Author Topic: Letter to the editor  (Read 5510 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Letter to the editor
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 08:09:48 AM »
high sixfigga salary

:lol: Nice.

Yeah, doctors bitching about medicaid is even worse than when Metallica was bitching about Napster back in the day.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 08:33:10 AM »
I'm confused...is this guy in favor of, or opposed to requiring people to buy insurance

Opposed to requiring other people to buy insurance for people who are too f*cking stupid and lazy to get their own

SugeD... I appreciate you interpreting Dr. Jones sentiment for us all. If you'll humor me I have some thoughts and questions I'd like to submit to Dr. Jones...

In this country, we believe that people (even stupid and/or lazy ones) are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights. Among these rights is life. Unfortunately, due to the extreme and ballooning cost of basic healthcare and Baylor University, we have a very poor system in place to help pay for this basic healthcare. It's come to be know as health insurance.

Does Dr. Jones hate her fellow Americans so much that she is suggesting we, in essence, play god and deny these poor, stupid, lazy, etc... people their natural rights?

What amount of money does she think it takes to makes one smart or non-lazy enough to "qualify" for these unalienable rights?

Which does Dr. Jone's hate more: Laziness, poverty, and stupidity, or our founding fathers and The Declaration of Independance?

Pro-lifers :rolleyes:

How does this square with the right to property?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:05:53 AM by Sugar Dick »

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »
they actually probably took public transit, (another government luxury)

Public transit to the emergency room?  :facepalm:

I'm guessing it was an ambulance

So ambulances are private now?

Well, they're not exactly public.

They're more public than any bus. You can't get on a bus with out the ability to pay. The ambulance will pick you up regardless of your ability to pay. It just has several different routes to the same destination.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 02:16:13 PM »
they actually probably took public transit, (another government luxury)

Public transit to the emergency room?  :facepalm:

I'm guessing it was an ambulance

So ambulances are private now?

Well, they're not exactly public.

They're more public than any bus. You can't get on a bus with out the ability to pay. The ambulance will pick you up regardless of your ability to pay. It just has several different routes to the same destination.

The point is MichiCat is a dumbsh!t because he thinks the lady took public transportation (of which any sane person would agree does not include ambulances) to the emergency room.

I think everyone knows there are both private and public ambulance services, neither of which one would characterize as a form of public transportation.  But if you dumb enough to believe it were (i.e. 06 and MichiCat), which it clearly isn't, it would certainly be considered a luxurious form of public transportation given the cost and ability to run red lights and drive over the speed limit... 

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 02:25:13 PM »
The point is MichiCat is a dumbsh!t because he thinks the lady took public transportation (of which any sane person would agree does not include ambulances) to the emergency room.

:nono: watch the strawmen, sugardick.  :nono:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »
I am still caught up on the R&B ringtone.  Who do you think it was?  R Kelly? Tone Tone Tone?  Shai?  I know if I could afford R&B ringtones I would, but I can only manage to scrape up enough money to buy good old fashioned country ringtones for my cellular phone.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »
I am still caught up on the R&B ringtone.  Who do you think it was?  R Kelly? Tone Tone Tone?  Shai?  I know if I could afford R&B ringtones I would, but I can only manage to scrape up enough money to buy good old fashioned country ringtones for my cellular phone.

and don't get me started on my bargain tattoos.

But srsly, what R&B would Doc Jones recognize?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »
I am still caught up on the R&B ringtone.  Who do you think it was?  R Kelly? Tone Tone Tone?  Shai?  I know if I could afford R&B ringtones I would, but I can only manage to scrape up enough money to buy good old fashioned country ringtones for my cellular phone.

Considering the letter was written last August, (which leads to another WTF of why Jeffy shared it yesterday), I would guess it was either Drake's "Best I ever Had" or BEP's "I Gotta Feeling":

http://www.billboard.com/charts/r-b-hip-hop-songs?tag=chscr1#/charts/hot-100?chartDate=2009-08-11

Since Drake wasn't that mainstream at the time, I'm leading toward "I Gotta Feeling".

Sugar Dick

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 03:56:59 PM »

I'm about 99% sure I'm the only one on this board who knows what a strawman argument is.   :facepalm:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 04:10:45 PM »

I'm about 99% sure I'm the only one on this board who knows what a strawman argument is.   :facepalm:

I'm 100% sure you're not.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 04:16:33 PM »
I am still caught up on the R&B ringtone.  Who do you think it was?  R Kelly? Tone Tone Tone?  Shai?  I know if I could afford R&B ringtones I would, but I can only manage to scrape up enough money to buy good old fashioned country ringtones for my cellular phone.

Considering the letter was written last August, (which leads to another WTF of why Jeffy shared it yesterday), I would guess it was either Drake's "Best I ever Had" or BEP's "I Gotta Feeling":

http://www.billboard.com/charts/r-b-hip-hop-songs?tag=chscr1#/charts/hot-100?chartDate=2009-08-11

Since Drake wasn't that mainstream at the time, I'm leading toward "I Gotta Feeling".

the dr just said it was her favorite though. didn't say anything about it being current. i'm going to go with father mc's "treat em like they want to be treated".

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 04:43:16 PM »

the dr just said it was her favorite though. didn't say anything about it being current. i'm going to go with father mc's "treat em like they want to be treated".

I'm gonna go with BTNH "First of the Month".
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2010, 05:12:09 PM »

I'm gonna go with BTNH "First of the Month".

Wake up wake wake up its the first of the month

get up get up getup cash your checks and get up

Offline EMAWnster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 07:48:11 PM »
I'm confused...is this guy in favor of, or opposed to requiring people to buy insurance

Opposed to requiring other people to buy insurance for people who are too f*cking stupid and lazy to get their own

SugeD... I appreciate you interpreting Dr. Jones sentiment for us all. If you'll humor me I have some thoughts and questions I'd like to submit to Dr. Jones...

In this country, we believe that people (even stupid and/or lazy ones) are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights. Among these rights is life. Unfortunately, due to the extreme and ballooning cost of basic healthcare and Baylor University, we have a very poor system in place to help pay for this basic healthcare. It's come to be know as health insurance.

Does Dr. Jones hate her fellow Americans so much that she is suggesting we, in essence, play god and deny these poor, stupid, lazy, etc... people their natural rights?

What amount of money does she think it takes to makes one smart or non-lazy enough to "qualify" for these unalienable rights?

Which does Dr. Jone's hate more: Laziness, poverty, and stupidity, or our founding fathers and The Declaration of Independance?

I'm the one asking the questions here!

Did Dr. Jones just tap out?

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 09:11:24 PM »
I've seen this letter posted a few times on facebook now. It's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that all these people are 'omg!' over some doctor's baseless anecdote.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 09:46:26 PM »
Please keep your crazy made up right-wing chain emails to yourself.  TIA :thumbsup:

Sugar Dick

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 08:58:26 AM »

I'm the one asking the questions here!

Did Dr. Jones just tap out?

You've got to be joking.  :facepalm: