Author Topic: The Trump Shutdown  (Read 4659 times)

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Shutdown
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2018, 03:50:57 PM »
Honestly Trump's rhetoric is way better than a physical wall if keeping out illegals is your big thing...

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2018, 04:05:52 PM »
Those could be mitigated if they do it right.

Solar panels!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2018, 04:21:12 PM »
so trump told the senate to make a deal and he'd sign it. so they did and then he backed out. then he invited the shumer guy or whatever to the white house to try and strike a deal and they apparently did and then trump backed out again. so now the senate has to just all agree that trump is a bumbling bafoon, agree to something super short term and then get together yet again to hatch out a deal that he will agree to a third time but then actually sign off on this time. is that where we're at?

No, that's not where we're at. The "Senate" didn't make a deal. It was just the Dems and two GOP Senators (Flake and Lindsey Grahamnesty, who already agree with the Dems on unconditional amnesty, hence ol' Lindsey's nickname). That proposal never had a chance of passing the Senate, let alone the House. The minute Durbin and Grahamnesty met in the Oval Office with Trump and other Pub senators like Tom Cotton, who is more in line with the rest of the GOP on border enforcement, it quickly became apparent that there would be no deal under the Durbin/Grahamnesty terms. That's when Durbin decided to change tactics and blow everything up by leaking the "shithole" comment.

So now the Pubs and Dems are attempting to reach a compromise deal of DACA amnesty for stronger border enforcement, including wall funding, and limiting the visa lottery and chain immigration - a deal that could actually pass muster with House and Senate Pubs. That deal is unlikely to happen, because Dem donors are really, really, really opposed to actually reducing illegal immigration, and they'd rather wait until after the 2018 midterms when they think they'll be stronger and might retake the House. So it's probably gonna be a string of funding continuing resolutions and finger pointing until November. Oh boy.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2018, 04:31:27 PM »
The dems plus 2 republicans make 51 senate votes, fwiw.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2018, 04:35:20 PM »
The dems plus 2 republicans make 51 senate votes, fwiw.

Need 60 fwiw.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2018, 04:38:35 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2018, 04:39:49 PM »
Democrats got owned for sure.  I don't know why you would agree to anything more than a 5-day extension if you are serious about getting DACA passed.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2018, 04:42:19 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/21/mulvaney-trump-wont-weaponize-shutdown-like-obama-team-did.amp.html
In 2013 Obama did not want his shut down to end.  The magnificent Trump wanted it to end, a compassionate man.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2018, 04:46:08 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/21/mulvaney-trump-wont-weaponize-shutdown-like-obama-team-did.amp.html
In 2013 Obama did not want his shut down to end.  The magnificent Trump wanted it to end, a compassionate man.

I guess the author of that article did not listen to the WH answering machine.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2018, 05:19:18 PM »
Liberals know Schumer caved. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/22/government-shutdown-deal-liberals-angry-357268
Weird way to approach this. Don't agree... obstruction. Agree....caved in.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2018, 05:42:59 PM »
I still don't get why known disgusting person kdub hates daca
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2018, 05:47:03 PM »
Liberals know Schumer caved. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/22/government-shutdown-deal-liberals-angry-357268
To be honest, this is the kind of crap that pisses me off about Democrats. They always fold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2018, 05:53:40 PM »
so trump told the senate to make a deal and he'd sign it. so they did and then he backed out. then he invited the shumer guy or whatever to the white house to try and strike a deal and they apparently did and then trump backed out again. so now the senate has to just all agree that trump is a bumbling bafoon, agree to something super short term and then get together yet again to hatch out a deal that he will agree to a third time but then actually sign off on this time. is that where we're at?

No, that's not where we're at. The "Senate" didn't make a deal. It was just the Dems and two GOP Senators (Flake and Lindsey Grahamnesty, who already agree with the Dems on unconditional amnesty, hence ol' Lindsey's nickname). That proposal never had a chance of passing the Senate, let alone the House. The minute Durbin and Grahamnesty met in the Oval Office with Trump and other Pub senators like Tom Cotton, who is more in line with the rest of the GOP on border enforcement, it quickly became apparent that there would be no deal under the Durbin/Grahamnesty terms. That's when Durbin decided to change tactics and blow everything up by leaking the "shithole" comment.

So now the Pubs and Dems are attempting to reach a compromise deal of DACA amnesty for stronger border enforcement, including wall funding, and limiting the visa lottery and chain immigration - a deal that could actually pass muster with House and Senate Pubs. That deal is unlikely to happen, because Dem donors are really, really, really opposed to actually reducing illegal immigration, and they'd rather wait until after the 2018 midterms when they think they'll be stronger and might retake the House. So it's probably gonna be a string of funding continuing resolutions and finger pointing until November. Oh boy.

lol. almost none of what you just typed out is true.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2018, 05:58:24 PM »
Fan fiction?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2018, 05:59:00 PM »

That's "the art of the deal," Daris.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2018, 06:33:45 PM »
 :facepalm:  pittin’ ain’t easy
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2018, 06:47:51 PM »
 :lol:
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.