Author Topic: Amaad Wainright arrested by us marshals  (Read 34939 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Amaad Wainright arrested by us marshals
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2018, 03:23:35 PM »
He fled the police because he didn't want to get caught. Just stop already.  :ROFL:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2018, 04:23:02 PM »
He fled the police because he didn't want to get caught. Just stop already.  :ROFL:

:rollseyes:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2018, 08:56:34 PM »
I understand the police vs BLM agenda and it's totally relevant to discuss downstairs. Truth is, Wainwright was an accessory to a potential murder attempt, he fled, and here we are discussing that because of his skin color, "that's why he fled". I know it's 2018, ppl are over the top about this crap, but that take shows the lowest IQ take of all time. A bullet entered another car from said vehicle. I would hope the cops would be aggressive about a said case without knowing the details. White trash Independence guy would be persued the same way.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:15:12 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2018, 01:17:14 AM »

I'm 42 years old with clear judgment and no record and I absolutely would not have done that. I'm sorry but there is no way he has any reason to trust the criminal justice system to do what's just. Your and sys's reactions to this is enough to know that if he didn't know that dude was going to shoot up no one was going to believe him anyway. His best bet was to just drive off. His mistake was foolishly going to Oak Park Mall, here's where me being twice his age comes into play. I would have immediately driven my black ass back to Manhattan. Everyone in the car would have been dropped off at a bus stop in KCK. If he doesn't go to the mall and keeps that car in MHK until the school year is over, he likely never gets caught.

That maybe a way not to get caught, sure, but I don't think that's the point.  He was the driver when somebody shot at another car and eluded police at 100 mph.  That's a crime and should be treated as such by both the police and K-State.  There are reasons why he might not feel safe around police, but the alternative can't be just to get away with crimes.

My point isn't about getting caught or not caught either, just pointing out how it may not be nearly as easy as diming out your buddy for putting gum a girl's hair in fourth grade.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2018, 01:20:28 AM »
To me, pretty much every judgement about this entirely hinges on whether or not Wainright knew his buddy would shoot at the car when he pulled alongside it. I'm not comfortable with assuming either of those.

To me, he became a getaway driver immediately after the shots were fired, making him complicit.

lol what would you do if you were driving the car?

I would have driven to wherever we were going and then called the cops immediately after it was safe to do so.

I'm 42 years old with clear judgment and no record and I absolutely would not have done that. I'm sorry but there is no way he has any reason to trust the criminal justice system to do what's just. Your and sys's reactions to this is enough to know that if he didn't know that dude was going to shoot up no one was going to believe him anyway. His best bet was to just drive off. His mistake was foolishly going to Oak Park Mall, here's where me being twice his age comes into play. I would have immediately driven my black ass back to Manhattan. Everyone in the car would have been dropped off at a bus stop in KCK. If he doesn't go to the mall and keeps that car in MHK until the school year is over, he likely never gets caught.

For all you would know, there could be a dead toddler in the car your friend just shot into. Are you really not going to turn him in?

If I thought I was going to lose everything for something someone else did? Hell no.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2018, 01:23:46 AM »
Sounds like according to MIR, Wainright's only real crime was being black.  :frown:

White ppl made that person shoot that gun, rage. Idiot. Not his problem. Don't let the man get you down.

The fact we're discussing race at all in this matter is rediculous.

I didn't come anywhere close to listing race as a factor, white people can absolutely be afraid and skeptical of the authorities. You need to figure out why you made race an issue because I didn't.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2018, 01:41:36 AM »
You're making a leap that the authorities, armed with more information than us, didn't make.

correct.  i am not a court of law, nor is the kstate men's bball program.

Right, I'm not sure why you're telling me that. You are the one who is holding oscar Weber and Gene Taylor to a higher standard than the Overland Park Police Department and the damn US Marshals. If you think they had knowledge that these charges were impending, and still decided to keep a 13 minute 2 points per game player around you clearly have an agenda. What's the upside in that?

If you think they had enough information to suspend him, maybe you should direct the outrage to the people who allowed a fugitive to continue to be a danger to the community. This is very clearly all about oscar for you, it's laughable to even pretend otherwise.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2018, 11:45:08 AM »
We can fire oscar, though. Good luck firing cops.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2018, 02:35:21 PM »
Right, I'm not sure why you're telling me that.

because i don't believe there was enough information provided in the article for me to conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that wainright knowingly aided and abetted the shooter.  but there was more than enough for me to conclude that it was more likely than not that he did and thus judge him as a piece of crap human and the kstate men's bball program as ethically lacking for continuing their relationship with him.

i find it incomprehensible that you and everyone else in this thread focuses on what wainright did after the shooting.  whether and how he eluded the police after the fact is about .00001x as ethically important as the question of whether he knowingly participated in the shooting.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2018, 03:24:05 PM »
I don't think we got our share of winning out of this criminal behavior, whatever it was.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2018, 03:56:55 PM »
because i don't believe there was enough information provided in the article for me to conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that wainright knowingly aided and abetted the shooter.  but there was more than enough for me to conclude that it was more likely than not that he did and thus judge him as a piece of crap human and the kstate men's bball program as ethically lacking for continuing their relationship with him.

“We are aware of Ahmad’s [sic] situation, and due to the seriousness of the charges he has been indefinitely suspended from our men’s basketball team per athletic department policy," said Kansas State Director of Athletics Gene Taylor.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2018, 04:15:10 PM »
indeed, catastrophe.  as soon as the season ended, they took a hard stand.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Amaad Wainright arrested by us marshals
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2018, 04:59:15 PM »
They took action once the US Marshals arrested him. It happened to be after the season. I doubt they knew it was going to happen and I also doubt they somehow encouraged all law enforcement agencies involved to wait until the season was over to do so. Were they supposed to sit him out after they knew he wasn't changed with anything? He sat right after it first happened, but after it looked like it was over and no charges were brought he played. It seems pretty simple to me.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:47:11 PM by kso_FAN »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 21, 2018, 05:05:38 PM »
Someone get an extra long body bag!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 21, 2018, 05:15:36 PM »
US Marshals are EMAW AF apparently

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2018, 06:03:39 PM »
Maybe they will arrest Weber and Taylor for aiding and abetting a fugitive.  For example, if Weber had not kept Wainright on the bench so much, the Overland Park police might have found him sooner. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2018, 06:07:04 PM »
Were they supposed to sit him out after they knew he wasn't changed with anything?

yes.  there wasn't any additional information about his role in the shooting that came to light when he was charged, it was just a legal proceeding.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2018, 07:03:30 PM »
You are equating speculation with information.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2018, 07:24:31 PM »
You are equating speculation with information.

no i'm not.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2018, 11:13:59 PM »
Were they supposed to sit him out after they knew he wasn't changed with anything?

yes.  there wasn't any additional information about his role in the shooting that came to light when he was charged, it was just a legal proceeding.

Yeah, none of the facts changed. K-State knew it was a distinct possibility that he'd eventually be charged for his role in this situation. Which means they knew there was a good chance that he was guilty. Nothing has changed about the likelihood of his guilt since the day this news originally broke.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2018, 09:23:07 AM »
To me, pretty much every judgement about this entirely hinges on whether or not Wainright knew his buddy would shoot at the car when he pulled alongside it. I'm not comfortable with assuming either of those.

To me, he became a getaway driver immediately after the shots were fired, making him complicit.

lol what would you do if you were driving the car?

I would have driven to wherever we were going and then called the cops immediately after it was safe to do so.

For all you would know, there could be a dead toddler in the car your friend just shot into. Are you really not going to turn him in?

If I thought I was going to lose everything for something someone else did? Hell no.

Wow dude.....
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2018, 04:43:30 PM »
If the US Marshalls were sent to get him, I'm guessing it's more likely he committed a very serious crime (eg Drug Trafficking) than he gets exonerated.

The charges have already been announced bud.

Looks like my presumption were correct, per usual
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2018, 07:31:16 PM »

Yeah, none of the facts changed. K-State knew it was a distinct possibility that he'd eventually be charged for his role in this situation. Which means they knew there was a good chance that he was guilty. Nothing has changed about the likelihood of his guilt since the day this news originally broke.

What have you read that led you to state this as fact? I haven't read anything that indicates that they knew he was being tracked by US Marshals.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2018, 07:32:40 PM »
If the US Marshalls were sent to get him, I'm guessing it's more likely he committed a very serious crime (eg Drug Trafficking) than he gets exonerated.

The charges have already been announced bud.

Looks like my presumption were correct, per usual

Wait, what? You posted that after his charges were made public and unless I missed something, he hasn't been exonerated.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 23, 2018, 12:03:37 AM »
What have you read that led you to state this as fact? I haven't read anything that indicates that they knew he was being tracked by US Marshals.

Obviously, we thought it was," Taylor said Tuesday before K-State's basketball banquet in Manhattan. "There were no charges when we first heard about it, so that's why we thought it was closed. Now he has been arrested, and department policy is that if you are arrested for a felony, you are indefinitely suspended. We found out he was arrested today, so we immediately suspended him."

"We were told that he was cooperating, and there weren't any charges at the time," Taylor said. "We went with the information that we had. Now that we have more information, obviously that he has been charged with a felony, our decision is to suspend him indefinitely.

taylor made it fairly clear that the change in his status following the end of the season was solely related to the charges, not to any new information about his actions.  if kstate released a statement when wainright announced his intention to transfer, i haven't seen it.