Author Topic: Deja-oscar; Maryland ADV  (Read 6781 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Deja-oscar; Maryland ADV
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2016, 09:08:23 PM »
Good point. Most of the 2nd half was actually pretty fun basketball to watch. Several guys making plays. They may just lock oscar into a lifetime contract.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2016, 09:08:38 PM »
People used to bitch incessantly about franks players poor free throw shooting and someone used to talk about ftr being the true measuring stick.   I can't remember who it was though.

pdave on scout actually attributed the poor free throw shooting under Frank to the "thug basketball" Frank and Huggins play

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2016, 09:25:18 PM »
Good point. Most of the 2nd half was actually pretty fun basketball to watch. Several guys making plays. They may just lock oscar into a lifetime contract.

it was exciting, i'll give them that.  knowing we were going to lose wasn't fun though.  unfortunately, i have as much confidence in this team as they have in themselves.

confidence hits those free throws that wes missed
confidence inbounds that ball correctly
players without confidence tighten up in crunch time and their head worms take over and they make dumb mistakes.  now, it's important to note that k-state players have suffered this for years with the exception of frank and huggs who toughened their teams up so much that they couldn't be mumped with physically or mentally.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2016, 09:47:05 PM »
People used to bitch incessantly about franks players poor free throw shooting and someone used to talk about ftr being the true measuring stick.   I can't remember who it was though.

Yeah no one ever excused missing a late game free throw with FTr

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2016, 10:37:42 PM »
i was very confident that kstate was going to win.  i think it's just a fan thing that you always dread the result you don't desire.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2016, 09:47:05 AM »
i was very confident that kstate was going to win.  i think it's just a fan thing that you always dread the result you don't desire.

that may be generally true. but as it relates to this team i don't think it's the case, for me anyway
some teams find ways to lose games, it's their identity.  when they do win, they do so in spite of themselves.  i look at at lot of k-state basketball teams in this light because for the longest time we have had inferior talent and those teams knew they weren't as good as their opponents

i mean, the 2015 royals could be down 2 dozen and there was no doubt in my mind we were going to win.  think about the anthony beane led cardiac cats, always won the close games

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2016, 03:26:09 PM »
Losing to Maryland can be good if it motivates players to get better.  If they had won, and likely win the rest of the nonconference games, they likely would have been brought to earth rather cruelly.  Is there any comparison to a few years ago when they had a tough early season loss and.had 10' straight wins.  Foster's first year?

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2016, 09:08:54 AM »
If we go to StL and win, I'll refrain from entering the "we suck" crowd, but if we lose I'm all in.

Just don't see how this team is any better than 6th in the conference. Disappointing.