Author Topic: sick days  (Read 16320 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: sick days
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »
The only fake sick days i've ever taken, was after a Sunday Funday, and that was totally irresponsible. I've used sick days to help my grandma tho.
You're telling me no one here has ever called in on a Monday after attending a Chiefs game?

Pretty bush league to not answer the bell because you can't hold your sauce.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2014, 10:52:39 AM »
Give me a reason to not want to take advantage

how about integrity and honesty?  :dunno:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2014, 10:53:31 AM »
The only fake sick days i've ever taken, was after a Sunday Funday, and that was totally irresponsible. I've used sick days to help my grandma tho.
You're telling me no one here has ever called in on a Monday after attending a Chiefs game?

This.  I've shown up to work hungover/still drunk so many times it's ridiculous. Doesn't count when it's self-inflicted.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2014, 10:54:04 AM »
I took my first sick day ever two Fridays ago. Boss mode fever and endless coughing/runny nose.

I mean I could have gone to work and soldiered through it, but I didn't want to get my whole department sick.

The fever contagious rule of thumb is a good one.

Thanks unruly   :thumbs:

What kind of Louisiana swamp fever did you catch?

Finally managed to sneak out of the South. Caught some "holy crap I am finally spending time in cold weather for the first time in three years" Boston bronchitis. Ain't nobody got time for that.
:dance:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2014, 10:54:35 AM »
If companies would compensate you on not taking sick days, I'd be all about it. Why do ppl with kids get to take off a billion days without judgement. Give me a reason to not want to take advantage of my benefits.  :dunno: I think that's fair.

some do.  you should find one that does.  last place i worked paid out 1/3 unused sick leave upon terminating employment and didn't have a cap on accrual

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2014, 10:55:07 AM »
If companies would compensate you on not taking sick days, I'd be all about it. Why do ppl with kids get to take off a billion days without judgement. Give me a reason to not want to take advantage of my benefits.  :dunno: I think that's fair.

Because they might notice that you aren't taking advantage of the days set aside for legitimate serious illness and see that you are kind of a hard worker and give you raises and promotions? 

Because guess what, some day after some years of dragging into work when you really don't want to, you will get promoted enough that no one can ever say a word if you take a day to party.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2014, 10:55:31 AM »

That's fair. I don't want to be judged at work tho. I work with a bunch of lame ppl.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
i have 44 sick days available...used 3 this year.  I think most were legit.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2014, 10:57:09 AM »

cleaning up the streets is pretty important. glad weve got people like ofc. daris out there.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2014, 10:57:46 AM »

That's fair. I don't want to be judged at work tho. I work with a bunch of lame ppl.

omg :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »

Because they might notice that you aren't taking advantage of the days set aside for legitimate serious illness and see that you are kind of a hard worker and give you raises and promotions? 

Because guess what, some day after some years of dragging into work when you really don't want to, you will get promoted enough that no one can ever say a word if you take a day to party.
That's fair. I haven't taken a sick day in a long time. I'm just playing devils advocate. I'm hoping with my new ways, this is true.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2014, 10:58:16 AM »
if you don't go to work because you got too drunk the day before you should be judged

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »

I think I previously worked for a lot of companies that I disliked, so those really didn't matter to me.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2014, 11:00:05 AM »
I think it depends on what you do, the policy of whoever you work for, etc. Some jobs you can kind of plan around taking a sick day and it won't hurt your productivity or how your boss views you. If so, go ahead.

It seems to me its like most things in life, if there are negative consequences for taking one, you probably should be very careful. If not, do what you want.

:dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2014, 11:00:22 AM »

Shower, shave, brush teeth well.  You can smooth over the rough edges.  Taking the Monday off after a home chiefs game is obvious as hell.  OBVIOUS.  Better to shake it off, come in and gut it out.  Deny you even went.  If they say you don't look so good, tell them it is pollen.

Skipping days of work because you drank too much the day before is a bad look

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2014, 11:00:34 AM »
unless you are at a job where you actually make a difference or do something meaningful does it really matter if you aren't there one day?
why's everyone always worried about others? now if its a deadline and someone fucks you over thats obviously pretty shitty and unacceptable

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2014, 11:02:18 AM »
I think it depends on what you do, the policy of whoever you work for, etc. Some jobs you can kind of plan around taking a sick day and it won't hurt your productivity or how your boss views you. If so, go ahead.

It seems to me its like most things in life, if there are negative consequences for taking one, you probably should be very careful. If not, do what you want.

When my assistant takes a day it hurts what I do.  We tell everyone that before they are hired.  She has taken 2 days and her backup is buried so I am just in a holding pattern.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2014, 11:03:02 AM »

Shower, shave, brush teeth well.  You can smooth over the rough edges.  Taking the Monday off after a home chiefs game is obvious as hell.  OBVIOUS.  Better to shake it off, come in and gut it out.  Deny you even went.  If they say you don't look so good, tell them it is pollen.

:thumbs:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2014, 11:03:44 AM »

yes, agreed 100%. ain't no fence

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »

When my office went to biz casual the most boss way to get out in front of a hangover was to suit up.  Throw on that Brooks bros, splash on your good cologne and go with a waspy part in your hair.

No one questioned

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2014, 11:07:36 AM »
cocaine up and go to work, pussies.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2014, 11:08:18 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2014, 11:11:41 AM »

When my office went to biz casual the most boss way to get out in front of a hangover was to suit up.  Throw on that Brooks bros, splash on your good cologne and go with a waspy part in your hair.

No one questioned
:love: Will try. Just got a slamming new suit last week.  :D

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2014, 11:13:28 AM »
not sure if the suit thing will work at your work, wacky.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2014, 11:14:51 AM »

No one questioned
:love: Will try. Just got a slamming new suit last week.  :D

I wear a suit 3 or so times a week anyway so it wasn't an anomaly.  Don't show up in a suit the first time ever when you are hungover.  Especially if you are only one in office wearing one