Author Topic: sick days  (Read 16321 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
sick days
« on: January 14, 2014, 09:04:58 AM »
people who actually take them because they are sick. like, "hey i can't come in this morning, i'm sick. sorry". i mean give me a break. get up and go into work you dork. are you magically going to fell better just because you stayed in your own house?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: sick days
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 09:07:23 AM »
I'm rarely sick enough to call in sick.  Maybe one day a year.  Sick days are for going fishing.  We don't have a limit here, it's like a "don't abuse it" kinda policy. 

Online OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 09:08:11 AM »
some days you just wake up and know that you're staying home.   :Woot:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:09:07 AM »
people who actually take them because they are sick. like, "hey i can't come in this morning, i'm sick. sorry". i mean give me a break. get up and go into work you dork. are you magically going to fell better just because you stayed in your own house?

I thought I was feeling better until I got up.  Sorry, but I should stay home another day.

Actual quote in an email from my assistant today.  She took off yesterday also

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:09:40 AM »
Fever = me staying at home.  Otherwise, work.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 09:09:58 AM »
I was at work the other day and the guy across from me threw up.  He took a "Half" sick day.  I think that's ok. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 09:11:58 AM »
sick days are for people who are so sick you don't want them around. you know what I don't want? someone coming into the office with the flu and giving it to me.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 09:16:15 AM »
sick days are for people who are so sick you don't want them around. you know what I don't want? someone coming into the office with the flu and giving it to me.

I would agree.  If you go to a doctor and he diagnoses you with influenza, go home for the day.  If you self diagnose because you don't want to get up and take a shower, GTFO

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »
Fever check, if you're running a fever, you're still contagious and should stay home.  Its a good rule of thumb.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »

sick employee: hey rick daris, i've got a 102 and i'm vomiting every 12 minutes. should i come in today or no?

daris: *emails sick employee a photo of a stack of unfinished TPS reports*

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 09:29:50 AM »
HMMM.... I think we got some hypocrites in this thread.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 09:33:14 AM »
How many people are actually vomiting and have 102 fever?  this hasnt happened to me in a decade, at least.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 09:34:24 AM »

sick employee: hey rick daris, i've got a 102 and i'm vomiting every 12 minutes. should i come in today or no?

looks like i'm employing a nine year old then. shame on me there, because no adult ever really gets sick like that. that's like a once every 10 year kind of sick for an adult.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »
How many people are actually vomiting and have 102 fever?  this hasnt happened to me in a decade, at least.

oh man. great minds, etc

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »
So daris and LSOC are saying they've never taken a bullshit sick day in their life?  :eek: :sdeek:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 09:37:58 AM »
I've got 9 and a half weeks' worth of sick days built up. I only use the time for dentist appointments.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »
So daris and LSOC are saying they've never taken a bullshit sick day in their life?  :eek: :sdeek:

i bet a number of people on here haven't

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 09:40:19 AM »

That's kinda weird to me, but maybe i'm a "horrible employee". I don't do it a lot, but like, that's your time, man. Especially if you get shitty assistant pay like LSOC's assistant, you better be using your benefits to make up for it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 09:42:25 AM »

That's kinda weird to me, but maybe i'm a "horrible employee". I don't do it a lot, but like, that's your time, man. Especially if you get shitty assistant pay like LSOC's assistant, you better be using your benefits to make up for it.

Sick days aren't really meant to be time off. They are just there so that if you are too sick to go to work, you can still get a full paycheck and your company has some basis of firing you if you like to take extra time off that you haven't earned.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 09:43:19 AM »

looks like i'm employing a nine year old then. shame on me there, because no adult ever really gets sick like that. that's like a once every 10 year kind of sick for an adult.

well that is true i guess. at my office people with kids are always using their sick days for their stupid sick kids.
i don't have kids so i use my sick days however i please

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 09:45:14 AM »
I took my first sick day ever two Fridays ago. Boss mode fever and endless coughing/runny nose.

I mean I could have gone to work and soldiered through it, but I didn't want to get my whole department sick.

The fever contagious rule of thumb is a good one.
:dance:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 09:49:18 AM »
Ppl that go to work with fevers and stuff are selfish ppl.  Pisses me off having them around me when I am not sick.  Stay home so you don't ruin my next few days by giving it to me.  If one day kills your career or your office, you are doing it wrong.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 09:50:26 AM »
if i'm coughing a bunch of crap up and making people around me feel uncomfortable, i just pack up and work from home.  i don't think i've ever felt bad enough as an adult to actually use sick leave to stay home and nurse an illness, but i wouldn't feel about it if legitimate.  if i stayed home because i got too drunk the night before, superbowl, etc then i'd feel like a piece of crap

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 09:51:53 AM »
I interact more with people over video conference than in person.  So like if I'm sick I'm still expected to get on the calls if they are relevant and important.  :frown:

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 09:53:03 AM »
Never been sick enough to take one off.  Assistant type lady by me has already taken 2 this year. She never hasn't taken every single vacation and sick day available to her each year. Even stretches beyond that some. People talk about it all the time. Leaves us hanging.