Author Topic: Vegas shooting  (Read 31786 times)

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Vegas shooting
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 10:14:55 AM »
I mean, might as well put it down

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-57086

Timing may seem insensitive, but this is a retread article they did after another shooting. Point is increasingly valid and I really hope people think about it instead of acting like their political party needs to come out of this with a win.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 10:18:58 AM »

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-57086

Timing may seem insensitive, but this is a retread article they did after another shooting. Point is increasingly valid and I really hope people think about it instead of acting like their political party needs to come out of this with a win.
I'd say good luck with that. I mean ERIII is already pumped it's a white guy. There needs to be massive changes to gun laws and I think it will help a bit, but that damn ole black market will always be there.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:28:10 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 10:23:17 AM »
President Trump was excellent in his remarks this morning

Did he call it terrorism? I seem to recall a sizeable portion of people in this country losing their crap when Obama didn't label San Bernardino terrorism.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 10:26:16 AM »
I think you know why that was MIR...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 10:46:02 AM »
If that isn't terrorism....

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 10:56:40 AM »
Trumps remarks were about a 6 or 7/10.  Far from rough ridin' excellent.  He read is statement and didn't do any of his usual asides that eff up his prepared speeches.  It was an okay speech full of religious colloquialisms and platitudes about strength.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 11:34:23 AM »
Brown person kills people
ISIS: We did it!
Americans: EXTREME ISLAMIC TERRORISTS

Wypipo kills
ISIS: We did it!
Americans: LIARS

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 11:35:59 AM »
Did ISIS claim credit?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 11:39:56 AM »
Islamic state claims Las Vegas shooting, U.S. officials skeptical

Islamic State claimed responsibility for a shooting in which a 64-year-old American man killed at least 50 people and wounded more than 400 in Las Vegas, but U.S. officials said there was no evidence so far linking the gunman to any international militant group.

In its claim, Islamic State said the gunman had converted to Islam a few months ago, according to the group's news agency Amaq.

U.S. officials said American security agencies were examining the claim of responsibility.

"The Las Vegas attack was carried out by a soldier of the Islamic State and he carried it out in response to calls to target states of the coalition," Amaq news agency said in reference to the U.S.-led coalition fighting the group in the Middle East.

U.S. authorities said the gunman, who lived in a retirement home in Mesquite, Nevada, and was armed with more than 10 rifles, opened fire on a Las Vegas country music festival on Sunday night from a 32nd-floor window. (Full Story)

The man, identified by police as Stephen Paddock, killed himself before police entered the hotel room he was shooting from, police said.

Two senior U.S. government officials told Reuters that Paddock's name was not on any database of suspected terrorists. There was reason to believe that Paddock had a history of psychological problems, one official said.

(Reporting by Ali Abdelaty and Arwa Gaballa in Cairo and Mark Hosenball in Washington; Editing by Ahmed Aboulenein and Grant McCool)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2017, 11:46:47 AM »
Now that would be pretty WTF

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
I don't pay that close attention, but I cannot think of any instances of ISIS claiming responsibility for something and getting debunked, although they may be in desperation mode at this point.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2017, 11:54:34 AM »
I am not even going to try and guess on this one. 

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2017, 11:55:19 AM »

That's why I put it on here. I know it's a retread, because each of these damn incidents are a retread of the same bullshit again and again. I put it here cause we'll see the same dumbass cycle of "oh T's and P's" then politicize it based off of white guy/black guy/christian/muslim/etc who did the shooting, and then it becomes a gun argument, no one budges, and then we wait 1-2 months a bam we're back here all again. I'll keep posting it right away after each event cause we'll do it again cause we don't want to actually do anything. I want it to be a reminder of how ultimately hopeless it is under our current society. If we as a society end up ultimately valuing owning guns carte blanche as a symbol of freedom and a protection from tyranny more than trying to properly regulate, train, or do comprehensive background check and other things to protect lives of people and children going to school (spoiler alert, we clearly time and again have chosen the former), than you will keep having these and you shouldn't be surprised or taken aback by it at all, and offering T's and P's is practically an insult to the family and friends of the victims.

I'm tired of it, tired of T's and P's. We all are willing to do the P's but no one really wants to T's without rocking the boat, so we wait until the next, new-new-new-new biggest mass shooting in US history. Might as well start the clock. What a sad, hollow, and worthless society we live in. 
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2017, 12:04:17 PM »
Pray
this may annoy me more than any other thing on fb. link to article talking about shooting followed by prayers for _insert whichever place had something happen recently_
I said I was not going to post.  To non believers pray is folly.  Many at that concert were praying.  Some likely got killed.  Evil is an equal opportunity victimizer regardless of belief.  The difference between Christians we know regardless how we die we will be in heaven.  I feel bad for those who don't believe and have this peace.

Instead of letting people grieve, left hating zealots are bashing religious folk. They are using tragedy to push their agendas calling for gun control.  No hew and crew when Democrat nut tried to murder Republican congressmen and congresswomen.  We gathered in places of worship and gathered in prayer after 9/11.   Sad pepole are so petty and hateful to attack other people - are they a step away from snapping and killing?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/10/02/las-vegas-shooting-warren-thoughts-and-prayers/

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2017, 12:27:43 PM »
Are you proud to be a progressive?
Hayley Geftman-Gold, the CBS network's vice president and senior counsel, took to Facebook after a gunman opened fire at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival in Las Vegas, killing at least 58 people and sending more than 500 others to hospitals.

“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs [sic] will ever do the right thing,” Geftman-Gold wrote in a now-deleted message that was first reported and captured by The Daily Caller.

Geftman-Gold continued: “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc [sic] country music fans often are Republican gun toters [sic].”

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2017, 12:34:15 PM »
Pray
this may annoy me more than any other thing on fb. link to article talking about shooting followed by prayers for _insert whichever place had something happen recently_
I said I was not going to post.  To non believers pray is folly.  Many at that concert were praying.  Some likely got killed.  Evil is an equal opportunity victimizer regardless of belief.  The difference between Christians we know regardless how we die we will be in heaven.  I feel bad for those who don't believe and have this peace.

Instead of letting people grieve, left hating zealots are bashing religious folk. They are using tragedy to push their agendas calling for gun control.  No hew and crew when Democrat nut tried to murder Republican congressmen and congresswomen.  We gathered in places of worship and gathered in prayer after 9/11.   Sad pepole are so petty and hateful to attack other people - are they a step away from snapping and killing?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/10/02/las-vegas-shooting-warren-thoughts-and-prayers/

He feels bad for those who don't have his religion. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2017, 12:39:21 PM »
To assorted posters engaging in assorted dumbassery:

1. There is no credible evidence that this was an act of terrorism - i.e. promoted by religious or political aims. So stop being a jackass.

2. We have no idea what weapons the shooter used, whether they were legally or illegally obtained, or pretty much anything else about the shooting, which means we don't know whether any additional "gun control" would have made a difference. So stop being a jackass.

3. There will be plenty of time in the next days and weeks to stake out your arguments and political positions once you learn more facts. For now, stop being a jackass.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2017, 12:43:04 PM »
what the eff

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2017, 12:48:16 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2017, 12:50:09 PM »
Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2017, 12:52:37 PM »
2. We have no idea what weapons the shooter used, whether they were legally or illegally obtained, or pretty much anything else about the shooting, which means we don't know whether any additional "gun control" would have made a difference. So stop being a jackass.

if you would have watched any of the videos you would know that it was most definitely a submachine gun, which of course is illegal. also i'm not sure who you are telling to stop being a jackass.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2017, 12:54:59 PM »
Plus gun control is typically geared towards controlling illegal as well as legal firearms...

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2017, 12:56:35 PM »

if you would have watched any of the videos you would know that it was most definitely a submachine gun, which of course is illegal. also i'm not sure who you are telling to stop being a jackass.

<inserts politics into thread>

Hey Jackasses! Stop being political! Jackasses...

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2017, 12:57:43 PM »
To assorted posters engaging in assorted dumbassery:

1. There is no credible evidence that this was an act of terrorism - i.e. promoted by religious or political aims. So stop being a jackass.

3. There will be plenty of time in the next days and weeks to stake out your arguments and political positions once you learn more facts. For now, stop being a jackass.

Good grief.