Author Topic: Respect the flag you ungrateful bastards and ingrates.  (Read 134795 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Stand and respect the flag ungrateful bastards
« Reply #975 on: October 10, 2017, 04:52:19 AM »
Ignorant and still stupid is any person who thinks that because they are some kind of special class can say whatever you want at work.  From the American Bar  Association:
A Chill Around the Water Cooler: First Amendment in the Workplace
by
Jeannette Cox
Jeannette Cox is a professor of law at the University of Dayton School of Law. She specializes in disability law and employment discrimination law.

Can your boss fire you for expressing your views on social policy, participating in a politi­cal party, or donating money to an unpopular political cause? Polls indicate that many Americans believe the answer is no. After all, the right to free speech is among our most deeply ingrained civic values. We repeat, and cherish, the aphorism: “I can say what I like. It’s a free country.”

In reality, however, American employees’ free speech rights may be more accurately summarized by this paraphrase of a 1891 statement by Oli­ver Wendell Holmes, Jr.: “A employee may have a constitutional right to talk politics, but he has no constitutional right to be employed.” In other words: to keep your job, you often can’t say what you like.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 10, 2017, 03:34:00 PM »
If I did something at work that caused a bad light to be shined on the compnay I.would be canned.  If an NFL player uses free speech to make offensive comments about people of color, sex alignment, women, Hillary, or dog beating, they will get canned.  So why the double standard?  Or.does the NFL hold the same views?  He wants to be political - run for office.

If you would get canned this just means you should get better at your job. They did the pledge of allegiance where I worked, I banned it without asking anyone and no one said a damn thing to me.
MIR you a defiant hard edge cuss that likely no one wants to mess with.  I must be wrong.  Just Read political savant HillaryIgotscrewed said these guys have the right to protest.  I guess white masters have to give minority players a job irregardless of what they do.  Hillary insinuates owners have a duty to provide squatters a job.  You do have to admire Kaepernick quitting in protest last year.  Kind of seems he has lessened his protest by beginning to be hired again.  White momma Kaepernick is tweeten about her son being treated misfairly; it's never good when maw goes into little boy butt cleaning mode.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 10, 2017, 10:56:36 PM »
ESPN Moron, Michael Wilbon you are self righteous stupid if you think a worker is equal to the owner of the copy.  A business ain't a dang democracy.   If you are going to be an ignoramus shut yer yap.
"And the word that comes to my mind?and I don’t care who doesn’t like me using it?is plantation,” Mr. Wilbon said on Monday’s show. “The players are here to serve me, and they will do what I want. No matter how much I pay them, they are not equal to me. That’s what this says to me and mine.”

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 11, 2017, 12:03:27 AM »
Jemele Hill didn't get suspended for political commentary, unless I missed something about Jerry Jones. She got suspended for the same reason that Bill Simmons got fired, they mumped with the NFL. That same NFL that ESPN paid over a billion dollars in rights fees to in the current contract alone.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 11, 2017, 07:21:32 AM »
Jemele Hill didn't get suspended for political commentary, unless I missed something about Jerry Jones. She got suspended for the same reason that Bill Simmons got fired, they mumped with the NFL. That same NFL that ESPN paid over a billion dollars in rights fees to in the current contract alone.
It is kinda weird that Wilbon compared Jones to a plantation owner and as far as I can tell hasn't  any repercussions yet .

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 11, 2017, 09:04:29 AM »

I learned all about this from Ballers.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 11, 2017, 09:07:54 AM »
Thanks for making my point, that she doesn't get a slap on the hand when she gets political, but Schilling did.  :love:

She's just stupid enough to go after the ppl who help sign her paycheck.  :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 11, 2017, 09:11:09 AM »
Shilling was being a racist bad person
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 11, 2017, 09:12:21 AM »
Because he made comments about bad muslims?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 11, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »
Calling the president of the US a White Supremacist > Talking bad about bad muslims.  :dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 11, 2017, 09:18:33 AM »
Curt Schilling is Batt BcKee's facebook friend.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 11, 2017, 09:50:21 AM »
Calling the president of the US a White Supremacist > Talking bad about bad muslims.  :dunno:
I mean....he hasn't shown many signs that he isn't.....

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 11, 2017, 09:52:51 AM »
Shilling was being a racist bad person

Was he? What did he say?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 11, 2017, 09:57:57 AM »
The difference that I see between what Hill said and what Schilling said was that Hill attacked a person and Schilling attacked a group of people.  When Schilling attacked Hillary Clinton in saying she should be "buried under a jail," he was treated/disciplined similarly to Hill's first offense.  When Schilling posted something comparing transgender people to sex offenders, he was fired. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 11, 2017, 09:58:59 AM »
The left love to generalize ppl real quick. Racist, white supremacist, etc. They throw that crap out so loosely these days. It's scary as crap and they're part of the problem. Hard to find unity when you throw crap out like that loosely without any general facts to back crap up, other than ppl want you to stand for the flag and might think differently than you at times.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: October 11, 2017, 10:00:13 AM »
The difference that I see between what Hill said and what Schilling said was that Hill attacked a person and Schilling attacked a group of people.  When Schilling attacked Hillary Clinton in saying she should be "buried under a jail," he was treated/disciplined similarly to Hill's first offense.  When Schilling posted something comparing transgender people to sex offenders, he was fired.
All he did was share it, but ya.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 11, 2017, 10:04:27 AM »
The left love to generalize ppl real quick. Racist, white supremacist, etc. They throw that crap out so loosely these days. It's scary as crap and they're part of the problem. Hard to find unity when you throw crap out like that loosely without any general facts to back crap up, other than ppl want you to stand for the flag and might think differently than you at times.

Irony
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 11, 2017, 10:08:44 AM »
You've been doing this since the existence of this board, lib.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 11, 2017, 10:36:50 AM »
Nobody assumed Trump was a white supremacist until the facts came out via his actions....so not sure what you are generalizing....well except in your first sentence...lol.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 11, 2017, 10:55:42 AM »
Ok, Phil.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 11, 2017, 11:01:02 AM »
Ok, Phil.
Not sure with what you are disagreeing. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 11, 2017, 11:01:39 AM »
Ok, Phil. Ok.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 11, 2017, 11:02:42 AM »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 11, 2017, 11:03:42 AM »
My favorite part about the anti-stereotyping posts is the stereotyping that takes place in them.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 11, 2017, 11:23:28 AM »
My favorite part about the anti-stereotyping posts is the stereotyping that takes place in them.

Woah there, don't you think you're taking a pretty broad brush to all anti-stereotyping posts?