that 4th, it seemed apparent that we needed a turnover.

catzacker

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2015, 08:50:32 PM »
I enjoyed the 3rd and 23 at the end of the first half where burns gave a 28yd cushion. The amount of 3rd and 4th and longs this team gives up is rough ridin' unreal.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2015, 09:07:21 PM »
I enjoyed the 3rd and 23 at the end of the first half where burns gave a 28yd cushion. The amount of 3rd and 4th and longs this team gives up is rough ridin' unreal.

They were in a zone there.

I wonder how much attention it will get that they actually didn't get a first down on that play. The officials only walked off 5 yards on the holding penalty. What's funny is that the FS1 broadcast had the 1st down line in the right place but the officials, the announcers, and our dumb ass coaches somehow all missed that. It was obviously a huge first down given the distance, time, and location on the field.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2015, 09:12:34 PM »

I wonder how much attention it will get that they actually didn't get a first down on that play. The officials only walked off 5 yards on the holding penalty. What's funny is that the FS1 broadcast had the 1st down line in the right place but the officials, the announcers, and our dumb ass coaches somehow all missed that. It was obviously a huge first down given the distance, time, and location on the field.
I wondered that myself. But don't have dvr to rewind.

catzacker

« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2015, 09:24:18 PM »

Yeah but unless we were in cover 3 burns should have been in front of him, not 5 yards behind him 28yd down the field.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2015, 09:30:16 PM »

Yeah but unless we were in cover 3 burns should have been in front of him, not 5 yards behind him 28yd down the field.

I don't know what he knew but Burned stopped him 5 yards short of where the first down should have been. I'm not defending Burned

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2015, 09:36:37 PM »

Yeah, I saw that catch and rolled my eyes a bit, like "at least they didn't get the firs...."
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2015, 12:14:03 AM »

Yeah, I saw that catch and rolled my eyes a bit, like "at least they didn't get the firs...."

I just watched it again and I don't understand how it all happened.  When OSU had their original 1st and 10 from just past our 45, the first down marker was placed correctly just past our 35.  I guess I never pay attention in any other scenario, but why would a penalty have someone moving that marker from the 35 yard line at all, let alone 5 yards instead of a wrong-but-at-least-understandable 10 yards?  A penalty will affect where the ball's snapped from, but that shouldn't have any bearing on where the offense has to get.

Is this game online somewhere or do I have to viakoffman youtube the whole sequence?

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2015, 12:18:50 AM »

I just watched it again and I don't understand how it all happened.  When OSU had their original 1st and 10 from just past our 45, the first down marker was placed correctly just past our 35.  I guess I never pay attention in any other scenario, but why would a penalty have someone moving that marker from the 35 yard line at all, let alone 5 yards instead of a wrong-but-at-least-understandable 10 yards?  A penalty will affect where the ball's snapped from, but that shouldn't have any bearing on where the offense has to get.

Is this game online somewhere or do I have to viakoffman youtube the whole sequence?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QuPWo_DLVXA&feature=youtu.be

Also write up on it from BOTC: http://www.bringonthecats.com/2015/10/3/9447707/outrageous-officiating-incompetence-costs-k-state

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2015, 12:19:25 AM »
I can't believe we lost the game on that call and now no one noticed on the field.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2015, 12:20:49 AM »

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2015, 12:22:55 AM »

It looks like the problem was that the Chain gang moved them on the long play where the penalty occurred and didn't put them back in the right spot and no one noticed.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2015, 12:27:31 AM »

It looks like the problem was that the Chain gang moved them on the long play where the penalty occurred and didn't put them back in the right spot and no one noticed.

Which is absurd. The chains aren't supposed to move until the refs tell them to move, and they shouldn't have be signaled until the penalties have been taken care of

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2015, 12:28:54 AM »
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Afterward, K-State coach LHC Bill Snyder told the Kansas City Star he had noticed the error, but didn't elaborate.

"I am trying to think what the official told me about it," Snyder said. "I can't remember right now."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13803765/officiating-error-leads-oklahoma-state-cowboys-touchdown-win-kansas-state-wildcats

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2015, 12:30:53 AM »

Ah, that makes sense as to how it could've even happened.  Pretty shitty that they prematurely moved the stuff, but shittier that KSU let it happen.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2015, 12:36:35 AM »

Ah, that makes sense as to how it could've even happened.  Pretty shitty that they prematurely moved the stuff, but shittier that KSU let it happen.

Yes, someone majorly mumped up for it to happen, but there's a lot of people who should take the blame that it wasn't fixed.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2015, 06:18:36 AM »
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Afterward, K-State coach LHC Bill Snyder told the Kansas City Star he had noticed the error, but didn't elaborate.

"I am trying to think what the official told me about it," Snyder said. "I can't remember right now."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13803765/officiating-error-leads-oklahoma-state-cowboys-touchdown-win-kansas-state-wildcats

My first thought after it had been confirmed as an error was that I couldn't believe Snyder didn't notice/say anything about it. Surprised that he did notice and said something, but was just like,  :dunno:, OK.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.