Author Topic: Burning the Muslim Bible  (Read 4570 times)

Sugar Dick

Burning the Muslim Bible
« on: September 09, 2010, 01:58:52 PM »
Surprised there hasn't been anything on the "Politics" board regarding the church in the south that plans to burn some Qurans. 

Personally I'm gonna have to go with the liberals on this one and am a little disappointed with our president urging them to stop.

1.  They aren't doing anything illegal, I'm sure they've pulled the required permits or are doing it on private property, and have a right to do what they want.  Really its nothing more than a big campfire, lets not blow this out of proportion.

B.  Forcing them to stop would be an infringement of their first amendment right to practice freedom of speech and religion and any infringement upon this could lead to lost liberties for all of us.  It's a very slippery slope.  The president is being borderline fascist speaking out against this, what is this Venezuela?

iii. Muslims worldwide should understand that these are just books, paper and ink, and that nothing of importance is being destroyed.

The Muslims should also understand that these are just a group of extremists and their behavior doesn't reflect real American values or beliefs.  Therefore we shouldn't expect any retaliation on their part

What do you guys think?  Would liberal jesus agree?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Burning the Muslim Bible
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 02:08:27 PM »
I don't see a problem with this. :dunno:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 02:20:05 PM »
Think they already nixed the plan.  City wouldn't give them a burn permit or something.  Amazing how easily something can be disallowed without anybody saying a word.  Meanwhile, the Phelps cult is still allowed to desicrate and burn the flag.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 02:21:05 PM »
Think they already nixed the plan.  City wouldn't give them a burn permit or something.  Amazing how easily something can be disallowed without anybody saying a word.  Meanwhile, the Phelps cult is still allowed to desicrate and burn the flag.

They should sue the city.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »

They should sue the city.

They probably will.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 03:06:12 PM »
Surprised there hasn't been anything on the "Politics" board regarding the church in the south that plans to burn some Qurans.  

Personally I'm gonna have to go with the liberals on this one and am a little disappointed with our president urging them to stop.

1.  They aren't doing anything illegal, I'm sure they've pulled the required permits or are doing it on private property, and have a right to do what they want.  Really its nothing more than a big campfire, lets not blow this out of proportion.

B.  Forcing them to stop would be an infringement of their first amendment right to practice freedom of speech and religion and any infringement upon this could lead to lost liberties for all of us.  It's a very slippery slope.  The president is being borderline fascist speaking out against this, what is this Venezuela?

iii. Muslims worldwide should understand that these are just books, paper and ink, and that nothing of importance is being destroyed.

-   The Muslims should also understand that these are just a group of extremists and their behavior doesn't reflect real American values or beliefs.  Therefore we shouldn't expect any retaliation on their part

What do you guys think?  Would liberal jesus agree?

With you all the way. Unless there's a gang of Muslims present when the Quran is burned. That could fall under inciting a riot/imminent harm, which is not protected. I don't agree with burning the Koran or any book, but they do have a right to exercise their rights to do so if they choose.

Thing is, there's nothing I can do about my disagreement so I don't worry about it too much, just call them morons and move on.

And, yes, Obama's coming down on the opposite side of this than he was on for the Cordoba center.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:09:39 PM by 06wildcat »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 03:50:19 PM »
absolutely should be able to do it.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »
Racists. Even Glenn Beck is against it.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 04:55:09 PM »
reuters is reporting that it's been called off.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 05:04:51 PM »
Radio just said it's been called off by the pastor because the ground zero mosque leaders have decided not to build on that site after all.  No confirmation was available, however.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 05:34:19 PM »
Radio just said it's been called off by the pastor because the ground zero mosque leaders have decided not to build on that site after all.  No confirmation was available, however.

Now everybody is happy.  Hallelujah!

I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed in all the bigotry on this board.  :nono:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 05:54:51 PM »
They should do be allowed to do it.  No further comment necessary.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 06:16:52 PM »

Other than to explain what "should do be allowed to do it" means, never mind I'll start a new thread.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 06:28:39 PM »

Other than to explain what "should do be allowed to do it" means, never mind I'll start a new thread.

you titled the thread.   :rolleyes:

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 06:51:54 PM »

you titled the thread.   :rolleyes:

:overyourhead:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 07:23:16 PM »

They will never voluntarily move the site. This is sacred ground to the Jihadists.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 08:54:41 PM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »
Therefore we shouldn't expect any retaliation on their part

this part is incorrect. people in general are fantastically irrational. and those fuckers love the crap out of violence.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 09:33:21 PM »
Pretty sure that our illustrious leaders here on this board wouldn't allow it.  If the whole locking of the Cattmatt thread is any indication we pretty much know where they'd fall on the issue..  :dunno:  Not saying it's right or wrong just saying BSAC would be scared shitless if jt did that at a pak'r..
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Sugar Dick

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 11:59:33 PM »
Finally some sanity to this whole issue

Topeka church says it will burn Qur’an
Topeka’s Westboro Baptist Church announced tonight that it plans to burn the Qur’an and an American flag on Sept. 11, though the exact time and location haven’t been determined, a church spokeswoman said.

The burning would occur the same day that a Florida pastor had threatened to burn Qur’ans, which drew condemnation from President Obama, religious leaders and others.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, who announced Westboro Baptist’s plan, said they don’t think that pastor, Terry Jones, will carry out the burning.

Westboro Baptist Church has received international condemnation for its protests at the funerals of gay people and U.S. servicemembers. Church members burned a Qur’an two years ago in Washington, D.C.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/09/2211078/topeka-church-says-it-will-burn.html#ixzz0z6Eqks00

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »
They never had any intentions of doing it, it was all for publicity.   :jerk:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 10:33:48 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 10:47:32 AM »
Thanks to jeffy and john doug for confirming that crazy people exist.  Great work!

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 10:53:34 AM »
Thanks to jeffy and john doug for confirming that crazy people exist.  Great work!

They hate Bush, too.