Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1028012 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 07:57:56 PM »
So I was talking to a couple Kansas agriculture based businesses today. They both mentioned that around half of their Mexican employees (here legally) didn't show up for work today and probably headed back south.

I talked to one specific one and none of that happened.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 08:03:53 PM »
dueling anecdotes!  :surprised: Better pick a side, quick!  :eek:

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 08:06:33 PM »
They were both dairies so if you guys know how to milk a cow, there's 8-12 jobs open at each of them for you and your buddies.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 08:12:58 PM »
Maybe your bud's legal mexicans are just noble Patriots?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 08:15:46 PM »
Employees don't show up for work on a paid holiday.  Must have fled the country.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 08:18:18 PM »
My anecdotal data point is a cow farm and nobody gets any holiday off because cows gotta eat on Christmas too Steve Dave you lazy little crap!

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 08:22:12 PM »
So I was talking to a couple Kansas agriculture based businesses today. They both mentioned that around half of their Mexican employees (here legally) didn't show up for work today and probably headed back south.

None of that is true

probably all true except the (here legally) part

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2016, 11:33:21 AM »
I'm seeing that Ben Carson is a candidate for secretary of education. Hopefully that doesn't happen. He doesn't believe in evolution.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2016, 02:12:27 PM »
I'm seeing that Ben Carson is a candidate for secretary of education. Hopefully that doesn't happen. He doesn't believe in evolution.

Liberals don't believe in photosynthesis and most people still seem only moderately stupid.  :dunno:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2016, 06:08:33 PM »
Supposedly the EPA guy he is tapping is part of a think tank that spends it's time dispelling climate change and he runs a separate group funded by ExxonMobil that specifically argues that oil, coal, etc have no effect on the climate whatsoever.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2016, 06:12:08 PM »
I like the sound of that!

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2016, 06:21:53 PM »
Also picked on of the main breitbart guys as chief strategist

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2016, 07:34:51 PM »

Of course you know Obama's chief strategist is Valerie Jarrett.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2016, 07:37:43 PM »

Of course you know Obama's chief strategist is Valerie Jarrett.

David Axelrod before that  :lol:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2016, 08:44:51 PM »
 :ROFL:

Can I have the bullhorn please?

I would like to address all of you rioting hippies, fifth-generation welfare leeches and assorted illegal immigrants who are currently looting, burning and carjacking your way across the college campuses and free-stuff districts of America.

First of all, can we describe these civil disturbances for what they really are? These are not “anti-Trump” riots, they are “pro-Hillary” temper tantrums.

Tuesday was the revolt of the working classes. Now we have an ongoing insurrection of the non-working classes.

All the same Occupy vermin who camped out on the Greenway to protest the corrupt patriarchy of Wall Street one-percenters are now protesting the fair-and-square defeat of the corrupt candidate who was supported by 99.99 percent of Wall Street one-percenters.

Go figure.

I beseech you snowflakes. Put down your therapy puppies and your Molotov cocktails.

President-elect Trump has asked me to personally reassure you that he has no plans to compel anyone to actually get jobs in this new post-Trumpocalaypse America.

Nobody will intrude on your safe space — the couch in front of the wide-screen TV in your mom’s Sect. 8 apartment.

Dudes, look on the bright side of what happened Tuesday — your midterms have been canceled, and weed is now legal.

They’re not bright, obviously — have you seen the photo of the protester with the sign demanding “Deport Fashiosm”?

Apparently they’ve already deported Spell Check.

But I think I’ve figured out why the Young Democrats are so distraught. They believed, and apparently continue to believe, that post-election, we were planning to do to them what they were planning to do to us.

The reality is, all us deplorables have ever asked for is to be left alone. We were voting in self-defense. Hillary Clinton was the real radical in this fight. Among other things, her platform called for doing away with the First Amendment — even George Will figured that one out.

“From Clinton’s nastiest aspiration,” he wrote Friday, “we are now safe. She promised Supreme Court justices who would reverse Citizens United, thereby eviscerating the First Amendment by empowering the political class to regulate the quantity, content and timing of campaign speech about itself. This will never happen (now).”

And yet Will still refused to vote for Trump. Talk about Trump Derangement Syndrome.

But here are some of the things President-elect Trump won’t be doing:

He won’t be suing lesbian bakers who refuse to bake cakes for Christian weddings.

He won’t be threatening to cut off federal funds to states like Massachusetts that have proudly opened women’s bathrooms to Levels 2 and 3 male sex offenders — Trump is a proponent of state’s rights, believe it or not.

He won’t use the IRS to revoke or delay the tax-exempt status of progressive nonprofits; there will be no right-wing Lois Lerners conducting PC political persecutions in a Donald Trump administration.

President-elect Trump won’t base scientific policy decisions on religious superstitions promoted by cults, the most prominent of which calls itself “climate change.”

He won’t be using executive orders and the EPA to shut down entire industries which employ mostly Democrats — the way President Obama has destroyed the Republican coal industry, based on “settled science,” which is neither settled nor science.

President-elect Trump won’t lie to you that you can keep your doctor, or your health care plan, or save $2,500 on your premiums, when in reality your premiums skyrocket 110 percent, while at the same time you can no longer afford your deductibles.

President-elect Trump won’t promote gun confiscation under the rubric of “commonsense” gun reform while simultaneously pardoning hundreds of convicted heroin-dealing gun felons.

Keep rioting, kids. Every car you set ablaze, every window you break, his poll numbers go up.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2016, 08:58:07 PM »
:ROFL:

Can I have the bullhorn please?

I would like to address all of you rioting hippies, fifth-generation welfare leeches and assorted illegal immigrants who are currently looting, burning and carjacking your way across the college campuses and free-stuff districts of America.

First of all, can we describe these civil disturbances for what they really are? These are not “anti-Trump” riots, they are “pro-Hillary” temper tantrums.

Tuesday was the revolt of the working classes. Now we have an ongoing insurrection of the non-working classes.

All the same Occupy vermin who camped out on the Greenway to protest the corrupt patriarchy of Wall Street one-percenters are now protesting the fair-and-square defeat of the corrupt candidate who was supported by 99.99 percent of Wall Street one-percenters.

Go figure.

I beseech you snowflakes. Put down your therapy puppies and your Molotov cocktails.

President-elect Trump has asked me to personally reassure you that he has no plans to compel anyone to actually get jobs in this new post-Trumpocalaypse America.

Nobody will intrude on your safe space — the couch in front of the wide-screen TV in your mom’s Sect. 8 apartment.

Dudes, look on the bright side of what happened Tuesday — your midterms have been canceled, and weed is now legal.

They’re not bright, obviously — have you seen the photo of the protester with the sign demanding “Deport Fashiosm”?

Apparently they’ve already deported Spell Check.

But I think I’ve figured out why the Young Democrats are so distraught. They believed, and apparently continue to believe, that post-election, we were planning to do to them what they were planning to do to us.

The reality is, all us deplorables have ever asked for is to be left alone. We were voting in self-defense. Hillary Clinton was the real radical in this fight. Among other things, her platform called for doing away with the First Amendment — even George Will figured that one out.

“From Clinton’s nastiest aspiration,” he wrote Friday, “we are now safe. She promised Supreme Court justices who would reverse Citizens United, thereby eviscerating the First Amendment by empowering the political class to regulate the quantity, content and timing of campaign speech about itself. This will never happen (now).”

And yet Will still refused to vote for Trump. Talk about Trump Derangement Syndrome.

But here are some of the things President-elect Trump won’t be doing:

He won’t be suing lesbian bakers who refuse to bake cakes for Christian weddings.

He won’t be threatening to cut off federal funds to states like Massachusetts that have proudly opened women’s bathrooms to Levels 2 and 3 male sex offenders — Trump is a proponent of state’s rights, believe it or not.

He won’t use the IRS to revoke or delay the tax-exempt status of progressive nonprofits; there will be no right-wing Lois Lerners conducting PC political persecutions in a Donald Trump administration.

President-elect Trump won’t base scientific policy decisions on religious superstitions promoted by cults, the most prominent of which calls itself “climate change.”

He won’t be using executive orders and the EPA to shut down entire industries which employ mostly Democrats — the way President Obama has destroyed the Republican coal industry, based on “settled science,” which is neither settled nor science.

President-elect Trump won’t lie to you that you can keep your doctor, or your health care plan, or save $2,500 on your premiums, when in reality your premiums skyrocket 110 percent, while at the same time you can no longer afford your deductibles.

President-elect Trump won’t promote gun confiscation under the rubric of “commonsense” gun reform while simultaneously pardoning hundreds of convicted heroin-dealing gun felons.

Keep rioting, kids. Every car you set ablaze, every window you break, his poll numbers go up.

Keep this sonovabitch out of the melting pit FSD. :lol:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2016, 09:58:17 PM »
Obama really loves this country
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2016, 10:57:03 PM »

I know right....too bad he couldn't keep it great.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2016, 11:35:56 PM »
Supposedly the EPA guy he is tapping is part of a think tank that spends it's time dispelling climate change and he runs a separate group funded by ExxonMobil that specifically argues that oil, coal, etc have no effect on the climate whatsoever.

Oil, coal, etc. don't have an effect on the climate - at least not to any significant degree. What fossil fuels do provide, is an abundant supply of cheap energy for poor people - undisputed - so if you oppose fossil fuels, why do you want to hurt poor people?

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2016, 11:36:53 PM »

can you prove that statement?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2016, 09:01:02 AM »
I don't think Ben Carson is the best person to dismantle the Dept of Education.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2016, 09:02:32 AM »

Oil, coal, etc. don't have an effect on the climate - at least not to any significant degree. What fossil fuels do provide, is an abundant supply of cheap energy for poor people - undisputed - so if you oppose fossil fuels, why do you want to hurt poor people?

Shut up.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2016, 09:05:03 AM »
Libs love seeing people in Energy Deficit, off loading more and more personal income to pay for power.