Author Topic: Answers to awkward social situations  (Read 31744 times)

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Answers to awkward social situations
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2014, 11:39:35 AM »
Any advice on continuing/not continuing to have this relationship continue in 3 ways (same day care, same employer, friendship)?  I think eliminating the same daycare will resolve most of the tension spilling in to the other two.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2014, 12:14:06 PM »
Any advice on continuing/not continuing to have this relationship continue in 3 ways (same day care, same employer, friendship)?  I think eliminating the same daycare will resolve most of the tension spilling in to the other two.

Complain to the day care ask that they talk to the parents. Explain you don't want to be mentioned because you'd like to remain friends. If they can't/won't address the issue, you need a new day care.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2014, 12:15:31 PM »
Just brush off kid related invites for a while.  they will either get the pic or stop asking because you always say no and their kid will find an alternate to play with anyway.  At that point, either the relationship gets weird or it doesn't. 

If it is not their first kid, just tell them that the two kids don't get along well and they prob will understand.  If it's their first, they won't understand and it will be weird coworker/ awkward friends time.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »
If you change daycare to salvage a relationship you should either be:
a. really good friends with them
 or
b. not overly happy with your current daycare and have a better one you already wouldn't mind being in.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2014, 12:17:30 PM »
Just brush off kid related invites for a while.  they will either get the pic or stop asking because you always say no and their kid will find an alternate to play with anyway.  At that point, either the relationship gets weird or it doesn't. 

If it is not their first kid, just tell them that the two kids don't get along well and they prob will understand.  If it's their first, they won't understand and it will be weird coworker/ awkward friends time.

I wonder, does no one watch the kids interact they get together? I mean a two year old probably shouldn't be around another two year old and a five year old unsupervised.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2014, 12:20:34 PM »

Call SRS.  Pretty sure you can do it anonymously from what I remember about gE trying to resolve nicname's juggalo problem.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2014, 12:31:58 PM »

I wonder, does no one watch the kids interact they get together? I mean a two year old probably shouldn't be around another two year old and a five year old unsupervised.

Did I mention the daycare was super cheap?  That should probably be mentioned.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2014, 12:36:01 PM »

Probably also answers Mich's question about someone watching two 2 y/o's.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2014, 12:38:41 PM »
Yeah. Also, is it just your kk's kid and their kids at the "day care"?

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2014, 12:40:41 PM »

It is an in-home day care with one grandma and like 7 kids.  She is very nice, the older kids (5, 6) mostly help with the younger kids and things work out really well most of the time.  It is also extremely affordable.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »
ok, option 3 is teach your son to box.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2014, 12:42:58 PM »

It is an in-home day care with one grandma and like 7 kids.  She is very nice, the older kids (5, 6) mostly help with the younger kids and things work out really well most of the time.  It is also extremely affordable.
KatKid, do not lie to your brother/sister (in-law?) that you work with. Let them know what their kids are doing to your kids at your Mother's (in-law?) house during the day. Sweeping this under the rug is not going to end well for the family relationships.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2014, 12:43:36 PM »
Option #4: get the other kid kicked out of daycare.

Maybe plant some coke on the other ppl's kid in an obvious manner.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »
Yes, lying creates new potential awkward situations.
Not if done well.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2014, 01:40:01 PM »
ok, option 3 is teach your son to box.
remember body blows only - landing face shots will only get him in trouble

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2014, 01:45:50 PM »

in home daycare is pretty ghetto.  Ditch this and spring for the good stuff.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2014, 01:54:59 PM »
I would think finding a cheap nanny in MHK would be super easy

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2014, 02:07:49 PM »

in home daycare is pretty ghetto.  Ditch this and spring for the good stuff.

But cheap.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2014, 04:41:15 PM »
Giving your wife's friend a ride (without your wife present) because she just had a boob job and can't drive herself. How should then conversation go?

Obviously depends on the friend, I guess.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2014, 04:50:09 PM »
Giving your wife's friend a ride (without your wife present) because she just had a boob job and can't drive herself. How should then conversation go?

real anecdote!? did your wife ask you or did she ask your without going through your wife

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2014, 04:54:36 PM »
You are eating lunch with someone and they laugh and a little piece of food goes out of their mouth onto your arm.
How big of a piece and what kind of food?

Very small piece, like an ant.  I think maybe part of a crouton.
Wait for five seconds, then brush off with napkin. Never break eye-contact.

:|
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2014, 04:56:23 PM »

I have to assume you are like 4th or 5th down the list of ppl asked, right?  (Mom, Dad, her husband, your wife, etc)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2014, 04:56:55 PM »
what if someone doesnt break eye contact with you for five seconds or more?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2014, 04:58:06 PM »
just pretend it's any other routine surgery?  i wouldn't talk to some dude at work about his tonsils and adenoids if i had to give him a ride home

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2014, 05:00:39 PM »

real anecdote!? did your wife ask you or did she ask your without going through your wife

What happened is she texted my wife asking for a ride to school to pick up her kids (same school as our kids). Wife couldn't go so she offered me up instead. Friend said she needed fresh air and exercise instead, probably to avoid an awkward situation. Problem solved!