Author Topic: Chisholm victory?  (Read 3363 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Chisholm victory?
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 04:41:45 PM »
I really think it's a blow out if Jones scores there. Like 38-14.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 05:37:11 PM »
I really think you're ugly

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 05:41:49 PM »

i actually agree with Fan, even tho overall i think we are all kinds of ugly, boring, horrorshow.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 05:47:51 PM »
Kidding about fan looking like Shaka Smart aside, I don't know how that second half plays out differently if Jones scored. We certainly played that second half like we were up three scores anyway and UT played that second half pretty wide open. There was only one punt between both teams after the fumble.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 06:08:01 PM »
Kidding about fan looking like Shaka Smart aside, I don't know how that second half plays out differently if Jones scored. We certainly played that second half like we were up three scores anyway and UT played that second half pretty wide open. There was only one punt between both teams after the fumble.

That's fair.

It looked like they were on the verge of packing it in on that drive. We held them to 3 and out to start and Jones was gashing them. While Silmon had some nice runs later, the other effect was that Jones didn't play again. He was having one of his better games and I bet he finishes with 150 on the ground and a couple scores if he doesn't cough that. Purely hindsight, but that's the feel I had before the fumble. Charlie might have been able to get a little more fight from his guys at 28-7, but I'm not sure.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 06:17:04 PM »
Every time my wife schedules a kids bday party exactly during a KSU cats football game, we win.    ;)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 06:21:35 PM »
Game totals:
50% offensive success rate (including the final 2 garbage plays)
5.19 yards per play (5.75 Big 12 ave before today, 3.77 K-State ave before today)
.31 points per play (.41 Big 12 ave, .37 K-State ave)
2.4 points per drive (2.4 Big 12 ave, 2.26 K-State ave)

1st half:
59% success rate
5.3 YPP
.46 PPP
4.2 PPD

2nd half:
38% success rate
5.03 YPP
.09 PPP
0.6 PPD

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 06:29:14 PM »

That's fair.

It looked like they were on the verge of packing it in on that drive. We held them to 3 and out to start and Jones was gashing them. While Silmon had some nice runs later, the other effect was that Jones didn't play again. He was having one of his better games and I bet he finishes with 150 on the ground and a couple scores if he doesn't cough that. Purely hindsight, but that's the feel I had before the fumble. Charlie might have been able to get a little more fight from his guys at 28-7, but I'm not sure.

Taking him out for fumbling there is stupid. Especially him, he doesn't need any lessons on taking care of the ball. Jones is amazingly good at keeping the ball secure.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 06:30:53 PM »

That's fair.

Taking him out for fumbling there is stupid. Especially him, he doesn't need any lessons on taking care of the ball. Jones is amazingly good at keeping the ball secure.

this is correct. jones rarely fumbles. dumb move.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 06:31:30 PM »

That's fair.

Yep, I was pissed about it, too. It's not like he benched Ertz for that terrible INT.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2016, 06:32:58 PM »

That's fair.

I agree completely. I could see one series, but he's your most consistent back and a senior leader. He should have absolutely been back on the field.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2016, 06:33:49 PM »

Agreed, it really changed the outlook of the game. We were actually fairly proficient in the first half on offense, which was nice to see. Not amazing by any stretch but some of the best I've seen this year, and even that drive to get to Jones' fumble was going pretty good, and then it happened, and the rest of the game was unnecessarily close. The defense did well for the most part especially once we began to turn the ball over again and again.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla