Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3204993 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #16250 on: October 31, 2016, 03:53:41 PM »
ku is less of a sleeping giant than iowa state

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16251 on: October 31, 2016, 04:00:03 PM »
Sign #1 that your football team sucks: You can't spell winning.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #16252 on: October 31, 2016, 05:52:57 PM »
Sign #1 that your football team sucks: You can't spell winning.
wine 2 |w??n|
verb [ no obj. ] W. Indian
dance with rhythmic gyratory movements of the pelvic region: the crowd jumped and wined and churned the field into mud.
he wants #kufball to start farm humping  :horrorsurprise:

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16253 on: October 31, 2016, 08:34:43 PM »
If KU Football were a hedge fund, a case could easily be made that it has duped millions out of money and should possibly be considered a ponzi scheme.

:ROFL:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: October 31, 2016, 10:24:42 PM »
I still go to most games. In my gang of KU fans it is down to about 2-4 who still go to most games.  When we were wining games It would be about 10-15 KU fans I knew going to most games. If we start wining they will return just like  about every other place.
I always wonder if we get a good coach and he stays for a long time how big could KU football get.   Like KU basketball fans, a lot of them never went to KU.  If KU football  starts wining I could see a lot of KC people with no KU ties becoming fans.  Everyone loves a winner.  When Mangino  was wining we  sold out most games. How big of a sleeping giant is KU football??

No they didn't. They nearly sold out against us when we had 15,000-20,000 fans there, even when we sucked.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16255 on: October 31, 2016, 10:37:27 PM »
I still go to most games. In my gang of KU fans it is down to about 2-4 who still go to most games.  When we were wining games It would be about 10-15 KU fans I knew going to most games. If we start wining they will return just like  about every other place.
I always wonder if we get a good coach and he stays for a long time how big could KU football get.   Like KU basketball fans, a lot of them never went to KU.  If KU football  starts wining I could see a lot of KC people with no KU ties becoming fans.  Everyone loves a winner.  When Mangino  was wining we  sold out most games. How big of a sleeping giant is KU football??

No they didn't. They nearly sold out against us when we had 15,000-20,000 fans there, even when we sucked.

gmafb with the "when mangino was winning" - dude had one winning conference season in 8 years there

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #16256 on: November 01, 2016, 06:45:01 AM »

gmafb with the "when mangino was winning" - dude had one winning conference season in 8 years there
Their golden age.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16257 on: November 01, 2016, 09:28:49 AM »
Gridiron: The Perfect* Season

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16258 on: November 01, 2016, 11:55:29 AM »

I just went down a The Gridiron rabbit hole on youtube.  My favorite is still 2010 K-State when "the slow start was just too much to overcome".  59-7.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16259 on: November 01, 2016, 12:16:59 PM »

I just went down a The Gridiron rabbit hole on youtube.  My favorite is still 2010 K-State when "the slow start was just too much to overcome".  59-7.
I forgot about that! Amazing.... It's a simple game: Block, Tackle, Catch, Throw!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16260 on: November 01, 2016, 12:55:13 PM »

Was that the one where according to all the clips they were really kicking our ass and then we scored the 59 point touchdown at the end to pull out a gutsy win?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16261 on: November 01, 2016, 03:17:58 PM »

Was that the one where according to all the clips they were really kicking our ass and then we scored the 59 point touchdown at the end to pull out a gutsy win?

It was a fluke win.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16262 on: November 01, 2016, 03:31:58 PM »

Tremaine Thompson's juke :love:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16263 on: November 01, 2016, 03:35:36 PM »

https://youtu.be/SOLWFQejSuw?t=48
 :love:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16264 on: November 01, 2016, 05:14:39 PM »

No, it was the one where they fought hard at the end and nearly came all the way back to only lose 59-7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6BUVvHoiEA

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #16265 on: November 01, 2016, 06:19:46 PM »
i turned on closed captions and the transcript option  :sdeek:

4:41 me know you know better than that i'm looking out the game its fourth-quarter
4:45 k you driving k-state nose and a handle on the job random would use them
4:50 great wedding day embracing the line it takes 10 minutes or less sex once a
4:55 rising
4:55 the bus down the sideline defenders Jason Adam he shrugged them off
5:00 dies and Hanzal care about 10 to crown
5:03 yell screaming wanna mess more diverse in my life
5:07 stone session they couldn't wait to rest and feel the cum congratulate the
5:10 teenager down and almost

5:12 I mean how do I would jump in now I know I ran down and so on
5:15 no words until out six i know i know i wanna be a jet out today
5:18 I wanna feel day
5:20 the law that one and that experience like i jus wanna

5:24 I'll make a play like that myself just about one hundred and mailings
5:28 DNJ I want to see what it means to win that rivalry
5:30 in the medina lar
5:35 when you some claims cleaned up
5:40 what's so will you stop penetrator

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16266 on: November 01, 2016, 06:38:18 PM »
:lol:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16267 on: November 01, 2016, 07:21:34 PM »

https://youtu.be/SOLWFQejSuw?t=48
 :love:
Just amazing. One of the most brutal moves I've seen.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is hurting
« Reply #16268 on: November 01, 2016, 07:40:57 PM »

KU has had 11 crowds in Memorial Stadium at or over 50,000 since 2006 none since 2008 and over half have been vs K-State Nebraska or Oklahoma.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16269 on: November 01, 2016, 07:46:47 PM »
The state may shut that crap hole health-hazard of a stadium down:
• University of Kansas Memorial Stadium, 3rd Floor, 1000 W. 11th St., last had a regular inspection on Oct. 22 and two violations were found. The establishment is currently listed as out of compliance.

http://www2.ljworld.com/weblogs/crime_blog/2016/oct/31/restaurant-inspections-for-the-second-ha/

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #16270 on: November 02, 2016, 07:29:38 AM »
• University of Kansas Memorial Stadium, 3rd Floor, 1000 W. 11th St., last had a regular inspection on Oct. 22 and two violations were found. The establishment is currently listed as out of compliance.

http://www2.ljworld.com/weblogs/crime_blog/2016/oct/31/restaurant-inspections-for-the-second-ha/
http://Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86PvgGy4LeQ
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16271 on: November 02, 2016, 09:28:31 AM »

That Hy-Vee rating has KU Karla of Prairie Village, KS re-thinking her grocery shopping.   The Memorial Stadium rating is immaterial because KU Karl, KU Karla's husband has banned talking about KU Football until further notice. 

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16272 on: November 02, 2016, 10:45:30 AM »
At least we're not September of 2009 UTEP, the last home team to lose on their own field to KU....

When will KU win their first road game. Will Beatty ever get one before he's fired?

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16273 on: November 02, 2016, 04:13:20 PM »

No, it was the one where they fought hard at the end and nearly came all the way back to only lose 59-7.

Whenever you miss Bob Davis, just go to the eight minute mark.

RIP Bob.  :cry:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16274 on: November 03, 2016, 08:26:32 AM »

Whenever you miss Bob Davis, just go to the eight minute mark.

RIP Bob.  :cry:

One can only imagine how the outcome of this game might have changed if not for that holding call in the 1st quarter.  And if you are skeptical that this call played any role in the outcome of the game let me introduce you to my good friend Mr. Mo Mentum and maybe he can clue you in on how football works.