Author Topic: Seasonings  (Read 10364 times)

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
Re: Seasonings
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2018, 10:03:09 AM »
any Tajin love?

also, for burgs I like a tablespoon or so of dry ranch mix and a tbsp or so of Montreal steak seasoning mixed in.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2018, 10:08:25 AM »
Look guys, I don't know how else to say this so I'm just going to say it:
I have the perfect seasoning recipe. What makes it perfect? 2 things: 1) simplicity. The proportions are balanced and are common readily available ingredients 2)versatility. I'm not sure there's anything it doesnt go with. Chicken? Perfect. Salmon? Aces. Pork chops? Nails.

I'm listening...   :drool:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2018, 10:44:32 AM »
bac is talking about nacho cheese iyam

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2018, 10:47:04 AM »
any Tajin love?

also, for burgs I like a tablespoon or so of dry ranch mix and a tbsp or so of Montreal steak seasoning mixed in.
Tajin is great on ice cream

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2018, 10:47:21 AM »
I have the perfect seasoning recipe. What makes it perfect? 2 things: 1) simplicity. The proportions are balanced and are common readily available ingredients 2)versatility. I'm not sure there's anything it doesnt go with. Chicken? Perfect. Salmon? Aces. Pork chops? Nails.

Great news I just got off the phone with SB he assures me I can make this content available only to other premium members so since I don't have to worry about sharing with the non-premo dolts, here you go _33:
Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic chowder, onion chowder. Equal parts of each. (TBCHWY i usually go a little lighter on the onion and garlic powders, and will usually add a lil extra 'rika)

Bold predicto: you'll try it and be like wow, that's like, really good. This is a handy little seasoning right here. Sh- should I try it on fish? Ok wow I just tried it on fish and this seasoning absolutely bridges the fish/poultry seasoning gap. Wow.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
sorry
not a seasoning

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »
I guess when you're that deep in the pockets of big nacho cheese you'll say just about anything

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2018, 11:24:31 AM »
Like honestly at first I thought you were just being a good soldier and following orders to advance the pro-nacho cheese agenda (PNCA) but now I'm worried you might actually believe this rubbish

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2018, 11:37:15 AM »
any Tajin love?

interesting...what flavor?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2018, 12:04:29 PM »
I guess when you're that deep in the pockets of big nacho cheese you'll say just about anything

nacho cheese has paid me nothing but infinite trips to flavortown

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »
any Tajin love?

interesting...what flavor?

eps good on:

avacado
mango
peach
vanilla
chocolate
pineapple

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2018, 12:49:35 PM »

Great news I just got off the phone with SB he assures me I can make this content available only to other premium members so since I don't have to worry about sharing with the non-premo dolts, here you go _33:
Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic chowder, onion chowder. Equal parts of each. (TBCHWY i usually go a little lighter on the onion and garlic powders, and will usually add a lil extra 'rika)

Bold predicto: you'll try it and be like wow, that's like, really good. This is a handy little seasoning right here. Sh- should I try it on fish? Ok wow I just tried it on fish and this seasoning absolutely bridges the fish/poultry seasoning gap. Wow.
Sounds like this wonderful can of flavor.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2018, 01:37:03 PM »
Yes 100% the recipe I described right there. Big part of the reason I keep coming back is for spot on culinary breakdowns from the guy who describes the flavor profile of paprika as "red". Great stuff  :thumbs:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2018, 02:11:58 PM »

Sounds like this wonderful can of flavor.

love this on tater rounds

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2019, 09:56:40 AM »
It's grilling season again and you can't spell 'grilling season' without 'seasonings'.  If anyone has any new seasonings they've discovered over the winter months please post here.  And as the spring/summer continues please feel free to update this thread with seasonings you like, and what you like them on, and how/when you apply your seasonings.

One of the first things I'm going to try is Montreal Steak Seasoning on a pork tenderloin.  I love MSS and I love pork tenderloin but for some reason I've never combined the two!  Very exciting.  Check back in this thread for results!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2019, 10:15:18 AM »
I make the following every sunday for meal prep:

three packages of smart chicken thin cut chicken breasts

marinate for 12 hours in:
full fat greek yog
juice from 2 lemons (if you have pepperoncinis in a jar that juice is an even better alternative)
like 1/4 container of (available on amazon):

like 1/8 container of (available on amazon):

grill.

chop up and put on salads. make it into a wrap. eat it whole with some rice and tikka masala sauce. pull them early and finish them in a homemade butter chicken, tikka masala, or vinadaloo sauce. really anything you can imagine.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2019, 10:17:43 AM »
My mouth is watering just looking at those exotic spices sd
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2019, 10:20:36 AM »
My mouth is watering just looking at those exotic spices sd

my local ethnic foods store (AMAZON DOT COM) has many exotic herbs and spices

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2019, 10:42:56 AM »
Just went to that online seasoning store and they have a 7 lb jug of Montreal Steak Seasoning! That should get me through the week lol!  Just kidding though, in all seriousness that's actually way too much for just me and my family.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2019, 11:24:25 AM »
Just went to that online seasoning store and they have a 7 lb jug of Montreal Steak Seasoning! That should get me through the week lol!  Just kidding though, in all seriousness that's actually way too much for just me and my family.
Maybe we can get a gE timeshare going for seasonings? Or a Netflix for seasonings kind of thing?

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2019, 11:48:16 AM »
This guy I know started a business in college wherein he bought a bunch of spices and packed them in little bags and he'd sell them to people so people could have spices on the fly.  Didn't last, but hearing him talk about this is pretty great.  His tiny apartment was just covered in paprika and stuff.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2019, 12:01:54 PM »
The Uber of Netflix for spices
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2019, 12:02:15 PM »
It's grilling season again and you can't spell 'grilling season' without 'seasonings'.  If anyone has any new seasonings they've discovered over the winter months please post here.  And as the spring/summer continues please feel free to update this thread with seasonings you like, and what you like them on, and how/when you apply your seasonings.

One of the first things I'm going to try is Montreal Steak Seasoning on a pork tenderloin.  I love MSS and I love pork tenderloin but for some reason I've never combined the two!  Very exciting.  Check back in this thread for results!

Can confirm that both regular MSS and Spicy MSS are good on a pork chop so your pork tenderloin should turn out fine.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2019, 01:16:11 PM »
mss pro-tip:  costco sells 29 ounce containers

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2019, 09:41:54 PM »
mmss is definitely my most used commercial spice mix

also sason goya is the secret hack that goes into almost every savory meatbased thing