Author Topic: Quotations from last night's broadcast for the Spreadshirts  (Read 5220 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Quotations from last night's broadcast for the Spreadshirts
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 11:43:27 AM »
I was shouting about giving a foul but he calmed me down when he talked about not fouling because we had no rebounders.

me too

i mean, we could have subbed in Stockard/Sallah/Love to box out and rebound.  Then you might have them shooting free throws with 3 seconds left up 2.  i don't know, it did make me feel a little better, but they still got a rediculously good look, and if that thing went in and we lose in OT, oscar would have never heard the end of it

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 12:17:13 PM »
I was shouting about giving a foul but he calmed me down when he talked about not fouling because we had no rebounders.

me too

i mean, we could have subbed in Stockard/Sallah/Love to box out and rebound.  Then you might have them shooting free throws with 3 seconds left up 2.  i don't know, it did make me feel a little better, but they still got a rediculously good look, and if that thing went in and we lose in OT, oscar would have never heard the end of it

THIS

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 01:03:26 PM »

me too
”like a game of 21 tip out”  :love:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 01:22:44 PM »

me too

THIS
Stockard was fouled out and isn't sallah hurt or something? Like, he never even touches the floor in mop up duty. I was ok with it, because Kentucky had been getting O boards on FT's and if we would have lost on a tip back, I don't know if i'd still be breathing today. We had 5 guards in the lineup.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »
There's no way anything could go wrong with K-State trying to foul up three in a Sweet 16 game.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 01:44:01 PM »
 :lol:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 01:56:15 PM »
Chris Webber is still to this day my favorite athlete of all time. I still wear #4 in any sport I play. Last night was my 4 year olds first soccer practice, they got their jerseys and guess what number she got? That's right, #4.

For real tho he is great on the mic and it sounds like its genuine.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2018, 01:59:42 PM »
Chris Webber is still to this day my favorite athlete of all time. I still wear #4 in any sport I play. Last night was my 4 year olds first soccer practice, they got their jerseys and guess what number she got? That's right, #4.

Can you believe the Fab Five was 27 years ago?

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2018, 02:23:10 PM »
Unfortunately, yes, because I'm old you see. You have never seen someone as distraught as I was when C-Webb called that TO. My family must have thought I was a complete lunatic.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2018, 03:10:12 PM »

I loved the Fab 5, I was in high school at the time and I started wearing black socks like they did, coaches hated it. But I was never a C-Web lover, dude never seemed like he had as much fun as the other dudes, and history has proven this accurate. I was all Jalen and Juwan.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2018, 03:19:50 PM »
oscar and Chris. Webber buds.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2018, 03:20:47 PM »
Oh the black socks were a must. Also tugging down my school issued john stockton shorts as low as I could. The Charles Barkley 93 Air Max's. Webber's dunks and blocks hooked me in. Then when he went to the league he became an amazing passer, loved those Kings teams with Vlade, Peja, Bibby, etc.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2018, 03:31:02 PM »
the black air force max they wore were great

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2018, 03:38:51 PM »
My vanilla ass coaches also hated black shoes, "makes you look slow."

The Big Train

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2018, 05:30:06 PM »
:cyclist:

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2018, 07:41:28 PM »
how has Chris Webber's comment about 13:35 in the 2nd half "This is what I love; all you bitches that are left PLEASE step up your celebration game!" not been mentioned? Did no one else catch that or is it in another thread cause that was some crazy crap I just heard watching this amazing game for the first time on DVR.

Offline Harry Dunne

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2018, 07:59:09 PM »
how has Chris Webber's comment about 13:35 in the 2nd half "This is what I love; all you bitches that are left PLEASE step up your celebration game!" not been mentioned? Did no one else catch that or is it in another thread cause that was some crazy crap I just heard watching this amazing game for the first time on DVR.
I think he said “benches”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2018, 08:10:24 PM »
I think he said “benches”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rewound it half a dozen times and heard 'all you bitches'. My wife agrees. That's funnier anyway. This was a treat to watch, btw. eff Lolyola

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2018, 08:27:53 PM »
he said bitches

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2018, 08:33:45 PM »
yeah, the woman announcer came on right after for awhile, probably while Chris was getting his ass chewed out for cussing on live TV.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2018, 03:31:59 PM »

I loved the Fab 5, I was in high school at the time and I started wearing black socks like they did, coaches hated it. But I was never a C-Web lover, dude never seemed like he had as much fun as the other dudes, and history has proven this accurate. I was all Jalen and Juwan.
So my wife just pointed this out to me today when we were re-watching the end of the game so the kids could experience it.

Go back at listen to his call of freshman guard Diarra getting a timeout in a desperate, late-game situation. She sensed that the moment took Chris back to the TO that he tried to call at the end of the national championship game...

Offline Mels Fish Bowl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2018, 03:40:25 PM »
Yea, pretty sure you heard it correctly.  It is okay to say that word on TV, no FCC fine, but the context was strange.
Manhattan Tradition Since 1951