Author Topic: That guy that was Trump’s campaign manager for two months  (Read 13857 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: That guy that was Trump’s campaign manager for two months
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2018, 09:39:54 AM »
So for purposes of our publication, is the talking point:
1.) that's not a crime!
2.) Trump hardly knew that dude, he was only there 2 months!
3.) but Hillary

We need to get the formatting straight

Just using precedence as our guide here.  John Edwards, a million bucks . . . "campaign laws not applicable'.

Obama's co-campaign chair gets convicted of campaign fund crimes a couple of years later . . . no way Obama could know that he was that kind of guy, big circle, POTUS knows lots of people etc. etc. etc and what not.   Obama campaign fined for not accounting for contributions properly . . . nothing to see here.

I need some clarification, Edwards went down for that though right?  I think the Obama thing was the right result. 

I would say just wait for Cohen's testimony about whether Trump knew about it/directed it.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0531/Is-John-Edwards-verdict-the-last-straw-for-campaign-finance

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2018, 09:41:06 AM »
Apparently Cohen should have hired Edward's counsel

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2018, 09:46:57 AM »

The best part is that Cohen was represented by the Clinton's favorite lawyer, and now he's out there spewing claims with no evidence as of yet that you LibBots are eating up.

I mean, this set up is beautiful, brave-o, LibBot nation.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2018, 09:51:43 AM »

The best part is that Cohen was represented by the Clinton's favorite lawyer, and now he's out there spewing claims with no evidence as of yet that you LibBots are eating up.

I think Cohen would disagree that was the best part

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2018, 09:56:08 AM »

He's one guy.   You've got the Clinton's bag man working the TV circuit right now (BTW, he'd also like you to contribute to Cohen's defense fund if you have some extra cash, Dug). 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2018, 10:15:41 AM »
Can we please all try to keep our threads a little better organized? We've got a Russian COLUSION (:lol:) thread. We've got this Paul Manafort (:zzz:) thread. And now SD just set up a new Cohen thread (:flush:).

Come on guys, we all need to do our part.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2018, 10:18:27 AM »

edwards had a better array of facts on his side.  because no one raided his attorney's office.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2018, 10:22:51 AM »

He's one guy.   You've got the Clinton's bag man working the TV circuit right now (BTW, he'd also like you to contribute to Cohen's defense fund if you have some extra cash, Dug).

Can I deduct it?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2018, 04:59:50 PM »
Man, will be fantastic watching the meltdown run into that gazillion gallons of jet fuel if that happens. 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2019, 10:36:01 AM »
 :cheers:
Paul Manafort. He’s on trial for tax evasion and related charges from over a decade ago? Somehow this is part of the special counsel investigation but it’s tough to understand how. Case has gone to jury. And the jury is now asking for definition of “reasonable doubt.”  :facepalm:

:fatty:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2019, 11:23:34 AM »
nobody has ever done anything wrong ever because someone else has done something similar and didn't get in trouble for it.

Your ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I will prove to you beyond a reasonable doubt, that many people commit ________________________ every day and are walking free.  So my client cannot be guilty.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2019, 01:36:07 PM »
Pfffffffft lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2019, 05:23:39 PM »
Will be absolute gold when Trump colluded with Russia and Cohen was tasked with it and that was the extent of the COLUSION along with just giving the NRA a bunch of money.

The funniest part is that more than anything, Anthony Weiner being a complete freak causing the laptop to get subpoenaed with "possibly new emails" coming out was a much bigger deal than any of this stuff.

Hillary is going to realize she blew it all on her own.  What an amazing tour through the absolute worst people in America.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2019, 05:41:00 PM »
that was the extent of the COLUSION along with just giving the NRA a bunch of money.

I don't know if this is merely part of your hypothetical. Given that you are a skeptic, though, I'm curious if you have any idea about how many contacts Trump people have had with Russian officials and Russian agents.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2019, 06:25:55 PM »
is katkid mainlining glenn greenwald?  that would explain a good bit, come to think of it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2019, 06:29:38 PM »
I don't doubt that Trump and co. had lots of Russian contacts, but I still don't know what they actually got from the Russians that was some incredibly devious psyop that tricked the American people en masse in to electing Trump.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2019, 06:34:00 PM »
I don't doubt that Trump and co. had lots of Russian contacts, but I still don't know what they actually got from the Russians that was some incredibly devious psyop that tricked the American people en masse in to electing Trump.

you should look into it more.

you're also conflating the idea of conspiring with a foreign power with winning the election.  whatever trump did or didn't get in exchange is not really the point.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2019, 06:38:43 PM »

Out of all of the people on each side that could be getting all sorts of things, why focus this narrowly?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2019, 06:46:48 PM »

you should look into it more.

you're also conflating the idea of conspiring with a foreign power with winning the election.  whatever trump did or didn't get in exchange is not really the point.

I think I have a pretty good handle on it.

I am not conflating it, the entire story is a Thanksgiving plate where the mashed potatoes of Trump are touching the green bean casserole of Putin and the gravy is that Hillary would've won if we could just prove this case with the help of Mueller and the FBI! That is the story for the vast majority of the people following it. The idea that Trump will be found guilty of treason is, to me, a complete fantasy.

Look no further than the twitter feed of former emaw chunkles to see that most democrats now have an entire Q-Anon level conspiracy that they've spun themselves in to and decide if it may be better to just wait and see what comes then to declare that we know what happened. They think he is getting perp walked out of the White House! So, my skepticism is within this context.

I absolutely think Trump is a crook and I absolutely think he/his campaign colluded with Russia in a completely stupid and incompetent manner.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »
I guess I'm curious as to chum1 and sys' theory of the case.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2019, 07:14:04 PM »
There's a lot to it. Here are some things that should be questioned just off the top of my head.

Trump seems very involved in Russian money laundering.
Trump parrots Russia talking points.
Trump advocates pro Russia policy.
Trump acts like Russia's lackey literally 100% of the time.
Trump people have had 100 contacts with Russian officials/agents.
They tried to hide and/or lie about all of the contacts.
Lots of super suspicious timing of these contacts.
Trump has talked privately with Putin five times and no one knows about what.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2019, 07:16:26 PM »
I guess I'm curious as to chum1 and sys' theory of the case.

i think he committed crimes with russians, mostly money laundering type stuff and the russian govt is fully aware/participatory in those crimes and consequently trump has been and remains subservient to russian interests.

i also think russia helped his campaign much in the same way they've interfered in elections across europe (maybe more widely, but afaik every other country i've heard of has been in europe).  his campaign was aware of the help and did nothing to stop it and encouraged it in mostly indirect ways.

either of those would be sufficient for a functioning democract to remove him from office.  we are barely that, at best.  i hope he is criminally prosecuted when he leaves office.  a pardon would infuriate me.

the extent to which russian efforts influenced the outcome of the election is unknowable and unimportant.