Author Topic: Korean Peace Process  (Read 56093 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Korean Peace Process
« Reply #425 on: June 12, 2018, 09:01:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/mikehfuchs/status/1006518879034757120
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/07/28/north-korea-united-states-relations/87659264/
Published 12:00 p.m. ET July 28, 2016
PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea’s top diplomat for U.S. affairs told The Associated Press on Thursday that Washington “crossed the red line” and effectively declared war by putting leader Kim Jong Un on its list of sanctioned individuals, and said a vicious showdown could erupt if the U.S. and South Korea hold annual war games as planned next month.
:dunno:
DPRK has always been shouting rhetoric at the US and "declaring war."  The difference over the last year or so is that they were actually (or at least on their way to becoming) a viable nuclear threat. 

It's hard for me to imagine someone else (e.g. Obama or Clinton) changing policy types in the last year or so.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 12, 2018, 09:05:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/mikehfuchs/status/1006518879034757120
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/07/28/north-korea-united-states-relations/87659264/
Published 12:00 p.m. ET July 28, 2016
PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea’s top diplomat for U.S. affairs told The Associated Press on Thursday that Washington “crossed the red line” and effectively declared war by putting leader Kim Jong Un on its list of sanctioned individuals, and said a vicious showdown could erupt if the U.S. and South Korea hold annual war games as planned next month.
:dunno:
DPRK has always been shouting rhetoric at the US and "declaring war."  The difference over the last year or so is that they were actually (or at least on their way to becoming) a viable nuclear threat. 

It's hard for me to imagine someone else (e.g. Obama or Clinton) changing policy types in the last year or so.
Maybe you're right and they wouldn't have changed policy type after Kim made actual legitimate nuclear threats and had the capability of carrying out those threats, but it comforts me to believe that anyone elected president would consider changing the policy under those circumstances.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 12, 2018, 09:06:55 PM »
it comforts me to believe that anyone elected president would consider changing the policy under those circumstances.

Independent of their true motives? Just curious.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 12, 2018, 09:15:26 PM »
I mean the thread got super serious but can we talk about ‘The Beast’?! Holy crap that whole thing is amaze balls.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 12, 2018, 09:17:26 PM »
I mean the thread got super serious but can we talk about ‘The Beast’?! Holy crap that whole thing is amaze balls.
It's weird you'd let any non friendly within spitting distance of it

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 12, 2018, 09:17:47 PM »
it comforts me to believe that anyone elected president would consider changing the policy under those circumstances.

Independent of their true motives? Just curious.
I don't know what you mean.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 12, 2018, 10:08:08 PM »
poor canada.  at least now they know they need to aim some nukes at us if they want to be friends.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 12, 2018, 10:11:42 PM »
I am kind of concerned that the MSNBC line that Trump is "weak on dictators" will just mean that all the usual neo-con/nat sec crap heads will just find a new permanent home in the Democratic party in perpetuity.

born on pax americana and thinks he hit a triple.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #433 on: June 12, 2018, 10:34:30 PM »
It typically takes the libtard 24-48 hours to get it's talking points in a row as to way a great american succes isn't good at all, so I'm impressed by their ability to get this one dobe in about 18 hours. I especially like the reliance on NK state run propoganda to support their insane talking points, that was a fab touch.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 12, 2018, 10:37:21 PM »
i'm sorry, but we've NEVER been "close to the brink of nuclear war" with NK. what a laughable idea.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 12, 2018, 10:39:41 PM »
i'm sorry, but we've NEVER been "close to the brink of nuclear war" with NK. what a laughable idea.

That was the libtard rhetoric like 6 months ago. Nobody said it was true (except the libtard)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 12, 2018, 10:51:33 PM »
No?  My memory of the January news cycle must be fading...

Nope, it appears to be pretty spot on:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2018/01/25/doomsday-clock-ticks-closer-midnight/1064911001/
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/joe-biden-believes-u-s-is-closer-than-ever-to-nuclear-war
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-us-pressure-north-korea-20180116-story.html
https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/31/politics/north-korea-trump-mullen-graham/index.html

Regardless, if we weren't at the brink of nuclear war (despite NK ostensibly having the means to send a nuclear bomb to the US) then what do we care if north korea has nukes in the first place?  How much closer should we have gotten before we pumped the breaks and began a dialogue that legitimizes North Korea? 

The bottom line is that the old way (isolate DPRK because they weren't a legitimate nuclear threat) was untenable after DPRK developed nuclear capabilities, imo.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:59:10 PM by Dlew12 »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 13, 2018, 07:13:07 AM »
It typically takes the libtard 24-48 hours to get it's talking points in a row as to way a great american succes isn't good at all, so I'm impressed by their ability to get this one dobe in about 18 hours. I especially like the reliance on NK state run propoganda to support their insane talking points, that was a fab touch.
That was Trump's video.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 13, 2018, 08:47:42 AM »
I mean, maybe people think Trump is actually doing something here because they just don't understand that everything he's ever done in his life is based on fraud.  :dunno:

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1006892351262941186

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 13, 2018, 08:54:10 AM »
 :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 13, 2018, 08:59:17 AM »
we truly live in the golden age of grifting (not specific to Trump)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 13, 2018, 09:08:24 AM »
According to North Korea media, Trump agreed to lift sanctions. I honestly don't know if they are lying or not.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 13, 2018, 09:14:11 AM »
According to North Korea media, Trump agreed to lift sanctions. I honestly don't know if they are lying or not.
Why wouldn't that be true?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 13, 2018, 09:25:18 AM »
I mean, maybe people think Trump is actually doing something here because they just don't understand that everything he's ever done in his life is based on fraud.  :dunno:

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1006892351262941186

yup, saletan has it exactly right.  i'd quibble with your characterization, though, chum1.  trump is achieving exactly what hopes.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 13, 2018, 09:27:49 AM »
Anyone using 2016 reference point relative to the NK in the last 6 months is a straight out idiot.

What Frum should be discussing is how the era of non engagement/appeasement which spanned decades prior to Trump yielded a ICBM capable NK and on the road to a deliverable ICBM warhead capable NK. 

The LibBot take is  :lol:  in the context that we and our allies quite literally placed our collective military's on alert because NK missiles were flying in their general direction.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 13, 2018, 09:30:21 AM »
Why wouldn't that be true?

if you don't assume that trump is lying at almost all times, you might think it wouldn't be true since trump said we aren't.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 13, 2018, 09:33:02 AM »
One day it's "NK troops will be marching straight into Seoul", the next day it's "it's a Trump Con Job" from LibBot Nation.

Yes, these are indeed fantastic times.

The most fantastic thing about this, is the restraint.   They way in which NK conducted their test launches could easily have been considered an act of war.    LibBots simply only want one thing, whatever is Anti-Trump.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 13, 2018, 09:39:13 AM »
They're anject hatred towards Trump, and really all pubs or anyone with a different pov, is becoming quite disgusting. They live in an ever dwindling echo chamber.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 13, 2018, 09:44:20 AM »
One day it's "NK troops will be marching straight into Seoul", the next day it's "it's a Trump Con Job" from LibBot Nation.

The most fantastic thing about this, is the restraint.   They way in which NK conducted their test launches could easily have been considered an act of war.    LibBots simply only want one thing, whatever is Anti-Trump.
Given Trump says both sides of every single topic not sure that's possible...but boogeymen aren't going to fight themselves.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 13, 2018, 09:47:31 AM »

Given Trump says both sides of every single topic not sure that's possible...but boogeymen aren't going to fight themselves.

I was simply paraphrasing the rantings of LibBot nation.

Again, the refusal of LibBot nation to recognize the abject failure of the previous 8 years prior to Trump to deal with the NK nuclear situation is deafening in tone, and massive in scope.   But in the context of the giant F-  that was Obama's foreign policy, not surprising.