Author Topic: The Animal, now an NCAA executive  (Read 4375 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal, now an NCAA executive
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 12:24:10 PM »
i absolutely remember the animal and all the other people talking for about fifteen minutes each back when kstate was trying to decide who to hire. it was broadcasted on local townie tv. the animal was the only one that mentioned sports and how important they were. i'm glad we didn't hire either of the other older nerdier president guys.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 12:24:49 PM »
rick daris, what was the context of the original The Animal drop? i want to re-live the magic

I'm almost 100% it's related to this photo.

I'm not sure what a picture of young Pete has to do with anything, but ok

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 02:01:30 PM »
"I feel like the Sword of Damocles is kind of hanging over us. We cannot spend three years arguing perpetually about this."
:love:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 08:09:29 PM »
We got one semi-admission: The NCAA was getting hammered in the PR war. “We’re seen as a bit dinosaurlike,” said Kirk Schulz, the president of Kansas State.

How do you fix that? I asked Schulz later.

“We need some of you all in the room when we’re having those discussions,” he said. “With some constraints — so you don’t say President X said this or President Y said that … So you’re in the room and you’re hearing the discussion and actively there and listening.

“I think if we don’t have you in the room,” Schulz continued, “that at some point there’s a lack of appreciation for the complexity of these issues and why we’re doing the things that we’re doing.”

I’ll admit, it didn’t sound quite so insulting until I listened to it again on my recorder.

http://grantland.com/features/ncaa-tournament-final-four-crack-up-uconn-kentucky/