Author Topic: Politics  (Read 12390 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Politics
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2017, 06:17:38 PM »
Calling your senator is probably more productive than actually voting

making powerful people uncomfortable enough to change their minds usually requires more than voting.

Agree with lib. Obviously voting is essential to get the best candidate in office, but even if you accomplish that, calling is probably the best way for your candidate to gauge how the actual voters feel about something.

All that said, people that go out of their way to publicize themselves doing decent things are my least favorite type of people.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2017, 06:20:35 PM »
P.S. I still must applaud this particular mommy blogger for highlighting how difficult it is for us successful white people to overcome our privilege. It is a huge burden and warrants recognition when one of us is able to overcome it and do something for someone else.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2017, 06:45:21 PM »
Not every white person has her privilege and is idiotic to think so.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2018, 07:47:59 PM »
 :lol:  Are Senators of the Senate Judiciary Committee really asking a nominee to the supreme court about high school yearbook entries?   :lol:

Politics.   :lol:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2018, 07:50:47 PM »
"WHAT DOES BOOF MEAN? ANSWER ME."   :lol:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2018, 09:19:46 PM »
still the absolute stupidest.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2018, 11:13:36 PM »
still the absolute stupidest.

Finally sys agrees with me about the nature of politics. 

Haha gotcha.   :lol:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2018, 12:41:31 AM »
People who thought they knew what boofing meant really had to let it sink in for a moment, today...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2018, 01:54:20 PM »
Chanting  :lol:

"Hey we care about something political, how should we inform people of our views?  I know let's yell it rhythmically over and over and over again!"   :lol:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:13:32 PM by _33 »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2021, 10:15:52 AM »
If there is one thing we know for sure it's that this election is very important.  Lots of things will change for the worse if one certain person gets elected over another certain person.  So make sure you vote because this is important.  Things will not basically stay exactly the same in your day to day life regardless of who the president is.  A lot is at stake.  And there is definitely not basically nothing at stake.

just want to circle back here @_33 and see if you still feel the same? idk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2021, 10:24:02 AM »
I can very much see 33 as a "the capitol siege was overblown by the media" type.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2021, 10:31:16 AM »
I can very much see 33 as a "the capitol siege was overblown by the media" type.

what about the hundreds of orphaned children and however many of the 400k dead you want to blame trump for? also overblown?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2021, 11:00:53 AM »
as long as we have lobbyists and career politicians nothing will change other than the narratives

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2021, 11:03:13 AM »
I still believe a lot of people give WAY TOO MUCH mental and emotional headspace to who the president is.  I would like to hear how people's lives changed over the last 4 years due to the policies of Trump and his administration.  I'm genuinely curious.
Probably people vulnerable to immigration laws have the most at stake?

Therefore, because so many people are so emotionally invested I think it becomes more important for the president to be a unifier.  Or at the very least not to be actively inflammatory. 

In many people's minds the differing political parties have gone from simply a difference in opinion regarding governmental policy to good vs evil. That's bad.

So to sum up, no I don't think who POTUS is tangibly changes the lives of a vast majority of Americans.  HOWEVER, Trump exposed the emotional fragility on both sides of the spectrum, mostly because he was so emotionally fragile himself.  He was unique in that he was actively inflammatory.
His policy didn't change many lives but his rhetoric did.  So because of the current condition of America I do think it's important to elect peace makers, unifiers, and others who are actively ANTI inflammatory.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2021, 11:11:47 AM »
I agreed with your tweet _33. Far too much emotional investment in who is the president on both sides.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2021, 11:17:39 AM »
I still believe a lot of people give WAY TOO MUCH mental and emotional headspace to who the president is.  I would like to hear how people's lives changed over the last 4 years due to the policies of Trump and his administration.  I'm genuinely curious.

I guess the first thing that springs to mind is the like 200k + people who died of COVID beyond initial projections due to Trump’s failure to mobilize any kind of national response?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2021, 11:19:05 AM »
The cop who got murdered by a mob is pretty directly attributable to our ex president.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2021, 11:21:09 AM »
People in service industries are taking it pretty hard due to COVID still not being under control and a failure to pressure Congress to do something about it.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2021, 11:22:39 AM »
That one guy tazed his nuts off trying to carry out Trump’s demands and his family will have to deny it to their dying breath.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2021, 11:24:22 AM »
Our farmers couldn’t sell a lot of their products for a while for completely pointless reasons.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2021, 11:25:54 AM »
Any world leaders who decide to torture children can now point to America as an example.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2021, 11:26:17 AM »
A lot of people on my facebook feed are very worried that gas prices will go up under Biden, costing them an extra $10-$20 per month.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2021, 11:26:17 AM »
I'm from the government and I'm here to help!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2021, 11:27:24 AM »
People pretty much all over the country are very comfortable openly discriminating against minorities currently.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2021, 11:27:37 AM »
If there is one thing we know for sure it's that this election is very important.  Lots of things will change for the worse if one certain person gets elected over another certain person.  So make sure you vote because this is important.  Things will not basically stay exactly the same in your day to day life regardless of who the president is.  A lot is at stake.  And there is definitely not basically nothing at stake.

Hmm

Probably people vulnerable to immigration laws have the most at stake?

Therefore, because so many people are so emotionally invested I think it becomes more important for the president to be a unifier.  Or at the very least not to be actively inflammatory. 

In many people's minds the differing political parties have gone from simply a difference in opinion regarding governmental policy to good vs evil. That's bad.

So to sum up, no I don't think who POTUS is tangibly changes the lives of a vast majority of Americans.  HOWEVER, Trump exposed the emotional fragility on both sides of the spectrum, mostly because he was so emotionally fragile himself.  He was unique in that he was actively inflammatory.
His policy didn't change many lives but his rhetoric did.  So because of the current condition of America I do think it's important to elect peace makers, unifiers, and others who are actively ANTI inflammatory.

Hmm, maybe it does matter who is president and elections actually are important. I'm glad 33 has learned how stupid this thread is.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite