Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 323419 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #3050 on: September 04, 2017, 09:34:08 PM »
were your knees in line with your feet, or did they stick out a little bit? or something like this?

https://blog.voltathletics.com/home/2014/11/20/rg3-and-valgus-knees

The Big Train

« Reply #3051 on: September 04, 2017, 09:53:56 PM »
were your knees in line with your feet, or did they stick out a little bit? or something like this?

https://blog.voltathletics.com/home/2014/11/20/rg3-and-valgus-knees

You want my SSN too?  I already have yours.  I was just trying to be helpful with your question.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: September 04, 2017, 10:02:21 PM »
? you were very helpful

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: September 05, 2017, 11:58:55 AM »
that sounds awful. probably 100 times worse than my knees. what do you think caused it, and what were the surgeries for exactly?

Ehh it is what it is.  I have knee cap alignment problems, so basically it's like a car tire being out of alignment and riding more on one side than the other.  Over time it just wears down the cartilage and they pop and can't take much abuse.

Right knee had chunks of cartilage knocked off(1) from basketball and torn patella tendon(3) for each surgery.  Left knee was a preventative surgery(2) that realigned my knee cap to hopefully prevent what occurred in my right.  Then knocked cartilage off in my left again and that ended my playing days(4).

Apparently TBT and I have the exact same knees. Had the exact same problems. Just had my 4th surgery in April.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

The Big Train

« Reply #3054 on: September 05, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »
that sounds awful. probably 100 times worse than my knees. what do you think caused it, and what were the surgeries for exactly?

Ehh it is what it is.  I have knee cap alignment problems, so basically it's like a car tire being out of alignment and riding more on one side than the other.  Over time it just wears down the cartilage and they pop and can't take much abuse.

Right knee had chunks of cartilage knocked off(1) from basketball and torn patella tendon(3) for each surgery.  Left knee was a preventative surgery(2) that realigned my knee cap to hopefully prevent what occurred in my right.  Then knocked cartilage off in my left again and that ended my playing days(4).

Apparently TBT and I have the exact same knees. Had the exact same problems. Just had my 4th surgery in April.

It sucks ass and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: September 05, 2017, 02:45:57 PM »
I was feeling kinda old because my knees hurt but this thread makes me feel not so old.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: September 06, 2017, 08:22:42 AM »
I was feeling kinda old because my knees hurt but this thread makes me feel not so old.

I'm getting a hip replaced at the end of October.  That should make you feel like a youngster.
@mikec2w

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: October 22, 2017, 02:27:00 PM »
Starting my 12 week training regiment today. Got my bodybuilding.com app. Let's do this!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: October 22, 2017, 02:48:03 PM »
im on week two of the jim stoppani workout SDK.  Prepare your anus.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3059 on: October 22, 2017, 03:42:58 PM »
Vacation detox. Holy crap. Getting back on the low carb wagon is always a treat.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: October 22, 2017, 03:54:12 PM »
im on week two of the jim stoppani workout SDK.  Prepare your anus.
I'm doing my second attempt at Kris Gethin. I only made it 4 weeks a year ago. I'm planning to get through it all this time.

I'm 5'11" 178 at the moment. I'm hoping to get to 190+ and a more muscle less fat. Lfg!

The Big Train

« Reply #3061 on: October 24, 2017, 08:01:25 PM »
Could probably go in the signs of getting old thread but I won’t allow that. I probably have between 60k-80k baseball throws during my lifetime. I have zero issues with my right elbow.  My left elbow on the other hand hurts way more from years of lifting and favoring it I think.

I probably have some damaged cartilage or something because every once in a while I will hyperextend it.  I did it again tonight and my rough ridin' god it hurt.  What exercises have you guys used or done in rehab to help hurt elbows?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: October 24, 2017, 08:22:27 PM »
Could probably go in the signs of getting old thread but I won’t allow that. I probably have between 60k-80k baseball throws during my lifetime. I have zero issues with my right elbow.  My left elbow on the other hand hurts way more from years of lifting and favoring it I think.

I probably have some damaged cartilage or something because every once in a while I will hyperextend it.  I did it again tonight and my rough ridin' god it hurt.  What exercises have you guys used or done in rehab to help hurt elbows?

Take it to the surgery thread.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #3063 on: October 24, 2017, 08:35:19 PM »

Take it to the surgery thread.

:frown:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: October 29, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »
Well that didn't work out like I had planned. Hired a personal trainer. Start with her on Wednesday.

[you], I hope you're having a great day!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: November 04, 2017, 04:08:52 PM »
Tomorrow will make it 4 days in 7 days of working out. Two solo. Two with the trainer. Started out weighing 176 and at 181 right now. The goal is 205. Being 5'11" and 205 has also sounded sexy to me. Can't wait to do it.

The Big Train

« Reply #3066 on: November 10, 2017, 07:28:41 PM »
Had my second "get back in lifting shape" workout today at the rec.  I definitely still got it but there are many more before I know for sure that I still got it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: November 13, 2017, 11:18:28 AM »
Well that didn't work out like I had planned. Hired a personal trainer. Start with her on Wednesday.

Not sure how that day was, but this year has been pretty great!  Thanks SDK.  Good luck with the gains!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: November 13, 2017, 12:03:47 PM »
:sdeek:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: November 13, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »

Not sure how that day was, but this year has been pretty great!  Thanks SDK.  Good luck with the gains!

@mikec2w

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: November 14, 2017, 09:15:09 AM »

You have a great one too man. Best of luck on your journey to become hunky AF
@Trogdor_gE

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: November 14, 2017, 09:35:28 AM »
I took a pilates class for the first time ever on Saturday morning and here it is Tuesday and I still got the sketti legs.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: November 14, 2017, 09:47:12 AM »
I took a pilates class for the first time ever on Saturday morning and here it is Tuesday and I still got the sketti legs.

Lots of water and good stretching. Don't let the gain pains overtake you
@Trogdor_gE

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: November 14, 2017, 09:59:34 AM »

Lots of water and good stretching. Don't let the gain pains overtake you

Oh I'll definitely go back just as soon as my legs can support my own body weight again! Will need to do a wardrobe update as well... While both options are terrifying, tights/whatever the shorts version of tights is, is definitely the lesser evil compared to normal shorts that just slide up to my hips

The Big Train

« Reply #3074 on: November 14, 2017, 11:24:44 AM »
Finished workout #3 yesterday and not even sore today and I already see results.  :cool: