Author Topic: Posted without comment  (Read 5106 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Posted without comment
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 01:52:30 PM »
Granted, it is over-the-top, but it can certainly be debated. Only half of working age Americans pay income taxes, and those of us that do pay taxes, on average, work more than 4 months out of the year just to pay for those taxes. It seems like slavery.

I work about 3 months out of the year just to pay my rent. Maybe I should call my landlord "massa" next time I see him. Never mind the fact that I need a place to stay, just like you need the government to provide a defense, infrastructure, law enforcement, etc.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 07:11:50 PM »
Granted, it is over-the-top, but it can certainly be debated. Only half of working age Americans pay income taxes, and those of us that do pay taxes, on average, work more than 4 months out of the year just to pay for those taxes. It seems like slavery.

I work about 3 months out of the year just to pay my rent. Maybe I should call my landlord "massa" next time I see him. Never mind the fact that I need a place to stay, just like you need the government to provide a defense, infrastructure, law enforcement, etc.

You're a f*cking Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  You pay rent so you have a place to keep YOUR crap and to keep YOUR head dry.  People complain about taxes because the money they give the government goes so SOMEONE ELSE can lay flat on their back and bitch about people who are "greedy" and won't share more of their money so they can have a standard of life better than 90% of the world for doing absolutely nothing.

Note to all other morons like this guy:

The rhetoric surrounding taxes and being a slave to the government is waaaayyy older than this country and part of the reason for its foundation 200+ years ago.  Anyone that's shocked by his statement, is beyond ignorant, and frankly needs to find a Thomas the Tank Engine board to post on.

Just because you have been preconditioned to act outraged at anything with any implication of race, and can't get beyond the image of a black man in bondage picking cotton out of a field when you hear the word slave, doesn't make the statement outrageous.  All it means is that you're a close minded liberal trained to act like an ass, no better than a close minded conservative trained to act the same, and slightly dumber than a dog that knows when the bell rings its time to eat.

:chainsaw:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 07:15:11 PM »
why do you let deadbeats bother you? if you were raised in a similar environment, you would also be a deadbeat.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 07:51:42 PM »

You're a f*cking Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  You pay rent so you have a place to keep YOUR crap and to keep YOUR head dry.  People complain about taxes because the money they give the government goes so SOMEONE ELSE can lay flat on their back and bitch about people who are "greedy" and won't share more of their money so they can have a standard of life better than 90% of the world for doing absolutely nothing.

The rhetoric surrounding taxes and being a slave to the government is waaaayyy older than this country and part of the reason for its foundation 200+ years ago.  Anyone that's shocked by his statement, is beyond ignorant, and frankly needs to find a Thomas the Tank Engine board to post on.

Just because you have been preconditioned to act outraged at anything with any implication of race, and can't get beyond the image of a black man in bondage picking cotton out of a field when you hear the word slave, doesn't make the statement outrageous.  All it means is that you're a close minded liberal trained to act like an ass, no better than a close minded conservative trained to act the same, and slightly dumber than a dog that knows when the bell rings its time to eat.

I didn't realize that 100% of your taxes went to deadbeats. I suppose you stay off the interstate system and don't see the need to support a military, FBI, EPA, FEMA, etc. If you are only concerned about all your money going to deadbeats, the average taxpayer will have to work about 2.5 days per year to support welfare.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 08:15:09 PM »
He's a nut job because he thinks he's a slave to people who receive government benefits. I don't agree with all of the benefits that our government provides to people who don't work and keep having kids, but to say that deadbeats are our slave masters is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard a politician say, and that's really saying something.

There were ancient societies who viewed tax rates below the bottom bracket of federal-only income tax (leaving aside for the moment federal payroll taxes, all state & local taxes, indirect federal taxes, imposed regulatory costs & the like) as slavery.  He's not speaking without precedent.

:users:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:17:08 PM by AzCat »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 08:17:23 PM »
He's a nut job because he thinks he's a slave to people who receive government benefits. I don't agree with all of the benefits that our government provides to people who don't work and keep having kids, but to say that deadbeats are our slave masters is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard a politician say, and that's really saying something.

There are ancient societies who viewed tax rates below the bottom bracket of federal-only income tax (leaving aside for the moment federal payroll taxes, all state & local taxes, indirect federal taxes, imposed regulatory costs & the like) as slavery.  He's not speaking without precedent.

What societies were these? Were the people who were considered as slaves allowed to work in any field they want, move to whatever city they want, own property, and leave the country?

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 08:22:14 PM »

There are ancient societies who viewed tax rates below the bottom bracket of federal-only income tax (leaving aside for the moment federal payroll taxes, all state & local taxes, indirect federal taxes, imposed regulatory costs & the like) as slavery.  He's not speaking without precedent.

What societies were these? Were the people who were considered as slaves allowed to work in any field they want, move to whatever city they want, own property, and leave the country?

Learning to differentiate your ass from a hole in the ground is left as an exercise for the reader.   :users:

Sugar Dick

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 08:27:02 PM »

I didn't realize that 100% of your taxes went to deadbeats. I suppose you stay off the interstate system and don't see the need to support a military, FBI, EPA, FEMA, etc. If you are only concerned about all your money going to deadbeats, the average taxpayer will have to work about 2.5 days per year to support welfare.

Around 3/5 of federal income taxes go towards entitlement programs.  Your attempt at being clever is an enormous failure.  

BTW, I'm not complaining about taxes I'm trying to explain what other people are complaining about.  I understand that some level of taxes are necessary.  Then again, you're a f*cking idiot, so I shouldn't expect you to be able to read and comprehend, that would be like rubbing your tummy and patting your head at the same time.   :blank:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 08:42:51 PM »

Around 3/5 of federal income taxes go towards entitlement programs.  Your attempt at being clever is an enormous failure.  

BTW, I'm not complaining about taxes I'm trying to explain what other people are complaining about.  I understand that some level of taxes are necessary.  Then again, you're a f*cking idiot, so I shouldn't expect you to be able to read and comprehend, that would be like rubbing your tummy and patting your head at the same time.   :blank:

Yes, but only 2% of the federal budget goes to welfare. The rest of those entitlement programs are for retired Americans who happened to spend a lifetime paying into them. It hardly seems fair to eliminate social security and medicare at this point.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 09:34:49 PM »
They're essentially left with nothing but to try and obfuscate all the issues surrounding they're evolving list of f_ckups by trying to perpetually point the very fringe elements of their detractors. 

They know the heat is on rolling into November so expect this to increase 1000 fold.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 09:49:42 PM »

Yes, but only 2% of the federal budget goes to welfare. The rest of those entitlement programs are for retired Americans who happened to spend a lifetime paying into them. It hardly seems fair to eliminate social security and medicare at this point.

The deadbeats comment and the part about being a slave to the government were two different talking points. 

Nonetheless, 2% of $3+ Trillion is a substantial figure that a lot of people work hard to pay in to.  Social Security and Medicare include disability fraud and medicaid so you can't leave that out.  There are also a million government programs that go towards social programs meant to aid "unfortunate" people like HUD  that have been entirely unsuccessful and help no one, yet there's been no mention of repeal.  People don't like the Federal Government because they have absolutely no accountability for the failures and excesses of their programs.  Instead of dropping a program, they create a new one to fix the problem the previous one is creating.  Think of a hole in a water tower, any sane person would patch it, the federal government builds a water tower underneath it to capture the escaping water.

The point is (if we can stay on one) talking about being a slave to your government is not outrageous, unless you're from another planet.  That saying has been around long before this country was ever even contemplated.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 11:18:38 PM »

The deadbeats comment and the part about being a slave to the government were two different talking points. 

Nonetheless, 2% of $3+ Trillion is a substantial figure that a lot of people work hard to pay in to.  Social Security and Medicare include disability fraud and medicaid so you can't leave that out.  There are also a million government programs that go towards social programs meant to aid "unfortunate" people like HUD  that have been entirely unsuccessful and help no one, yet there's been no mention of repeal.  People don't like the Federal Government because they have absolutely no accountability for the failures and excesses of their programs.  Instead of dropping a program, they create a new one to fix the problem the previous one is creating.  Think of a hole in a water tower, any sane person would patch it, the federal government builds a water tower underneath it to capture the escaping water.

The point is (if we can stay on one) talking about being a slave to your government is not outrageous, unless you're from another planet.  That saying has been around long before this country was ever even contemplated.

Look, I usually vote republican and don't like entitlement programs any more than you do. But they're called entitlement programs for a reason. Once you have them, they're pretty much impossible to get rid of. The key is to not keep creating new entitlement programs (like health care).

Back on topic, the politician in the commercial tried to say he's a slave in the literal sense, not the figurative sense that you mentioned. That video makes him look completely crazy, and for you guys to defend it does absolutely nothing for the image of the republican party. There is no way in hell I would ever vote for him.