Author Topic: Hilarious Things At Your Office  (Read 220900 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Things At Your Office
« Reply #425 on: July 08, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »
not a funny story, but when I lived in Michigan, EVERYONE went on vacation for Spring Break. Somehow every school has the exact same spring break there and everyone like packs the minivan for florida or something. The office was a ghost town during spring break and it was great.

i've heard this exact same thing from other michigan friends. would be funny if you just went north for sb to your weird mackinac island thing

I don't think it's open yet.

Another fun michigan fact: a family we know has a family "cabin" that is 17 miles from their regular house. And they go there to "get away from it all" like 2 weeks a year.

they must really love where they live 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 08, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »
Saw this today...

Then saw this email from the local prez...

I know there is lots of curiosity on what happened to the door

I would like to tell you all that Donna ****** got caught between the doors “AGAIN”, and this time she used the zucchini to free herself

But, nothing more than temperature change and glass with a flaw that caused the glass to burst, much like we see happen in the office once in a while

Have a great day, see you at the employee meeting

So an employee somehow got stuck between doors, and not for the first time either.  Then she managed to free herself using a vegetable.  Was the zucchini within reach or did she already have it on her in case she got stuck again?  Oh BTW people at this office are somewhat used to glass doors bursting.

So much going on here I don't even know where to start.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 08, 2014, 01:33:51 PM »
drugs?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 08, 2014, 01:34:18 PM »
Don't know if it's hilarious, but co-worker snuck into my office while I was doing field work, and got on my computer before it locked--had it lock after 3 minutes if unattended.  He sent an email from my computer to a bunch of women in the office that said "I love you.".  Only found out because they all emailed back that they loved me too.  Bastard.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 08, 2014, 01:34:32 PM »
Did the zucchini belong to Donna or was it a company zucchini?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 08, 2014, 01:37:51 PM »
Don't know if it's hilarious, but co-worker snuck into my office while I was doing field work, and got on my computer before it locked--had it lock after 3 minutes if unattended.  He sent an email from my computer to a bunch of women in the office that said "I love you.".  Only found out because they all emailed back that they loved me too.  Bastard.

That's really bizarre.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 08, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »
Guys I'm flummoxed here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2014, 01:48:52 PM »
I want to burn this place down today. That would be pretty funny to me, I guess?  :dunno:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 08, 2014, 01:50:47 PM »
I want to burn this place down today. That would be pretty funny to me, I guess?  :dunno:

lost first place?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 08, 2014, 01:53:56 PM »

lost first place?
The two ppl who recruited me here have left in the last two weeks and I surpassed my goal this month, but all of a sudden I've had 3 students who've no showed for their start, their phones are off, and management is asking me how I can get last second students before Thursday? Answer: "I CAN'T! IT'S NOT FAIR TO THEM TO START THIS LATE!" My Answer: "I'll see what I can do!"

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 08, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »

lost first place?
The two ppl who recruited me here have left in the last two weeks and I surpassed my goal this month, but all of a sudden I've had 3 students who've no showed for their start, their phones are off, and management is asking me how I can get last second students before Thursday? Answer: "I CAN'T! IT'S NOT FAIR TO THEM TO START THIS LATE!" My Answer: "I'll see what I can do!"

It's been my experience that the best sales people bring the most revenue into the company are the ones management picks on and fucks with until they quit or they are fired.  Hang the eff in there bro.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 08, 2014, 01:59:28 PM »

lost first place?

It's been my experience that the best sales people bring the most revenue into the company are the ones management picks on and fucks with until they quit or they are fired.  Hang the eff in there bro.
Very true! They've been hanging on myself and the girl I hated at first (but don't anymore, poor thing had a rough up bringing, I probably judged her too soon).

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 08, 2014, 02:01:07 PM »

lost first place?

Maybe Joffrey will let you have the pick of the dungeons? :dunno:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 08, 2014, 02:52:09 PM »
not a funny story, but when I lived in Michigan, EVERYONE went on vacation for Spring Break. Somehow every school has the exact same spring break there and everyone like packs the minivan for florida or something. The office was a ghost town during spring break and it was great.

i've heard this exact same thing from other michigan friends. would be funny if you just went north for sb to your weird mackinac island thing

Another fun michigan fact: a family we know has a family "cabin" that is 17 miles from their regular house. And they go there to "get away from it all" like 2 weeks a year.

Is the cabin on a lake?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 08, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »

That's weird, but also strangely common here too.

I know a guy who lives in KC and has another place on a lake Lee's Summit, and know a couple Lawrence/Topeka families that have places on a lake in Mclouth (not far from either city).

Council Grove people do that a lot too.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 08, 2014, 03:04:32 PM »
I'd rather have a lake house at Lake Lotawana than Lake of the Ozarks because driving 3 hours sucks.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 08, 2014, 03:07:36 PM »

I'd rather have a lake house at Lake Lotawana than Lake of the Ozarks because driving 3 hours sucks.

Says the wuss who doesn't want a kick ass drag boat.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 08, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »

I know a guy who lives in KC and has another place on a lake Lee's Summit, and know a couple Lawrence/Topeka families that have places on a lake in Mclouth (not far from either city).

yeah. you're not a "made" mhker until you have a cabin on council grove lake.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 08, 2014, 03:10:21 PM »

Says the wuss who doesn't want a kick ass drag boat.

As long as we're imagining, I think I'd rather have a beach house than either, but only 17 miles from my regular house, with a really nice ocean view and a wine cellar. Also a mountain view behind the house with wildflower gardens and horses in a stable for riding

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 08, 2014, 03:14:05 PM »
and 2 solariums

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 08, 2014, 03:19:45 PM »
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 08, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »
i'm still looking for a beach with quality sand on which to build my beach house

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 08, 2014, 03:51:46 PM »

Yup, it all involves water though.  No one has a non-lake house 17 miles away.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 08, 2014, 03:55:12 PM »
i'm still looking for a beach with quality sand on which to build my beach house

the wise man built his house upon the rock

(should have done in poetwarrior font)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 08, 2014, 04:01:35 PM »
Fixed fortifications stand as a monument to the stupidity of man. 

Keep it mobile, folks.