Author Topic: Time for Obama to Step Down  (Read 2068 times)

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Time for Obama to Step Down
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:08:58 PM »
BP had been begging the Obama Administration for help on the leaking & unsafe Deepwater Horizon for months before the explosion.  As Obama is by far the largest recipient of BP political contributions he clearly swept their problems under the rug for them.  Time for him to do the honorable thing. 

:flush:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Time for Obama to Step Down
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:24:26 PM »
I wish the gov would dig in and be more involved in solving the problems of our private businesses.

I really wish the gov would stay the hell out of our business and let the market do it's job.

Pfft.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:04:23 AM »
I wish the gov would dig in and be more involved in solving the problems of our private businesses.

I really wish the gov would stay the hell out of our business and let the market do it's job.

Pfft.

No contradiction at all in recognizing that it's time for Obama to resign.  Try again.   :users:

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 08:45:30 AM »
we should all support the president in time of war

god bless america, love it or leave it

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:48:09 AM »
The continued obfuscation by the Obamabots is absolutely amazing.   There is absolutely no doubt that had this situation occurred under a Republican administration they would literally be rioting in the streets of Washington DC, Spike Lee would be firing up yet another documentary . . . and Hollywood would have a telethon, and the various environmental organizations would be running hour long infomercials.  

Now all they do is fly air cover, and continually try to toss their Strawman "arguments" into the fray.   When it comes to government intervention discussion, it was targeted at Government involvement in market driven business cycles, things like "to big to fail".    It was targeted at legislation and government policy that either forced economically dangerous loose restrictions i.e. Frannie/Freddie HUD, and/or overly restrictive government oversight which prevented things like business start ups and proper business growth and expansion.   It has NOTHING to do proper oversight of industrial operations from a safety perspective.   Again, for like the 10,000th time, the oil rig was operating in FEDERALLY CONTROLLED WATERS . . . it was U.S. governments fiduciary responsibility to ensure safe operation, proper procedure and to be a significant force that is highly engaged in dealing with a disaster of this size.   Any dumbass with a 5th grade education knows that with a stroke of a pen Barry could federalize this entire operation and place the U.S. Gov't in full control of getting the leaked stopped.    But Barry won't do that because he's afraid he might look bad, and of course to advance his agenda (more on that later).

What do we know now.  Well we know that Barry Obama was the biggest recipient of BP Political Action Money in the last 20 years.    We know the Whitehouse COS lived rent free for 5 years in a home owned by a major BP lobbyist.   We have Ken Salazar is on record talking about how BP was going to "save the world".   We know that BP is a major proponent of Cap and Trade.   This is why I laugh at the Obamatards.   They viewed Cap and Trade and all the green initiatives as way to stick it to big oil.   Well, I've got news for you dumbasses, the big oil/energy companies have set themselves up to stuff their coffers both coming and going.   Why do think so many of them are pushing for Carbon Taxes and Cap and Trade??    We know that all the promises by Barry and Salazar to clean up the mineral office was all a bunch of lip service, they gave everyone a stern talking to, fired a couple of people and then completely ignored the situation after that . . . essentially invoking no real reform whatsoever.   Salazar then put the largest expanses of Federally controlled waters ever up for bid for offshore drilling.  

Barry gives a "major" speech from the Oval office, his first (looked like a complete idiot while doing it) . . . in which the American people are all waiting for him to show a strong hand in getting this disaster fixed.  Instead it's more about his own policy initiatives.   In fact, it was so transparent, so lame that even the biggest Barry loving zealots in media were absolutely floored.  

At this juncture you can only look at that inaction of Obama's government as being purposely criminally negligent in order to advance a political agenda.  

Next up . . . Them Terraists Might get Nukes and Al Queda attacked us on 9-11 therefore we're justified in our propagation and expansion of perpetual war (sounds familiar).

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 12:37:04 PM »

There is absolutely no doubt that had this situation occurred under a Republican administration they would literally be rioting in the streets of Washington DC, Spike Lee would be firing up yet another documentary . . . and Hollywood would have a telethon, and the various environmental organizations would be running hour long infomercials.  

I'm surprised at the number of people that deny the above. I know its kind of futile to argue 'what if' scenarios, but if a republican (who is probably a white male) were in charge it would be okay for the butthurt to flow free. I just imagine the current blame being appropriated if Bush were still in charge. BP would be in his shadow, not out and in front.

Obama still has that totally blank slate, empty suit thing going for him even now. There is still 'hope' from some that he'll unleash his true far left ideals and go full on hardcore progressive. He'll hug trees and level the playing field by finally crushing personal responsibility once and for all to ensure that we all end up with about the same amount of money no matter how hard we tried.

I fully expected hollywood to piss itself and hide. I also expected comedians to be unable to make fun of Obama without inserting numerous Republican or Palin jokes in for audience assurance which is still the case.... but I must admit that I thought the environmentalists would at least speak up.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 01:33:23 PM »
I just imagine the current blame being appropriated if Bush were still in charge.

Hell Obama & Co. have taken a few stabs at blaming Bush as it is.  E.g., "Bush appointees were running the MMS / regulation of the Deepwater Horizon!"  Except ... it's not true.   :lol:

Sugar Dick

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »
Obama is clearly in way over his head.  That's not really debatable.  He seems sophomoric, naive, and out of touch with regard to every issue on his plate.  What exactly does this guy do well other than orate?  He seems to lack any ability to distinguish rhetoric from reality.

The problem is, if he were to actually step down (too much of a narcissist, so that won't happen) we'd be stuck with Joe Biden running the country.  Think about that! 

This is going to end up just like when Bush was elected for his second term and liberals were stunned that there were "so many imbeciles" in the U.S.  :blah:.  What they failed to realize was they ran John friggin' Kerry as the alternative to Bush  :facepalm:.  The repubs can point and laugh at Obama all day, but if they don't put a candidate that's worth a damn in 2012, Obama will get a second term.  :two cents:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 11:56:42 PM »
Bush appointees were running the MMS

This is my favorite argument. What are they, supreme court justices? I'm pretty sure the president could have replaced them if he wanted to.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 01:12:07 AM »
Bush appointees were running the MMS

This is my favorite argument. What are they, supreme court justices? I'm pretty sure the president could have replaced them if he wanted to.

The crazy thing is the Obama Administration made this claim but it wasn't true.  There was like one Bush I appointee hanging out on the frines somewhere but W was responsible for no one there. 

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 12:09:46 AM »
So, on day 70, we get news that the super skimmer from Taiwan is on it's way. This ship can gather 500,000 gallons of oil per day, nearly as much as has been gathered in the previous 70 days combined!

We still haven't waived the Jones act yet, and need the EPA to inspect the ship because they are worried that the water put back into the gulf could contain traces of oil.

Things are really speeding along during this emergency. Solid job.  :garr: