Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3215158 times)

Offline hippocraticoaf

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #5575 on: April 15, 2014, 08:48:03 PM »
McDonald's and Taco Bell sport red roofs. So does jiffy lube. Makes sense.

When the ground level looks like a forgotten Soviet block, show pictures of the roof. I don't know a single Ku grad that's been to Manhattan that won't acknowledge kstate has a way nicer campus.

That's actually pretty funny, because outside of that one building you always see in pictures of KSU's campus, the very word I would use to describe the design aesthetic is Soviet.  I understand that some buildings have been builded in the past 5 years or so that look less utilitarian, but still...

bluemont hall.

awful

Yeah but the buildings that bug me the most by far are Marlatt and Goodnow. Freakin red brick. what the hell?  :bang:

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: April 15, 2014, 08:56:49 PM »
yeah, awful as well

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: April 15, 2014, 09:01:40 PM »

When the ground level looks like a forgotten Soviet block, show pictures of the roof. I don't know a single Ku grad that's been to Manhattan that won't acknowledge kstate has a way nicer campus.

That's actually pretty funny, because outside of that one building you always see in pictures of KSU's campus, the very word I would use to describe the design aesthetic is Soviet.  I understand that some buildings have been builded in the past 5 years or so that look less utilitarian, but still...

Have you ever been to Texas aTm's campus? That would be a more accurate comparison. K-State's campus is pretty much the most beautiful place on earth.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: April 15, 2014, 09:02:05 PM »
This thread is becoming quite  :powerespect:  is there not plenty of football futility to discuss without devolving into campus smack? 

We all know KU and KSU both have nice campuses. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: April 15, 2014, 09:23:43 PM »

I like you sprac's but  :lol:

Oh shoot, totally unintentional error.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5580 on: April 15, 2014, 10:18:04 PM »
This thread is becoming quite  :powerespect:  is there not plenty of football futility to discuss without devolving into campus smack? 

We all know KU and KSU both have nice campuses.

One is a 21st leader and the other is a disease ridden horror show (but nice):

KU confirms case of tuberculosis; student doing well, expected to fully recover

Staff Reports

April 14, 2014

A Kansas University student has been diagnosed with tuberculosis, according to an email notification Monday from the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Affairs.

The diagnosed student is doing well and is expected to fully recover from the condition, the message said.

In coordination with state and county officials, KU has determined fewer than 50 individuals may have been exposed; they have been contacted and will be tested for infections.

Phil Griffin, director of the Kansas Tuberculosis Control Program, said in an email that it will take eight to 10 weeks for a tuberculosis infection to be detectable. He said a tuberculosis infection, where the germs live in your body without making you sick, is not contagious.

"Only about 10 percent of all people who have [a tuberculosis] infection will ever develop [tuberculosis] disease, which may or may not be infectious," Griffin said.

Tuberculosis disease is spread through the air from person to person. To contract it, a person must be exposed to an infected individual in an enclosed space for a prolonged period of time, according to the Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department. Tuberculosis germs are spread by coughing, speaking, laughing, singing or sneezing.

Symptoms include coughing up blood and mucus, a feeling of weakness, lost appetite, a fever and sweating.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:52 PM »
No one monitors conditions on the grounds of the KU campus like KSU fans.  I hear someone at Oliver Hall had a weird poo last night.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5582 on: April 15, 2014, 10:23:48 PM »

Funny ha ha funny? Or, funny like a clown?

Seriously though, Ku's campus is very shitty and full of buildings that look like they weren't finished (wescoe), are section 8(literally half of campus), or house the ministry of industrial waterworks (the entire south slope of that ridiculously terrible campus). If kstate didn't have a single building it would still be nicer just because of the landscaping, but the historic castle-y building are there and look amazing (even if they are too hot in winter).

Also, the flint hills >>>>>>>> westar smoke plume and Goodyear tire plant
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: April 15, 2014, 10:26:38 PM »
No one monitors conditions on the grounds of the KU campus like KSU fans.  I hear someone at Oliver Hall had a weird poo last night.

Didn't Jayhawk Towers just get a new nurse? Perhaps they could share with Oliver.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: April 15, 2014, 10:32:20 PM »

, but the historic castle-y building are there and look amazing

building - singular - exactly.

Every picture of K-State shows that one neat looking building.  We have plenty of - plural - castle-looking buildings.  Also, can I interest you in red rooves?  Also, Kelsey needs to show up to correct your subject-verb disagreement. 

BTW, Wescoe looks like a soviet-style KSU parking garage because it used to be - you guessed it - a parking garage (for Hoch Auditorium, now Budig). 

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: April 15, 2014, 10:36:08 PM »

Every picture of K-State shows that one neat looking building.  We have plenty of - plural - castle-looking buildings.  Also, can I interest you in red rooves?  Also, Kelsey needs to show up to correct your subject-verb disagreement. 

BTW, Wescoe looks like a soviet-style KSU parking garage because it used to be - you guessed it - a parking garage (for Hoch Auditorium, now Budig).
Spracne, have you ever actually been to the KSU campus?  Pretty much everything you are saying is wrong. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: April 15, 2014, 10:40:33 PM »

Spracne, have you ever actually been to the KSU campus?  Pretty much everything you are saying is wrong.

Yes, I have.  It's the worst campus ever, oh em gee.  Who designed this thing, some ???????? ?????????? ?????

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: April 15, 2014, 10:43:40 PM »
Also, Belvis is right, both have nice campuses(sp?).

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: April 15, 2014, 10:49:11 PM »
Also, Belvis is right, both have nice campuses(sp?).

Campuses is correct in modern English, campi in Latin, or campussies in male chauvinist pig Latin.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: April 15, 2014, 11:19:53 PM »

Two fan bases of non-elite schools in a dick-measuring contest.  Pathetic.

:dubious:
bears are fast...

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: April 15, 2014, 11:36:40 PM »
My sister's dorm at KU had some bat problems. This was like 5 years ago, but I mean wtf? Bat problems? WTF is this central Europe?

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: April 15, 2014, 11:37:34 PM »
My sister's dorm at KU had some bat problems. This was like 5 years ago, but I mean wtf? Bat problems? WTF is this central Europe?

Explains the Florence theme
@Trogdor_gE

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: April 16, 2014, 12:03:39 AM »

there are bats in Anderson Hall. they shut it down more than once because of bats when I worked there.
emaw

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: April 16, 2014, 02:08:49 AM »
Who designed this thing, some ???????? ?????????? ?????

:horrorsurprise:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: April 16, 2014, 07:56:32 AM »
Let's be honest here.  If KU has some mugly problems with their campus, big bro is partially responsible.  Back in the day, lil bro needed help, and Isaac Goodenow was commissioned to design the KU campus, and their sister school, Emporia Teachers College.  Granted, they took a sound design and turded it up, architecturally, but I can't help but think we should shoulder some of the blame. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5595 on: April 16, 2014, 12:57:41 PM »
If K-State's campus is so nice, why do all of the pictures outside of a couple buildings look so shitty?

Denial... it's not a river in Egypt, folks.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: April 16, 2014, 12:59:36 PM »
If Charlie Weis is so good, how come you guys suck?

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: April 16, 2014, 01:00:34 PM »
Congrats on finding the only 3 KU buildings on campus.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: April 16, 2014, 01:30:33 PM »

Denial... it's not a river in Egypt, folks.

Ive seen this somewhere before

@Trogdor_gE

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: April 16, 2014, 01:50:08 PM »
Isn't that just what dorms look like? I think we can safely eliminate dormitories from the "what makes campus beautiful" discussion and K-State wins.  This argument based on the fact that as a campus it all matches and works together.  As far as I understand it KU's campus is a hodge podge of random design.