Author Topic: Hotel Hell. Your worst experience  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Hell. Your worst experience
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »
One time we stayed at a hotel right next to a Denny's when I was a kid (not KC Drury Inn). At Denny's, ole Roger decided to treat himself and order the surf 'n turf. Unfortunately the cook quit and this set off a 45 minute fiasco wherein the teenage waitress attempted to cook a surf 'n turf which was sent back at least twice. My dad ended up with a burger or something and everyone was grumpy and the car ride the next day sucked too.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 10:51:48 AM »
One time we stayed at a hotel right next to a Denny's when I was a kid (not KC Drury Inn). At Denny's, ole Roger decided to treat himself and order the surf 'n turf. Unfortunately the cook quit and this set off a 45 minute fiasco wherein the teenage waitress attempted to cook a surf 'n turf which was sent back at least twice. My dad ended up with a burger or something and everyone was grumpy and the car ride the next day sucked too.

It was a La Quinta, which when translated from the Spanish means "next to a Denny's."

I'm serious. Keep your eyes peeled. It will blow your mind.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 10:59:58 AM »

great story, your dad was awesome

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2017, 11:00:48 AM »
One time when I was a kid I had to sleep in the bathtub because my dad's snoring was so loud.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2017, 11:25:24 AM »
One time when I was a kid I had to sleep in the bathtub because my dad's snoring was so loud.

ohhhhhh yeah sames

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 05:41:53 PM »
on a cross country road trip we had to stop to sleep somewhere in iowa, but everything legit was booked up for 100 miles for some youth baseball tournament.

we finally found a place with a room and checked in and the room was completed uncleaned as the last people had left it, dirty unmade beds, trash everywhere. we went back to the desk like wtf and the lady was like, sorry that's our only room. she offered to give us clean bedding and cleaning supplies so we could clean the room and change the beds ourselves.

we were like eff that and left and found another shitty hotel where we slept in a clean made room and got carnaged by bedbugs

#iowa

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2017, 12:04:48 PM »
I lived in a hotel for 6 months straight, after that, I was there 3 weeks, home 1 week for another year.  The sheer amount of good and bad hotel stories from those days can't be told in one post.

Got done working at around 10, pounded as many brews as I could before bar closed at midnight.  Passed out, woke up at 7 to go back to work.  Groggy as hell, walk out of my room and notice the door across from me has been kicked in and the room is a disaster.  Go outside and am greeted by like 50 cops.  Apparently a bank robber had been holed up across the hall from me for a week, an army of cops came in, raised hell, kicked the door in, took him into custody, etc..  And I slept through the whole thing.  Room was rented out 2 days later.

My door didn't always shut completely.  Came "home" to a drunkard passed out in my bed once...  the door hadn't latched when I left and he just stumbled in.  I pushed him out of the bed and kicked him out of the room.  left for work in the morning and he was passed out on the staircase.

Lady friend I had met and I had fun, passed out on top of the sheets, didn't put the DND sign on door.  Got up and was looking for clothes and housekeeping walked in with me standing there like an idiot.  Didn't even try to cover up.  Don't know if she laughed, but probably.  Rookie mistake there.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2017, 12:09:46 PM »
Yeah, she was pretty gross that day.  IIRC, she claimed to be ill; no mention of hangover.

oh she was definitely ill. and also killed like 3 bottles of champagne the night before. so it was like double barf city. I legitimately can't believe they let us through security. the line was super long and she had to carry a trash can with her and barf like 5 times.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »
Yeah, she was pretty gross that day.  IIRC, she claimed to be ill; no mention of hangover.

oh she was definitely ill. and also killed like 3 bottles of champagne the night before. so it was like double barf city. I legitimately can't believe they let us through security. the line was super long and she had to carry a trash can with her and barf like 5 times.

:combofan: