Author Topic: Question For Politcally Obsessed People  (Read 2250 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Question For Politcally Obsessed People
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2022, 06:31:43 PM »
low information voters (independents)

lol
They tend to be!  But also look at the education tabs.

Independent : bipartisan. potato : potato

kat kid is correct in that assertion.  many people are independent because they aren't very interested in politics and it shouldn't be a surprise that people that aren't interested in a subject don't tend to make the effort to stay well-informed on that subject.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2022, 06:31:45 PM »
I agree with mich cat. I am definitely guilty of adopting the pit armor and venom when posting too often and there is a place for some of that, but if you look at my posts and many others they are not just dunk attempts. I spent a lot of the Bush era typing out very long posts about torture and people would shrug and say “who care” but that was as much about me learning and working through stuff as trying to appeal to some of the people that posted there. If they took the time and read it that was enough for me even if they disagreed. And for the most part I think even Dax has some really important things that he brings up. I think his bit is a little tired and wished sometimes he would just say what he thinks but I take the good with the bad.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2022, 06:40:45 PM »
How lazy do you have to be to think that staging a coup is something that both sides do?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2022, 06:44:07 PM »
Do you understand that you are a gigantic hypocrite and just not care, or are you blind to the fact?

Are you okay today? Honestly.

Yeah I’m fine. I might be lashing out because of my frustration with the housing market. Sorry everyone.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2022, 06:56:35 PM »

lol

kat kid is correct in that assertion.  many people are independent because they aren't very interested in politics and it shouldn't be a surprise that people that aren't interested in a subject don't tend to make the effort to stay well-informed on that subject.

I consider myself an independent, but I try my best to stay informed about political and civic matters. I view the two political parties as religions, and I don't like the idea that I have to accept--whole cloth--the entirety of a side's platform. That said, Trump(ism) has definitely caused me to vote for more dems than I used to.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2022, 07:04:37 PM »

lol

I consider myself an independent, but I try my best to stay informed about political and civic matters. I view the two political parties as religions, and I don't like the idea that I have to accept--whole cloth--the entirety of a side's platform. That said, Trump(ism) has definitely caused me to vote for more dems than I used to.
Yep. And any republican that thinks a second term for trump is a good idea I would meet at the ernie Barrett statue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2022, 07:08:34 PM »
i (mostly) consider myself an independent as well.  it's not that all independents are less-informed, but that a larger subset of independents are.

of course, it's more complex than that very simple model that kat kid and i outlined (for example, better educated individuals tend to be more ideological, presumably because they are more aware and/or less tolerant of inconsistencies among their political opinions), but that explanation is sufficient to explain a good chunk of it
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2022, 07:17:28 PM »
Also why politics and career politicians are so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2022, 07:27:43 PM »
i don't see a benefit to worry about political stuff in my life. but i'm glad that there's people who do.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2022, 07:36:47 PM »
It’s a shame that Americans allowed ourselves to be polarized.  I am definitely less patriotic than when I was young, and generally not overly concerned about the continuation of the human species. It’s a big universe….it will be fine.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2022, 09:29:04 PM »
i don't see a benefit to worry about political stuff in my life. but i'm glad that there's people who do.
We’d probably be so much better off if we all actually payed attention to our local races and tried to ignore party divisions at the national level. People get burnt out on politics because the (national) stuff we all read about makes it feel so hopeless.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2022, 10:41:46 PM »
local races are definitely far more impactful

I also think that we should strive to be more civil in our discourse. (something I personally need to work on)

That being said I often disagree with a point in the moment of discussion but often reflect on the position. While I don't always necessarily agree or adopt the viewpoint I can accept the logic behind it and better understand where someone is coming from.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2022, 01:29:00 AM »
I'm definitely not an independent, not even close. I'd love to not be an extremist but our country is the only one in the democratic western world to politicize both civil/human rights and healthcare. So here we are. I will literally die fighting for universal health care and equal rights for all Americans, and frankly that's sad as eff.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2022, 06:18:47 AM »

I'm definitely not an independent, not even close. I'd love to not be an extremist but our country is the only one in the democratic western world to politicize both civil/human rights and healthcare. So here we are. I will literally die fighting for universal health care and equal rights for all Americans, and frankly that's sad as eff.

Yeah I can see "both sides" of a lot of issues but it's difficult with those two.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2022, 08:26:33 AM »
these are the primary issues that make me a "liberal" in this country

which is very sad

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2022, 09:05:41 AM »
Yeah, but I don’t want to pay for their basic human rights with my hard earned money!
:adios: