Author Topic: So immigration...  (Read 60054 times)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Re: So immigration...
« Reply #375 on: November 21, 2014, 10:55:03 PM »
Totally made up, I thought you knew that, is it ok for politicians to selectively enforce laws or not?
(Pretend the laws i'm talking about are still important to at least 25% of the country)
it is common, yes
The question is whether it is healthy for our country or not, and if so why?
it depends.

Good talk Spracne, good talk
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 21, 2014, 10:58:12 PM »
Totally made up, I thought you knew that, is it ok for politicians to selectively enforce laws or not?
(Pretend the laws i'm talking about are still important to at least 25% of the country)
it is common, yes
The question is whether it is healthy for our country or not, and if so why?
it depends.

Good talk Spracne, good talk
In some cases it is healthy.

If you are building a house, is a screwdriver always a useful tool?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 21, 2014, 11:34:50 PM »
Some selective enforcement - prosecutorial discretion - is important and necessary. Our AsG, for example, employ broad discretion in prosecuting crimes. There aren't enough resources to go after every low level dope dealer. This amnesty, however, goes far beyond the limits of any prosecutorial discretion, and is not based on limited resources but because Obama does not like the policy of the law. That is simply wrong.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #378 on: November 22, 2014, 03:51:46 PM »
a letter Thursday night signed by 10 of the nation’s top legal and constitutional scholars, including Laurence H. Tribe of Harvard, a noted liberal, and Eric Posner of the University of Chicago, a conservative, that called the new policy “lawful” and “within the power of the executive branch.”

:eek:

:lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 22, 2014, 04:01:22 PM »
What a crap show

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 24, 2014, 07:03:16 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 24, 2014, 10:35:28 PM »
We are quickly devolving back to butt picking monkeys given the moron legal scholars who say this is lawful.  A God fearing conservative president would be skewered and fried by now.  This is lawful only because Obama knows how to make repubulicans look like neanderthal klansmen who hate everybody who is not lilly white

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 25, 2014, 09:14:23 PM »
Welp, so much for "prosecutorial discretion" - Obama admits in countering protestors "hey, I just changed the law!" What a tyrant asshat.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/25/Obama-Puzzled-By-Illegal-Hecklers-I-Just-Took-An-Action-To-Change-The-Law

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 25, 2014, 09:29:31 PM »
 :jerk:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 25, 2014, 09:31:32 PM »
:jerk:

I know right? That "Constitutional Separation of Powers" thing is so  :jerk:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:34:36 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 25, 2014, 09:33:59 PM »
Here's a fun confluence of two of Obama's biggest follies! Obamacare encourages employers to hire illegals instead of citizens because they don't have to pay a penalty for not insuring the illegals.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/25/obama-amnesty-obamacare-clash-businesses-have-3000/

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 26, 2014, 10:28:22 AM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/11/23/snl_mocks_obamas_immigration_action_with_satirical_schoolhouse_rock_bill_sketch.html

When the media won't do its job, maybe parody is the best way to speak truth to power.

This is real. I repeat, this is a real thing.
The Washington Post just "fact checked" the recent SNL sketch. :lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/11/23/snl-skit-suggests-obamas-immigration-executive-action-is-unconstitutional/?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost

Good news though, the Post confirms that the sketch basically got it right. It should be known, however, that Bills and Executive Orders generally don't have faces, sing, or dance, and are generally not six feet tall (except Obamacare).

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 15, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 15, 2014, 05:19:05 PM »
The case for open borders:

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/13/6135905/open-borders-bryan-caplan-interview-gdp-double#interview

(A very good read, @sys)

This really isn't very intelligent and nothing but the application of the most simplistic free market theory to a single good (labor). This is like a Macro 101 study on widgets, supply and demand.

If we're going to get rid of borders we might as well abolish customs, trade agreements, tariffs, all federal agencies and, while we're at it, the federal government, as there will no longer be a sovereign state to protect.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 15, 2014, 05:24:16 PM »

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/13/6135905/open-borders-bryan-caplan-interview-gdp-double#interview

(A very good read, @sys)

This really isn't very intelligent and nothing but the application of the most simplistic free market theory to a single good (labor). This is like a Macro 101 study on widgets, supply and demand.

If we're going to get rid of borders we might as well abolish customs, trade agreements, tariffs, all federal agencies and, while we're at it, the federal government, as there will no longer be a sovereign state to protect.

interesting ideas. would definitely save some cash!

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 15, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »
#oneworld y'all
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 15, 2014, 05:58:19 PM »
NWO, brotherrrr

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 15, 2014, 07:03:44 PM »

(A very good read, @sys)

interesting ideas. would definitely save some cash!

I know you think it's cute when rudimentary free market concepts are used in support of an irrational progressotard agenda, but you should know it makes you look ignorant and foolish.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 15, 2014, 08:02:33 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 17, 2014, 08:38:35 AM »
Hope and Change! http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/17/world/americas/ecuador-isaias-obama-campaign-robert-menendez-hillary-clinton.html?_r=0

Ecuador Family Wins Favors After Donations to Democrats

MIAMI — The Obama administration overturned a ban preventing a wealthy, politically connected Ecuadorean woman from entering the United States after her family gave tens of thousands of dollars to Democratic campaigns, according to finance records and government officials.

The woman, Estefanía Isaías, had been barred from coming to the United States after being caught fraudulently obtaining visas for her maids. But the ban was lifted at the request of the State Department under former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton so that Ms. Isaías could work for an Obama fund-raiser with close ties to the administration.

It was one of several favorable decisions the Obama administration made in recent years involving the Isaías family, which the government of Ecuador accuses of buying protection from Washington and living comfortably in Miami off the profits of a looted bank in Ecuador.

The family, which has been investigated by federal law enforcement agencies on suspicion of money laundering and immigration fraud, has made hundreds of thousands of dollars in contributions to American political campaigns in recent years. During that time, it has repeatedly received favorable treatment from the highest levels of the American government, including from New Jersey’s senior senator and the State Department.

The Obama administration has allowed the family’s patriarchs, Roberto and William Isaías, to remain in the United States, refusing to extradite them to Ecuador. The two brothers were sentenced in absentia in 2012 to eight years in prison, accused of running their bank into the ground and then presenting false balance sheets to profit from bailout funds. In a highly politicized case, Ecuador says the fraud cost the country $400 million.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 17, 2014, 08:49:40 PM »
read the interview.  good interview.  good idea.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 18, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »
The president of the AFL-CIO was on CNBC this morning trying to explain why the union supported amnesty. It was hilariously awkward.

At least the chamber has balls and principles, the unions shill for the dems even when the dems are rough ridin' them in the ass.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 27, 2015, 10:09:16 AM »
Catch. And Release. http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2015/01/27/mesa-qt-killing-suspect-subject-deportation-proceedings/22383351/

Not to worry though. Now that the Republicans are in charge of Congress, we'll finally get a real border security bill! Right?