Author Topic: So immigration...  (Read 60111 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: So immigration...
« Reply #250 on: November 17, 2014, 08:42:30 AM »
It's too bad the republican party is so racist against Mexicans. These immigrants would vote republican while making our economy kick ass if the republicans would just stop treating them like lesser life forms.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 17, 2014, 08:44:43 AM »
“The number of immigrants added to the labor force every year is of a magnitude not seen in this country for over a century,”. . .  “If this huge influx of mostly low-skill workers provides some benefits to the economy as a whole—especially by keeping our workforce young, in contrast to an increasingly geriatric Europe and Japan—it also threatens to depress further the wages of blue-collar Americans and put strains on an already overburdened safety net.”  Barack Obama

There's a racist Republican who's also named Barack Obama? Wow.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 17, 2014, 08:49:39 AM »
“The number of immigrants added to the labor force every year is of a magnitude not seen in this country for over a century,”. . .  “If this huge influx of mostly low-skill workers provides some benefits to the economy as a whole—especially by keeping our workforce young, in contrast to an increasingly geriatric Europe and Japan—it also threatens to depress further the wages of blue-collar Americans and put strains on an already overburdened safety net.”  Barack Obama

There's a racist Republican who's also named Barack Obama? Wow.

Obama is just protecting his unions. The republicans should be on the immigrants' side here. They would demolish the dems because their special interests align more closely with the interests of the immigrants. They just can't take that step as a party, though.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 17, 2014, 08:53:36 AM »
It's too bad the republican party is so racist against Mexicans. These immigrants would vote republican while making our economy kick ass if the republicans would just stop treating them like lesser life forms.

Sounds like a few years ago, Barack Obama was in "they took our jobs" mode, regarding those low life, work for nothing Mexicans.

Yes, opportunity lost.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 17, 2014, 09:00:36 AM »

:lol: Let's break this down...

"Buncha racist Republicans": You know who has a bunch of racist Republicans? Oregon. Yup, deep red Oregon. 66% apparently, who voted to cancel a new state law conferring DLs on illegal immigrants. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20141116/us-immigration-oregon-3fe495c4ab.html

"They would vote republican": Poor people generally vote for the party that offers them more free stuff, especially when they are immigrating in such masses so as to not effectively integrate into society.

"Legalization would be good for the economy" - they're already here, and our economy isn't exactly going gangbusters. Actually, the labor participation rate continues to drop and wages are stagnant. Hmmm... Conferring legal status on illegal immigrants won't fix these problems or help our economy - aside from perhaps a marginal increase in tax revenue - but it will ensure an even greater strain on our social comfort hammock.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #255 on: November 17, 2014, 09:33:03 AM »
Mexico now requiring visas to cross the border. They want to keep better tabs on who is in their country. Bunch a rough ridin' racists.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2014, 09:37:54 AM »

:lol: Let's break this down...

"Buncha racist Republicans": You know who has a bunch of racist Republicans? Oregon. Yup, deep red Oregon. 66% apparently, who voted to cancel a new state law conferring DLs on illegal immigrants. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20141116/us-immigration-oregon-3fe495c4ab.html

"They would vote republican": Poor people generally vote for the party that offers them more free stuff, especially when they are immigrating in such masses so as to not effectively integrate into society.

"Legalization would be good for the economy" - they're already here, and our economy isn't exactly going gangbusters. Actually, the labor participation rate continues to drop and wages are stagnant. Hmmm... Conferring legal status on illegal immigrants won't fix these problems or help our economy - aside from perhaps a marginal increase in tax revenue - but it will ensure an even greater strain on our social comfort hammock.

Poor people generally don't vote.

Our economy is best in the world.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2014, 02:37:57 PM »
Mexico now requiring visas to cross the border. They want to keep better tabs on who is in their country. Bunch a rough ridin' racists.

Dumbasses.  They need a big ass wall and a bunch of armed security guys.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2014, 02:45:35 PM »
mexico requires visas to cross which border?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 17, 2014, 03:58:59 PM »
how is this going to affect my upcoming AI?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 17, 2014, 04:00:27 PM »
how is this going to affect my upcoming AI?

If your fee to enter the country isn't included, is it really AI?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2014, 04:03:02 PM »
ASTERIX?!? :shakesfist:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2014, 04:32:53 PM »
mexico requires visas to cross which border?

All that matters is that it's racist

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2014, 06:55:56 PM »
mexico has required an entry form (basically a tourist visa) for us citizens for as long as i've been going there.  i don't know what this story is attempting to impart, but it's doing a really shitty job of it.  if the new permit (if it is new) is replacing the old one, then it is more liberal.  seven days without needing the permit instead of three.  maybe it is some new permit unique to persons only visiting baja?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »
mexico has required an entry form (basically a tourist visa) for us citizens for as long as i've been going there.  i don't know what this story is attempting to impart, but it's doing a really shitty job of it.  if the new permit (if it is new) is replacing the old one, then it is more liberal.  seven days without needing the permit instead of three.  maybe it is some new permit unique to persons only visiting baja?

The last time I went Mexico it cost 65 cents and there was no paperwork, so not sure what you're trying to impart here.  If you fly they make you fill out some hokie visa that the flight attendant collects.

This visa is $28, so that would be more.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »
Mexico is doing more while we're doing less. That's the joke.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2014, 07:11:14 PM »

well, we already do way way more than Mexico with regards to visa requirements

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 17, 2014, 07:27:54 PM »

The last time I went Mexico it cost 65 cents and there was no paperwork, so not sure what you're trying to impart here.  If you fly they make you fill out some hokie visa that the flight attendant collects.

if you didn't get a visitor's permit the last time you went to mexico, either you're extremely old and went before they were required (no idea when that was, prolly around ww2), you stayed within 20 km of the border and for less than 3 days or you broke the law and should have been thrown in jail.  the 65 cents you paid was probably a toll to cross a bridge or something.  not related to legal entry into the republic of mexico.

the hokie visa that you have to get when you fly is the same hokie visa you have to get if you enter by land or boat (if you intend to stay for longer than three days or intend to enter further than 20 km from the border.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2014, 07:34:01 PM »
googling around a little, it appears that mexico has been updating their immigration forms over the last couple years.  it looks like maybe instead of three days, you get seven days before you need to have a tourist "visa".

also, they are going to come out with a tourist visa that is valid for 10 years for relatives of mexican citizens.   :Woot:

if i had to guess the change at the otay and san ysidro crossings is that there is a pilot program to allow/require visitors to obtain the visitor's permit at the point of entry from the border entry officers instead of having to go to the migration office and do it after entering the country.  lol @ the shitty reporting by everyone who has reported on it.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 17, 2014, 08:57:52 PM »

well, we already do way way more than Mexico with regards to visa requirements

Well, we aren't enforcing what we do to some degree, and that makes this a funny joke

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 17, 2014, 08:59:58 PM »
I'm sure we do more enforcement than Mexico does.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 17, 2014, 09:01:03 PM »

if you didn't get a visitor's permit the last time you went to mexico, either you're extremely old and went before they were required (no idea when that was, prolly around ww2), you stayed within 20 km of the border and for less than 3 days or you broke the law and should have been thrown in jail.  the 65 cents you paid was probably a toll to cross a bridge or something.  not related to legal entry into the republic of mexico.

the hokie visa that you have to get when you fly is the same hokie visa you have to get if you enter by land or boat (if you intend to stay for longer than three days or intend to enter further than 20 km from the border.

The 65 cents was to cross a bridge, recently. I could have written Charlie Fuckface on the airplane visa and stayed longer than 3 days as everyone on the flight likely did. Good guesses.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 17, 2014, 09:02:35 PM »

I'm sure Charlie Weis had tougher practices than Turner Gill

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 17, 2014, 10:34:05 PM »

The only people mexico tries to keep out are Guatemalans on their way to the U.S.  They might take their jobs.