Author Topic: Kobach our next goofenor? Please no. He's running  (Read 48318 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kobach our next goofenor? Please no. He's running
« Reply #450 on: August 15, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »
I don't think anyone would mistake the two but I took K-S-U to mean Kelly's "look" can't win in Kansas.  That look to me is an older lady with short gray hair which has won here before.

That's exactly what he meant. Middle aged white lady is middle aged white lady. K-S-U was hinting that a democrat candidate needs to be young, male, or have some melanin to energize the base. There is no person in America that would energize the democratic base enough to make a democrat gubernatorial candidate viable. Enjoy it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 15, 2018, 12:12:09 PM »
Call me crazy, but until Orman polls above 20% it would be very weird for the Democrat to drop out of the race in the hopes that he somehow beats Kobach.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #452 on: August 15, 2018, 12:39:07 PM »
I don't think anyone would mistake the two but I took K-S-U to mean Kelly's "look" can't win in Kansas.  That look to me is an older lady with short gray hair which has won here before.

That's exactly what he meant. Middle aged white lady is middle aged white lady. K-S-U was hinting that a democrat candidate needs to be young, male, or have some melanin to energize the base. There is no person in America that would energize the democratic base enough to make a democrat gubernatorial candidate viable. Enjoy it.

That's pretty much what the Democrats said in the article he linked.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 15, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »
Kobach might be polarizing enough that Orman actually helps the democrats by giving republicans an alternative to vote for that doesn’t have a D by his name.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 15, 2018, 02:47:42 PM »

That's pretty much what the Democrats said in the article he linked.

Although the last 2 non 'Pub Goofs were essentially "middle aged white lady".  Kelly is actually older than Joan Finney was when she was elected.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 15, 2018, 03:21:52 PM »
It could be a middle aged white woman that looks like Sandra Bullock with the political clout of a 60's Kennedy, but as long as she has a D next to her name, she isn't running a statewide race in Kansas. The political climate is so much different than when Kathleen won, and Joan Finney won 28 years ago, she's been dead for 17.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 15, 2018, 03:29:49 PM »
The last time a republican won an election for governor of Kansas to follow another republican was 1965.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 15, 2018, 03:30:08 PM »
It could be a middle aged white woman that looks like Sandra Bullock with the political clout of a 60's Kennedy, but as long as she has a D next to her name, she isn't running a statewide race in Kansas. The political climate is so much different than when Kathleen won, and Joan Finney won 28 years ago, she's been dead for 17.
I don't know.  Polls haven't exactly been a landslide for Koby in the general.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 15, 2018, 03:51:58 PM »
We're going to see a lot of very suspect polling in the next few weeks. These polls typically vastly over-sample liberal voters. Just remember that most polling in the final weeks before election day 2014 had Orman winning by 1-5 points. Roberts won by 11.

Here's a fun trip down memory lane. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Kansas,_2014

On September 3, Democratic nominee Chad Taylor withdrew from the race. On September 4, Kris Kobach, the Republican Kansas Secretary of State, announced that Taylor would remain on the ballot because state law demands he declare himself "incapable of fulfilling the duties of office if elected" in order to be removed, which he did not do. Taylor challenged the decision, and on September 18 the Kansas Supreme Court decided that his name would be taken off the ballot [because when has, you know, the law actually mattered to those liberal activists?].

On the same day, Kobach demanded the chairman of the Democratic Party name a replacement in eight days, saying he will consider litigation to force the party if they refuse.

A registered Democrat with family ties to Republican Governor Sam Brownback's campaign also filed a petition with the Kansas Supreme Court on September 18 to force the Democratic Party to name a new candidate. Kobach ordered ballots to be mailed to overseas voters on September 20 without a Democratic candidate, but included a disclaimer that another ballot will be sent if the Democratic Party names a replacement candidate.

The state district court in Shawnee County threw out the petition, meaning no replacement for Taylor needed to be named.

Oh the Dems, their tricks, and their courtroom accomplices....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:08:38 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 15, 2018, 08:42:13 PM »
The last time a republican won an election for governor of Kansas to follow another republican was 1965.

None of this matters now.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 15, 2018, 08:48:39 PM »

Agree. As long as the Democrat party continues to push a far left commy agenda and weirdo social politics its candidates will continue to fail in Kansas. The pub will, at worst, be the far lesser of two evils.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2018, 09:02:05 AM »
We're going to see a lot of very suspect polling in the next few weeks. These polls typically vastly over-sample liberal voters. Just remember that most polling in the final weeks before election day 2014 had Orman winning by 1-5 points. Roberts won by 11.

Here's a fun trip down memory lane. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Kansas,_2014

On September 3, Democratic nominee Chad Taylor withdrew from the race. On September 4, Kris Kobach, the Republican Kansas Secretary of State, announced that Taylor would remain on the ballot because state law demands he declare himself "incapable of fulfilling the duties of office if elected" in order to be removed, which he did not do. Taylor challenged the decision, and on September 18 the Kansas Supreme Court decided that his name would be taken off the ballot [because when has, you know, the law actually mattered to those liberal activists?].

On the same day, Kobach demanded the chairman of the Democratic Party name a replacement in eight days, saying he will consider litigation to force the party if they refuse.

A registered Democrat with family ties to Republican Governor Sam Brownback's campaign also filed a petition with the Kansas Supreme Court on September 18 to force the Democratic Party to name a new candidate. Kobach ordered ballots to be mailed to overseas voters on September 20 without a Democratic candidate, but included a disclaimer that another ballot will be sent if the Democratic Party names a replacement candidate.

The state district court in Shawnee County threw out the petition, meaning no replacement for Taylor needed to be named.

Oh the Dems, their tricks, and their courtroom accomplices....

Their tricks are numerous.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 16, 2018, 09:08:18 AM »
If you want to see political tricks, check out the Dem's clownsuiting the 'Pubs in the North Carolina supreme court race

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 16, 2018, 11:45:44 PM »

The last time Kansans re-elected a dipshit who ruined the credit of the state was 2014.
The last time Kansans elected a racist moron reality show trainwreck by 20 damn points was 2016.
The last time Kansans allowed a racist crook who has cost the state millions of dollars to win a major party's nomination was 2018.
My pattern is better. The state is filled with families being sustained with subsidies who don't want Pedro or Rashawn to take their cut. Who don't want Suzie to get her baby who is three days from full term getting her baby cut out and have its body harvested for parts like an '87 El Camino. They also don't want Pete and Billy holding hands or getting their (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay) on the other kids in gym class. The state is filled with people who rail against identity politics but would rather the state be the laughingstock of the world than to be led by anyone who doesn't espouse WASPy, cicgender males.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 16, 2018, 11:53:49 PM »
Oh baby summers over and MIR is up in this bitch!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 17, 2018, 07:14:46 AM »
Yes!

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 17, 2018, 08:45:22 AM »
I think what he's trying to say is Kansas doesn't have enough re-educated weirdos to get a dem elected given the currently mumped up state of the dem party.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 17, 2018, 08:52:06 AM »
I think my favorite part was the dig at those crazy right-wingers who don’t want Suzie to abort her baby who is 3 days from term to have his or her organs harvested like an 87 El Camino.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 17, 2018, 09:34:24 AM »
I have to admit that didn’t make much sense paired with the other statements
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 17, 2018, 09:35:37 AM »
I think it was meant as an unfounded fear kansas rubes have of demoncraps
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 17, 2018, 09:57:07 AM »
Lib got it.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 17, 2018, 10:22:51 AM »
In fascist libtard fantasy land, it's the overwhelming majority of the people who are the problem, not the psycopathic and incoherent platform of the left.

Remember that.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 17, 2018, 10:38:29 AM »
It does say something about the shambles that is the Kansas Democrat Party that if Laura Kelly stays on the ballot she will finish a distant third behind KK and Orman.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 17, 2018, 02:59:03 PM »
how long before ks heads back to the glory days of not allowing people to booze in ks airspace?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 17, 2018, 05:59:28 PM »
I think it was meant as an unfounded fear kansas rubes have of demoncraps
[/quote
This guy is the best