Author Topic: MAGA  (Read 3918 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
MAGA
« on: January 23, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/foxconn-ceo-says-investment-display-plant-u-exceed-120029682--finance.html

TAIPEI (Reuters) - Foxconn, the world's largest contract electronics maker, is considering setting up a display-making plant in the United States in an investment that would exceed $7 billion, company chairman and chief executive Terry Gou said on Sunday.

The plans come after U.S. President Donald Trump pledged to put "America First" in his inauguration speech on Friday, prompting Gou to warn about the rise of protectionism and a trend for politics to underpin economic development.

Foxconn's proposal to build a display plant, which would be planned with its Sharp Corp <6753.T> unit, depend on many factors, such as investment conditions, that would have to be negotiated at the U.S. state and federal levels, Gou told reporters on the sidelines of a company event.

Gou said that Foxconn, formally known as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co <2317.TW>, had been considering such a move for years but the issue came up when Foxconn business partner Masayoshi Son, head of Japan's SoftBank Group Corp <9984.T>, talked to Gou before a December meeting Son had with Trump.

As a result of the meeting, Son pledged a $50 billion of investment in the United States and inadvertently disclosed information showing Foxconn's logo and an unspecified additional $7 billion investment. At the time, Foxconn issued a brief statement saying it was in preliminary discussions to expand its U.S. operations, without elaborating.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: MAGA
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 01:14:09 PM »
Substantial paradigm shift in the industry if those displays started to be manufactured in the U.S. on a large scale.   Albeit the glass materials for those displays are often sourced through U.S. companies and made in the U.S. 

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 05:53:48 PM »
Best way to avoid tariffs/gain market access is to set up shop in foreign markets, just like the U.S. did in the past.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 06:09:18 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 06:32:35 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/foxconn-ceo-says-investment-display-plant-u-exceed-120029682--finance.html

had been considering such a move for years

Definitely claim credit for this!

"The plans come after U.S. President Donald Trump pledged to put "America First" in his inauguration speech on Friday"

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 09:07:58 PM »

"The plans come after U.S. President Donald Trump pledged to put "America First" in his inauguration speech on Friday"

Yes a foreign company is so easily swayed in 3 days after a US president's speech.  Come on guys...you are smarter than this.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 09:14:40 PM »

Yes a foreign company is so easily swayed in 3 days after a US president's speech.  Come on guys...you are smarter than this.

OK, to spell it out, they have been considering it for years, but had no reason to proceed because obama let them manipulate their money and import for next to nothing. Time to pull the trigger. Thanks, Trump.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 09:42:13 PM »
Hey dorks, take it to the Milk and Honey thread

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 09:20:44 AM »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 09:34:03 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 10:43:45 PM »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

The Big Train

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 10:53:04 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 12:22:13 AM »
If trump buys kc a new airport I will chuck a duece to the liberal losers and start riding the trump train choo choo
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 12:03:03 AM »
Even when it's named after him?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 12:04:18 AM »
especially when it's named after him

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 12:04:33 AM »
Dur

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 12:36:19 PM »
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/08/trump-meets-intel-ceo-brian-krzanich.html

Intel CEO: Past tax policy has disadvantaged us
Intel CEO meets with President Trump in Oval Office 
25 Mins Ago | 04:21

Intel chief executive Brian Krzanich met with President Donald Trump on Wednesday, where the company announced it will invest $7 billion in a factory employing up to 3,000 people.

The factory will be in Chandler, Arizona, the company said, and over 10,000 people in the Arizona area will support the factory. Krzanich confirmed to CNBC that the investment over the next three to four years would be to complete a previous plant, Fab 42, that was started and then left vacant.

The 7 nanometer chips will be produced there will be "the most powerful computer chips on the planet," Krzanich said in the Oval Office with the Trump administration. Most Intel manufacturing happens in the U.S., Krzanich said.

"America has a unique combination of talent, a vibrant business environment and access to global markets, which has enabled U.S. companies like Intel to foster economic growth and innovation," Krzanich said in a statement. "Our factories support jobs — high-wage, high-tech manufacturing jobs that are the economic engines of the states where they are located."

It comes as the technology industry has pushed back against the Trump administration, amid mounting pressure to move manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. There will be no incentives from the federal government for the Intel project, the White House said.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 10:33:59 PM »
Republicans are getting peaved at.Congress about taxes, wall, and death Obomedcare.  Ignorant Dems just hating, hollering, and crapping on themselves, forgetting.that people want change.agent.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 01:19:47 PM »
Easy to get confused.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 01:20:21 PM »
I wonder if the Ford CEO corrected him or just laughed to himself.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 10:11:41 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/04/cant-wear-swastika-cant-wear-maga-georgia-teacher-slammed-kicking-trump-shirt-wearing-students-class/
Well.  Is this what passes for teaching today?   Teacher told two boys wearing MAGA trump shirts they are nazi.  She was telling them that they are Hitler wannabes.  She is scarring children psychologically for life because of self righteous hatred.  She was not fired.  We live in Screwed Up States of America.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2017, 10:14:16 AM »
I blame the parents

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »
I blame the parents
I agree.  They should have taught her if she is going to be a teacher that her role is to build up kids. Not to spew her political hate to demean them.