Author Topic: Vegas shooting  (Read 32183 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Vegas shooting
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2017, 03:16:17 PM »
To be fair, the Pulse shooter said himself he was doing it for ISIS. Here we only have ISIS taking credit at this point.

MIR isn't interested in "being fair." He's only got one note, and it's raaaacism.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2017, 03:18:38 PM »
To be fair, the Pulse shooter said himself he was doing it for ISIS. Here we only have ISIS taking credit at this point.

KSUW didn't know that when he made those posts. There was a lot of speculation that the shooter was a closeted gay man and he was seeking revenge for some slight. This was two weeks after the shooting

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/us/was-the-orlando-gunman-gay-the-answer-continues-to-elude-the-fbi.html

It was three weeks after the shooting when the motive was revealed
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/omar-mateen-orlando-police-negotiator_us_57e5b13ae4b08d73b831834a

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2017, 03:30:58 PM »

MIR isn't interested in "being fair." He's only got one note, and it's raaaacism.

I'd be interested in you telling us how you were able to determine his motivation five hours after the siege was over, yet it took government officials three weeks to publicly do the same. You only had his name, Omar Mateen, and nothing else. Tell us all how you cracked the code without using race as the sole tool.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2017, 03:37:12 PM »
:Wha:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2017, 03:39:40 PM »

I'd be interested in you telling us how you were able to determine his motivation five hours after the siege was over, yet it took government officials three weeks to publicly do the same. You only had his name, Omar Mateen, and nothing else. Tell us all how you cracked the code without using race as the sole tool.

MIR: "It you were quick to conclude that a young guy named Omar Mateen shooting up a gay nightclub was probably a terrorist act, but you're not so sure of an old guy named Stephen Paddock opening fire on a country music concert was a terrorist act, you're a total hypocrite and racist."

Me: "Ok, I'll just stick to my common sense, and I'll likely be right, and you just go ahead and call me a racist."

Maybe some manifesto will emerge and this really will be an act of terrorism. Too soon to tell. But my judgment now is perfectly sensible, as was my judgment of the Pulse shooting.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2017, 04:09:12 PM »
Wonder if those victims families are stressing out if this was terrorism or not?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2017, 04:12:09 PM »
well it was terrifying just to watch the videos

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2017, 04:21:50 PM »
People who stop and take video of something like that amaze me. Like they have to have a screw loose or something. I'd be losing my crap.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2017, 04:25:41 PM »
People who stop and take video of something like that amaze me. Like they have to have a screw loose or something. I'd be losing my crap.

More like keep filming but agreed. It seems like most of the videos I've seen were people videoing the concert, and then the shots rang out. At least several of those though seems to be very shaky afterwards which tells me they didnt really have time to turn it off and just were reacting to the situation. But I have seen some that make it look like the person was very much trying to document a lot more after the shots fired.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2017, 04:28:25 PM »
 all the idiots standing around holding their beers and pointing at the muscle flashes while everyone else is yelling at them to get down was more shocking to me

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2017, 04:30:49 PM »

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2017, 04:41:10 PM »
all the idiots standing around holding their beers and pointing at the muscle flashes while everyone else is yelling at them to get down was more shocking to me

wat (not graphic)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2017, 05:23:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/914919058801172480

What else would it be?

the shooter knew every individual attending the concert and had a personal vendetta against each of them. obviously.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2017, 06:51:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/914919058801172480

What else would it be?

Mass murder. A domestic act of terrorism would be like OKC. Violence in pursuit of political or social aims. I've not heard of any evidence of that at this point. Some would define terrorism as including any mass shooting, even if it's the product of somethig like schizophrenia. (In fact, that would be the overly expansive definition under Nevada law, not that that really matters). I think that is far too expansive, and dilutes what constitutes terrorism (which is what liberals would prefer to do).

But when Jared Lee Loughner started spraying bullets, even at a politician, that wasn't terrorism. That was just crazy. This isn't semantics. It matters because there are military, political, and economic things we can do to combat terrorism. There's not much you can do to combat your run of the mill mental breakdown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/las-vegas-shooting-terrorism-mass-shooting-2017-10

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/las-vegas-shooting-is-it-terrorist-attack-stephen-paddock/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:04:05 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2017, 07:01:08 PM »
What's important here is that we craft our criminal law system around the actions of maniacs so ss to minimize the rights and liberties of the law abiding citizens.

Just like the monarchs did in feudal Europe and Hitler and the othe fascists did after them.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2017, 07:03:35 PM »
Is it weird that when I saw the ss typo, I knew a Nazi reference was coming?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2017, 07:07:14 PM »
What's important here is that we craft our criminal law system around the actions of maniacs so ss to minimize the rights and liberties of the law abiding citizens.

Just like the monarchs did in feudal Europe and Hitler and the othe fascists did after them.

Also important to use this opportunity to make strained arguments that you're racist if you're withholding judgment on whether this was terrorism, but were quick to (correctly) conclude that a Muslim spraying bullets at a gay nightclub was terrorism.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2017, 07:12:29 PM »
Is it weird that when I saw the ss typo, I knew a Nazi reference was coming?
Pro-tip: not a typo
:adios:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2017, 07:13:22 PM »
Weren't there numerous eye witness accounts the guy was screaming ala akhbar while murdering people in the gay club immediately after it happened?

This post facto "nobody knew for 3 weeks" seems completely contrived. I recall it being known right away. Just like the dude out in cali and his sick eff wife.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2017, 07:15:01 PM »

Also important to use this opportunity to make strained arguments that you're racist if you're withholding judgment on whether this was terrorism, but were quick to (correctly) conclude that a Muslim spraying bullets at a gay nightclub was terrorism.

I find the president's habit of immediately condeming attacks by brown people, and at least in one case mistakenly labeling it terrorism, bizarre. However, when it's a white guy there's either no condemnation or the feeling that they need to get all of the facts first.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2017, 07:15:36 PM »
Weren't there numerous eye witness accounts the guy was screaming ala akhbar while murdering people in the gay club immediately after it happened?

This post facto "nobody knew for 3 weeks" seems completely contrived. I recall it being known right away. Just like the dude out in cali and his sick eff wife.

Pssshh. You are racist if you are inclined to believe the purported first hand accounts of other obvious racists.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2017, 07:17:07 PM »

I find the president's habit of immediately condeming attacks by brown people, and at least in one case mistakenly labeling it terrorism, bizarre. However, when it's a white guy there's either no condemnation or the feeling that they need to get all of the facts first.

Maybe you're right in certain instances. I dunno. But that's not the case here, or with Pulse Nightclub, or San Bernadino.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2017, 07:19:32 PM »
This should end well for her.

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/914900359721701377

Yeah, she mumped up and gotta go. Good on clay for soldering on for white people, he's the hero you guys need.
:buh-bye:

That was amazingly quick
http://www.thewrap.com/cbs-exec-fired-deeply-unacceptable-republican-las-vegas-shooting/

What's amazing to me is how someone so highly educated as this woman was could also be so ideologically radical so as to basically be mentally ill. It is hard for me to fathom how crazy you would have to be to tweet something like that and not expect to be immediately shitcanned. A product of Columbia Law School.