Author Topic: Happy "Summer of Recovery" to all EMAWS!!!  (Read 4180 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Happy "Summer of Recovery" to all EMAWS!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »
Well, with summer winding down and autumn upon us, I reflect back on my very special Summer of Recovery with a faint smile. But, now some lame National Bureau of Economic Research says the recession was over in June of 2009, making LAST summer the real Summer of Recovery! I don't know what to think!

How can last summer be the Summer of Recovery when the Super Stimulus money had barely started to trickle out. Could the Super Stimulus  have been a total waste of a trillion dollars!? I mean, we have had no jobs created, still at 9.6%, banks are not loaning money to Average Joe, businesses are sitting on trillions of dollars waiting for some good news on taxes and health care repeal. I am completely disillusioned.  :frown:

Sen. Ben Nelson (D-NE) wants to an extension of high-income tax cuts to be paid for with unspent stimulus funds...  Thoughts?

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/09/nelson-pay-for-high-income-tax-cuts-with-stimulus-money.php

Sounds Republican :dunno:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 09:24:28 AM »
Well, with summer winding down and autumn upon us, I reflect back on my very special Summer of Recovery with a faint smile. But, now some lame National Bureau of Economic Research says the recession was over in June of 2009, making LAST summer the real Summer of Recovery! I don't know what to think!

How can last summer be the Summer of Recovery when the Super Stimulus money had barely started to trickle out. Could the Super Stimulus  have been a total waste of a trillion dollars!? I mean, we have had no jobs created, still at 9.6%, banks are not loaning money to Average Joe, businesses are sitting on trillions of dollars waiting for some good news on taxes and health care repeal. I am completely disillusioned.  :frown:

Sen. Ben Nelson (D-NE) wants to an extension of high-income tax cuts to be paid for with unspent stimulus funds...  Thoughts?

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/09/nelson-pay-for-high-income-tax-cuts-with-stimulus-money.php

All democrats sound republican during election season.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 12:02:15 PM »

All democrats sound republican during election season.

Exactly.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »

Iknowrite!! I mean, if all those unemployed people had known it was officially over LAST summer, that would have totally changed their outlook on things.  As I see it they got robbed of enjoying the real Summer of Recovery.  Next time I see an unemployed person, I'll tell them they should be happy because it ended over a year ago!    :pbj: