Author Topic: Are race relations better or worse under the President?  (Read 8114 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Are race relations better or worse under the President?
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 07:17:40 PM »
1. I admittedly haven't read anything on this, but remember hearing an NPR podcast not too long ago that made mention of something to the effect of the middle and lower classes losing ground
Yeah, if anything this is a class issue, not a race issue. But the economy is absolutely in recovery anyone who says otherwise is pushing an agenda.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 09:25:24 AM »
the president is a racist, which compounds thins.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2015, 11:54:36 PM »

The white president raised by his white mother and her white parents hate white people. Sizzling #hottake

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 08:57:59 AM »

The white president raised by his white mother and her white parents hate white people. Sizzling #hottake

:sdeek: So Obama isn't even genuinely black.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2015, 01:02:51 PM »
1. I admittedly haven't read anything on this, but remember hearing an NPR podcast not too long ago that made mention of something to the effect of the middle and lower classes losing ground
Yeah, if anything this is a class issue, not a race issue. But the economy is absolutely in recovery anyone who says otherwise is pushing an agenda.
I think a lot of racial issues are symptoms  of class economic issues.  The money in America did group housing for black people together, made sure black people were poor through public and private policies, then the money moved to the suburbs when poor people problems spilled into their neck of the woods in cities. Issues with opportunities available to the poor are more pressing than police violence. Police violence and riots are just more visible and easy to give hot takes on.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2015, 01:16:26 PM »
I think white people are just getting smarter and realizing race relations aren't as good as they tried to tell themselves they were.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2015, 01:42:34 PM »
I think white people are just getting smarter and realizing race relations aren't as good as they tried to tell themselves they were.
disagree. i think we are seeing minority groups in America feel empowered and are working towards change that conservatives are not happy about.  you see this with the shift in the electorate and demographics.  you also see this as the SES situation hasn't improved as greatly with the recovery at the same rates as white America. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2015, 01:43:04 PM »
eh ok

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2015, 04:49:50 PM »
disagree. i think we are seeing minority groups in America feel empowered and are working towards change that conservatives are not happy about.  you see this with the shift in the electorate and demographics.  you also see this as the SES situation hasn't improved as greatly with the recovery at the same rates as white America.

Is this a joke, or are you just that rough ridin' crazy?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 05:04:44 PM »

Is this a joke, or are you just that rough ridin' crazy?

Yeah, I mean, conservatives would hate to see minorities succeed rather than keep supporting them with taxes? Sheesh edna. And you can blame our president for the horrible recovery numbers associated with minorities.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2015, 05:58:41 PM »

Oddly enough it's entirely possible for him to be both. There is no doubt that he was raised by his white mother and her white parents. Makes it pretty tough to square this with the "he and Holder hate white people" talking point that you, fsd, and other psychos of your ilk babble about.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2015, 09:07:23 PM »

Oddly enough it's entirely possible for him to be both. There is no doubt that he was raised by his white mother and her white parents. Makes it pretty tough to square this with the "he and Holder hate white people" talking point that you, fsd, and other psychos of your ilk babble about.

A person can be racist without hating anybody. Its simply an opinion, and always wrong.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2015, 09:11:46 PM »
are there some examples of obama's racisim?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 09:18:10 PM »

A person can be racist without hating anybody. Its simply an opinion, and always wrong.
LOL if for serious

Offline BringBackEcoKat

• Fan
  • The Lady of Winters
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2015, 11:46:37 PM »
They are getting much worse. Because the president is racist, he makes sure that things like Ferguson make national news. We don't ever hear about white people having problems with the police. It should be a citizen issue, but instead it's a race issue.
'Cause Cats

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2015, 10:28:34 AM »
They are getting much worse. Because the president is racist, he makes sure that things like Ferguson make national news. We don't ever hear about white people having problems with the police. It should be a citizen issue, but instead it's a race issue.

I Remember when Obama ordered cnn to cover the large scale civil unrest in a major American city, that was so mumped

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2015, 12:06:01 PM »

LOL if for serious

LOL at racism requiring hate.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2015, 05:06:27 PM »

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2015, 07:25:47 PM »

I think that may depend on your definition of racism. Beyond a doubt, he has an annoying and frankly harmful tendency to cast issues in racial terms when it isn't warranted. "If I had a son, he'd look like [insert latest young black male death that may or may not have anything to do with race]." Saying "the Cambridge Police acted stupidly" when they acted appropriately. Just a few examples.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2015, 07:49:11 PM »
any examples of racism tho?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2015, 02:16:16 PM »

I think that may depend on your definition of racism. Beyond a doubt, he has an annoying and frankly harmful tendency to cast issues in racial terms when it isn't warranted. "If I had a son, he'd look like [insert latest young black male death that may or may not have anything to do with race]." Saying "the Cambridge Police acted stupidly" when they acted appropriately. Just a few examples.

I doubt your precious lil KSU would have been followed and looked at with suspicion the way Trayvon was.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2015, 07:39:20 PM »

I doubt your precious lil KSU would have been followed and looked at with suspicion the way Trayvon was.

Maybe, maybe not. But I doubt he would have attacked GZ if confronted.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2015, 08:17:49 PM »
everyone is racist on some level (humans can't help it)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2015, 08:27:03 AM »
everyone is racist on some level (humans can't help it)
So humans are born that way, like gay people?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.