Author Topic: Hilarious Things At Your Office  (Read 221086 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Things At Your Office
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2014, 10:05:47 AM »
seriously though.... "ROOF, ROOF, ROOF!......ROOF, ROOF, ROOF!...."

i just shake my darn head, you guys.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2014, 10:09:43 AM »
We had a technology sub-contractor on a long-term project who was really strange.  He had an old flip phone, and his ring-tone was some freaking love song, but in that weird 8-bit flip phone unsophisticated type music.

He seemingly refused to ever use vibrate, even after we would drop like a million hints and comments about using vibrate.

The worst part of this is that dumbass had it set to play his full ring tone on text messages, not just calls.  So every rough ridin' text this bad person received play this long elaborate love song, in that old timey 8-bit flip phone style. 

The other really strange thing he would do was carry around pictures of his 60's something camaro.  He'd bust them out at Mexican restaurants on work lunches and show them to waiters, but never waitresses, and never to gringo's.  Only Mexican men.  If he found himself without his pictures, he'd strike up a conversation about cars with the waiter, and always in Spanish.  Again, never to white waiters.  It was his go-to pick-up move, and it must have worked a fair bit, because he did it all the time. 

His contract wasn't renewed by the client, and he claimed it was because they were racist against latinos (he was like vaguely latino...like maybe one grand parent was latino or something.)  The sad, but also kinda funny part was that while the client was not racist at all, they were really bigoted and didn't like gay people.  I was like "You are getting warmer" when he'd talk about them being racist....didn't have the heart/courage to tell him "bro, it's because you are gay."   :frown:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2014, 10:11:27 AM »
Oh, and while we are talking about strange phone behavior at the work place, we had this old guy who had obviously just got a new Droid phone, because every single text message he received played that robot voice "DDDDDDDRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD" word every single rough ridin' time he received a text message (10-20 times a day). 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2014, 10:12:52 AM »
you told that camaro guy story really well, pete.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2014, 10:13:53 AM »

i was there.  i remember ordering the lengua tacos

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2014, 10:14:12 AM »

He was SOOOO weird, rick. 

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2014, 10:17:05 AM »
pete, that was a great story. especially the end where you were hinting about getting warmer.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2014, 10:17:57 AM »
One of the other really horrible things about Camaro guy was that he would do the over-the-top spanish accent on words that weren't really spanish.

Like lemonade.  He would order leeeeeeeemonda.  Like the waiter would have no idea what he wanted if he just rough ridin' said "Lemonade, please."

And, he would repeat words back to you, I guess to correct your pronunciation on them.  But again, on words that you really didn't need to pronounce in spanish.  There was this one restaurant that was called Lola's, and he would repeat that back after you said it, as if he were correcting your accent....I mean, there is really one way to pronounce that rough ridin' word.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2014, 10:20:48 AM »
Me:  "Let's go to Lola's"

Camaro guy:  "Lola's"

Me: "That's literally exactly like what I just rough ridin' said, dude."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2014, 10:24:51 AM »
pete you should have sung the eric Clapton song back at him when hed correct you.

la-la-la-la-la looooollaaaaaaa

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2014, 10:25:26 AM »
sounds like pete has a grievance IMO

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2014, 10:29:45 AM »
Oh, and while we are talking about strange phone behavior at the work place, we had this old guy who had obviously just got a new Droid phone, because every single text message he received played that robot voice "DDDDDDDRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD" word every single rough ridin' time he received a text message (10-20 times a day).

sdmom has really bad hearing. her phone is on this because it is the only ringtone she can hear. pretty hilarious.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »
Semi-interesting coworker phone story:

Went to a conference with a group from work and we were in a session listening to a speaker with about 2 hundred or so other people, and one of my coworkers is texting and every time he gets a text it makes a sound like peeling out tires.  And its really loud and everyone is staring.  So I say "hey why don't you put that on silent" and he says "I don't think you can for texts" and I said "ya you can" and then I put it on silent for him. The end.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:35:33 AM by _33 »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »
Semi-interesting coworker phone story:

Went to a conference with a group from work and we were in a session listening to a speaker with about 2 hundred or so other people, and one of my coworkers is texting and every time he gets a text it makes a sound like peeling out tires.  And its really loud and everyone is staring.  So I say "hey why don't you put that on silent" and he says "I don't think you can for texts" and I said "ya you can" and then I put it on silent for him. The end.

:lol:

Ya, Camaro guy got really pissed when I took his flip phone when he was in a meeting and set it to vibrate only.  He didn't know it was me, but was mad someone "hacked into his phone." 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2014, 12:28:32 PM »
We had a technology sub-contractor on a long-term project who was really strange.  He had an old flip phone, and his ring-tone was some freaking love song, but in that weird 8-bit flip phone unsophisticated type music.

He seemingly refused to ever use vibrate, even after we would drop like a million hints and comments about using vibrate.

The worst part of this is that dumbass had it set to play his full ring tone on text messages, not just calls.  So every rough ridin' text this bad person received play this long elaborate love song, in that old timey 8-bit flip phone style. 

The other really strange thing he would do was carry around pictures of his 60's something camaro.  He'd bust them out at Mexican restaurants on work lunches and show them to waiters, but never waitresses, and never to gringo's.  Only Mexican men.  If he found himself without his pictures, he'd strike up a conversation about cars with the waiter, and always in Spanish.  Again, never to white waiters.  It was his go-to pick-up move, and it must have worked a fair bit, because he did it all the time. 

His contract wasn't renewed by the client, and he claimed it was because they were racist against latinos (he was like vaguely latino...like maybe one grand parent was latino or something.)  The sad, but also kinda funny part was that while the client was not racist at all, they were really bigoted and didn't like gay people.  I was like "You are getting warmer" when he'd talk about them being racist....didn't have the heart/courage to tell him "bro, it's because you are gay."   :frown:
Johnny Wichita? :peek:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »
I'm on a a training call right now. Everyone was told to mute their lines for the moment. The trainer is doing her thing and the next thing you hear in the background is: "eff man, I'll call you later, I'm on this lame ass training call right now. I know, shoot me." Trainer: "EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! WHO'S TALKING RIGHT NOW!!!" Other line: "Click!"  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:56:01 PM by WackySquawk08 »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »
there's some guy that works from home in AZ and he always forgets to mute his phone when we are on calls and then his (est. 50 from the sounds of them) dogs lose their mind for the mailman or something and everyone lols and then he says sorry and is embarrased but it's ok because it's funny to everyone and we all make that cash.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2014, 02:57:02 PM »
I'm on a a training call right now. Everyone was told to mute their lines for the moment. The trainer is doing her thing and the next thing you hear in the background is: "eff man, I'll call you later, I'm on this lame ass training right now. I know, shoot me." Trainer: "EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! wHO'S TALKING RIGHT NOW!!!" Other line: "Click!"  :lol:

Pretty dumb to hang up imo. If I was the trainer, I'd take a roll call to find out who it was. 
@lopakman

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2014, 02:57:57 PM »
I'm on a a training call right now. Everyone was told to mute their lines for the moment. The trainer is doing her thing and the next thing you hear in the background is: "eff man, I'll call you later, I'm on this lame ass training right now. I know, shoot me." Trainer: "EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! wHO'S TALKING RIGHT NOW!!!" Other line: "Click!"  :lol:

Pretty dumb to hang up imo. If I was the trainer, I'd take a roll call to find out who it was.
She already took it. This was like 5 minutes after roll call.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2014, 02:58:21 PM »
there's some guy that works from home in AZ and he always forgets to mute his phone when we are on calls and then his (est. 50 from the sounds of them) dogs lose their mind for the mailman or something and everyone lols and then he says sorry and is embarrased but it's ok because it's funny to everyone and we all make that cash.
That's adorable.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2014, 03:10:19 PM »

She already took it. This was like 5 minutes after roll call.

Yeah, that's why I'd take another roll call to find out who it was.
@lopakman

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »
That's adorable.

yes it is. he's also very old and nice.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2014, 03:11:21 PM »
or the trainer could like not waste everyones time trying to be a hardass and just move on...

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2014, 03:14:10 PM »
I've done that before lol - it's def a YES! moment

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2014, 03:14:53 PM »
or the trainer could like not waste everyones time trying to be a hardass and just move on...

It wouldn't be very hilarious if you couldn't laugh in the face of the person who said it now would it?
@lopakman