Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Master Thread  (Read 216471 times)

The Big Train

Re: Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #450 on: November 20, 2017, 06:22:26 PM »
This thing is never going to stop going up ever. 

TBT - on these climbs, how long do you usually hold?  I've already made a 35% return on my original (extremely modest) BTC investment.  Once you get a nice nut, do you cut and wait for the next price dip - or is that for chumps like me who don't understand crypto?

Depends on whether my buy was a long term investment or playing off pumps and dips.  Taking a 35% return is never a bad thing.  From what you’ve said you watched and waited for a few weeks before making a buy.  If I was just starting out I would sell, you picked a good spot to buy and made a healthy profit percentage.

That said we are in a rather unique position right now for growth.  For the past 2 years the industry has been battling over how to scale BTC.  That two year culmination came to a tipping point twice in the past 4 months.  If the soft fork to implement SegWit didn’t happen then BTC wouldn’t be in a good position to scale.  The BCash hardfork split the chain but the core devs stayed with Bitcoin.

The New York Agreement stipulated that if SegWit was activated then in November the SegWit2X “upgrade” would happen.  This would double the block size and effectively double the capacity of the network, with SegWit already implemented.  It was a poorly planned “upgrade” and had some technical bugs that would have left the network unstable.  I mean the 2X devs didn’t even have the right block height that the fork was supposed to happen on.  They were off by 1. 

After SegWit was activated all these companies that said they absolutely HAD to have SegWit hadn’t even implemented it yet.  Almost 4 months after it was locked in and still most haven’t done it.  Yet they wanted this 2X upgrade.  The 2X upgrade was never about scaling the BTC network, it was an attack to try and steal the Bitcoin name.  I’ve seen charts that 90% of the 2X nodes were in AWS and within hours of the fork being called off 60% of those nodes had been taken down. 

I give all this information to get back to the fact we are in a unique position right now.  Bitcoin implemented SegWit and fought off the 2X attack and came out about the best it could possibly have.  For 2 years there have been roadblocks and uncertainty to Bitcoins future.  There aren’t any big roadblocks in the near future.  CME’s futures market is projected to launch around December 11th. 

I don’t think the price is going down significantly anytime soon.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 20, 2017, 06:40:48 PM »
I think I'm going to just start dollar cost averaging LTC every month until I hit 300 coins or it explodes in price
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 21, 2017, 08:55:51 AM »
I think I'm going to just start dollar cost averaging LTC every month until I hit 300 coins or it explodes in price
I have no finance background and i barely know anything about cryptocurrency, but I'm not sure DCA'ing makes sense in a speculation context. 

Maybe it does.  What do I know?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:54:35 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #454 on: November 23, 2017, 07:20:11 AM »
ETH is on some kind of tear.  Hit $400 this morning briefly.  LTC jumps above $75 for a bit too.  Happy Thanksgiving guys.  :emawkid:

The Big Train

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 23, 2017, 11:15:32 AM »
I wonder what kind of impact the FCC vote will have on cyrpto currency.    :ohno: 

The Big Train

« Reply #457 on: November 23, 2017, 11:26:52 AM »
@TBT when should I dump this LTC? Feel like the bottom is about to drop out

Depends when you bought. I’ve got a couple sells at $77.49 but they are some of my longer positions. I’ve been busy at work today so I haven’t had much time to look at the markets.

Getting closer :D

:kstategrad:

The Big Train

« Reply #458 on: November 23, 2017, 11:27:30 AM »
I wonder what kind of impact the FCC vote will have on cyrpto currency.    :ohno:

None.

The Big Train

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #461 on: November 24, 2017, 08:36:36 AM »

The Big Train

Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #462 on: November 24, 2017, 06:04:40 PM »
Strongly considering buying a few. Currently at ATH of $474

https://twitter.com/peterlbrandt/status/934165886440701959

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 24, 2017, 06:13:09 PM »
Remember when genius yla said he would not be surprised if it even hit $1k by end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 24, 2017, 09:28:38 PM »
did i take some profits on LTC today? fuckin a right i did.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #465 on: November 24, 2017, 09:38:38 PM »
Remember when genius yla said he would not be surprised if it even hit $1k by end of the year

Do you still have some or did you weak hand it?

The Big Train

« Reply #466 on: November 24, 2017, 09:40:40 PM »
did i take some profits on LTC today? fuckin a right i did.

I took some pretty significant profits yesterday on some longer term buys I had. It was a good day of thanks.  :D

The Big Train

« Reply #467 on: November 24, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
So guys the last time we hit this threshold, the next day we got up to ~$98. Not saying we hit that so quickly again, but if we do rapidly increase expect to cross the $100 threshold this time.

Last time was a pump because of cross chain atomic swaps. It was a little premature because we had some roadblocks upcoming. We don’t anymore, so I don’t expect that resistance to be nearly what it was last time.

The Big Train

« Reply #468 on: November 25, 2017, 07:26:30 AM »
Here we go  :driving:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 25, 2017, 02:04:20 PM »
So 9k then, gentlemen?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 25, 2017, 06:36:05 PM »
What a day.. making tons of coin and the cats rip the heart out of the clones

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #472 on: November 25, 2017, 11:01:59 PM »
So 9k then, gentlemen?

I mean why not?  :driving:

The Big Train

Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #473 on: November 25, 2017, 11:12:42 PM »
Was just going back through my early purchases and these were my first two buys of BTC and ETH when I was getting used to CoinBase.  Man what I would do to buy again at those prices :lol:

At current prices, that $20 of BTC is $477 now and the $20 of ETH is $633. I look at my balances now and really don’t even believe it.

The Big Train

« Reply #474 on: November 25, 2017, 11:26:21 PM »
Once we break $10000 for BTC and $100 for LTC idk if I can legit do the “I told you so” thing guys. Like, I don’t want to have to do that ever. But before I forked this thread to what it is today, man was I getting some shade.